Eclipse - What's are your top tips? Do's and Dont's?

amurray88

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Something for after I retire I think, right now our next trip at 4 weeks in total (cruise/land) is about the limit, but it will not be too much longer now...

Totally recommend TP’s we have done 4 in total 2 each way! The last one was Hawaii to Sydney to Singapore on Solstice.

16 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Totally recommend TP’s we have done 4 in total 2 each way! The last one was Hawaii to Sydney to Singapore on Solstice.

TP's have the added bonus for us of having our son and his wife living in Australia.

... just to stay on topic for the OP...

If you have a special celebration onboard and feel like a meal in Murano on that day, it is best to book in advance so you can be sure to secure your date and time. Waiting until you are onboard may leave you with less suitable dates/times remaining.

Also if you decide to eat in Tuscan, it is an ideal location for a sail-away as you get a splendid view out of the large stern windows...

Edited by Mark_T

6 hours ago, Mark_T said:

On Eclipse it is still Cellar Masters isn't it? similarly it still has the 'Glass Blowing' and does not have the Lawn Club Grill as it has not been through the 'Revolution' yet...

Yes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark_T said:

Something for after I retire I think, right now our next trip at 4 weeks in total (cruise/land) is about the limit, but it will not be too much longer now...

Just don't delay a day longer than necessary. Too many people keep putting things off only to find that health and other issues then make such trips impossible. From personal experience, had we not done the above (incidentally the total trip was 90 days) and things like Antarctica, China, Rio Carnival/Amazon and even around South America in 2019 when we did they would not now be possible.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mark_T said:

On Eclipse it is still Cellar Masters isn't it? similarly it still has the 'Glass Blowing' and does not have the Lawn Club Grill as it has not been through the 'Revolution' yet...

Sorry, my error, thought it had been done last year but I see that that was just a quick redo - basically a repaint of the hull to dark blue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Sorry, my error, thought it had been done last year but I see that that was just a quick redo - basically a repaint of the hull to dark blue.

It is a lovely shade of blue though 🙂

If you have Captain Leo (whom I've had for each of my 3 Eclipse cruises), his announcements are actually worth listening to. He's an excellent communicator. He gives great talks on sea days, as well. 

Life is Beautiful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi we have friends that live in Sydney and told them about 7 night Eclipse cruises, they can’t find them on Celebrity website so I looked on uk 🇬🇧 and not there either. 
They wanted a 7 night to up the level on Captains club , but will do a 9 night.

Sorry, I'm away at the moment and couldn't remember the exact number of days. I'm back home later tonight and will let you know. It's something like 11 nights then 12 nights or vice versa, just wanted the post out 🙈

59 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Sorry, I'm away at the moment and couldn't remember the exact number of days. I'm back home later tonight and will let you know. It's something like 11 nights then 12 nights or vice versa, just wanted the post out 🙈

Not a problem, was just a little mystery to be solved 🙂

There is a Barrier Reef cruise and a New Zealand round-trip that fit the bill, they will be a fantastic combination. Very envious.

14 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Hi we have friends that live in Sydney and told them about 7 night Eclipse cruises, they can’t find them on Celebrity website so I looked on uk 🇬🇧 and not there either. 
They wanted a 7 night to up the level on Captains club , but will do a 9 night.

Distances around Europe are conducive to 7 night cruises - distances around Australia are not.

There are a couple of 5 night cruises Sydney to Hobart return and a couple of 9 night "Wine Cruises, Sydney to Adelaide return. Links below :

https://www.celebritycruises.com/au/itinerary-details/9-night-australia-wine-from-sydney-australia?packageID=EC09K120

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/9-night-australia-wine-from-sydney-australia?packageID=EG09K137

WE will be on our first Celebrity Cruise Sep 4 in Alaska with early dining time.  If you did want to make a table size request is there a contact for this or should we head to the maitrd d when we board ..

thank you 

12 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Distances around Europe are conducive to 7 night cruises - distances around Australia are not.

There are a couple of 5 night cruises Sydney to Hobart return and a couple of 9 night "Wine Cruises, Sydney to Adelaide return.

My friends are experienced cruisers and have found what they require, thank you

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2022 at 4:46 PM, the penguins said:

If you have any time (select) dining pre book as it saves waiting in the lines. On arrival each night ask for the table size you prefer, our choice is always sharing with a table of 6, we find larger tables hard to cope with. If you like the main theatre great dining times are 6.30pm if you want the 9.0 pm show or anything from 8.15 pm if you do the 7.0pm one. Cellar Masters is now a Sports Bar (Craft Central) and is much livelier than previously. 

Use the CC Role Call for shared excursions.

Our favourite ship and the one we chose for our Golden Wedding cruise.

On our previous Celebrity cruises, we have been able to select fixed dining & thereby have made some wonderful friends. Is fixed dining no longer available?

On 7/23/2022 at 2:23 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We were last on the Eclipse in April and there is still a  Cellar Masters.

Yes. We just disembarked Eclipse 8 days ago. Nothing has been done in the way of refurbishment. Wonderful crew. Great service. However the physical shape of the ship is tired and worn, unfortunately. 

On 7/21/2022 at 7:31 PM, amurray88 said:

Hi all,

Doing an Australia and New Zealand cruise later in the year on the Eclipse (14 night/2x7 B2B)

What are your top tips? Thanks!

Our favourite ship and the one we chose to Celebrate our Golden Wedding on.

The Spa cafe is a great choice for a snack on boarding day as it's usually empty. Any time (Select) dining, we always book for 6.30 and on arrival ask for a sharing table of 6. Theatre at 9.0pm then straight to Al Bacio. Join the specific Roll Calls to share excursions and on board activities. If Olysia is still in Al Bacio please say hello from us. Above all just relax and enjoy. Geoff and the boss (Anita). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2022 at 12:58 AM, aussie57 said:

On our previous Celebrity cruises, we have been able to select fixed dining & thereby have made some wonderful friends. Is fixed dining no longer available?

Still available with 2 sittings. We opt for Select because at the early at 6.0 pm is too early and the late too late. By eating at 6.30pm we have  a leisurely meal with ample time to get to the 9pm show in the theatre. Also we get to share with different people (we always ask for a table of 6). You can choose to dine with the same people again by simply arranging to meet at the dining room entrance. It's all about choice - not right or wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, the penguins said:

Still available with 2 sittings. We opt for Select because at the early at 6.0 pm is too early and the late too late. By eating at 6.30pm we have  a leisurely meal with ample time to get to the 9pm show in the theatre. Also we get to share with different people (we always ask for a table of 6). You can choose to dine with the same people again by simply arranging to meet at the dining room entrance. It's all about choice - not right or wrong.

Thank you, Penguins. That's very helpful.

On 8/9/2022 at 8:07 AM, asnaleah said:

Is there a place to see the refurbishment schedule for Eclipse? I’m just booking a cruise for December, 2023. Los Angeles-Santiago. 

Not really until they announce when revolutionizing schedule will resume. Put on hold for all but 2 M and 1 S Class ships which were done before Covid and still waiting. Minimal partial work has been done on Equinox but thats it beyond full job done on initial 3 ships.

• Thanks 1