Club Orange

regan3

4 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

Westerdam? My Kids would get it free.. But parents wont. 

Looking at  Balcony VF thru a travel agent

Upgrade from Balcony VF to VA may be worth it if they want to move to the center for a smoother ride instead of being at the front of the ship. But if your parents don't get seasick easily, may not be worth it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roxybear135 said:

It's $25 a person per day for cruises 7 days per less, and $15 a person per day for cruises longer than that.

That said, if you book a b2b you may pay the $25 per day.  I know that's what I got charged for a b2b.  I have 2 booking numbers though.

30 minutes ago, regan3 said:

Not even for the priority disembarkation?

Unless you absolutely need to leave the ship early to catch a flight but can't carry off your luggage yourself - not worth it just for priority disembarkation. Also, no one usually enforces directly when you get off the ship, it's just that your luggage may not be there when you leave earlier than your official disembarkation time. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vicd1969 said:

Upgrade from Balcony VF to VA may be worth it if they want to move to the center for a smoother ride instead of being at the front of the ship. But if your parents don't get seasick easily, may not be worth it.

yes. packed some Rx seasick meds too. Wonder if I should just do it for them or just us, and hope they upgrade us all w/ connecting rooms

The other perks aren't that appealing to me.  me. How late can I buy? say at check in after I see upgrade avail. ?  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/dining/club-orange.html

Edited by JesseLivermore

23 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

yes. packed some Rx seasick meds too. Wonder if I should just do it for them or just us, and hope they upgrade us all w/ connecting rooms

The other perks aren't that appealing to me.  me. How late can I buy? say at check in after I see upgrade avail. ?  https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/dining/club-orange.html

It's very unlikely your parents would get a free upgrade if you get Club Orange for your cabin. I agree that on the Westerdam, the other perks other than room upgrade aren't of good value for your family. Does your cruise have a significant amount of tender ports? That's one perk that may be worth it if there are a lot of tenders involved.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, regan3 said:

how much of an expanded menu?

"priority seating in the dining room with expanded menu"

Would have to weigh out all the costs to see if it's worth it. 

One extra Entree per dinner meal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vicd1969 said:

It's very unlikely your parents would get a free upgrade if you get Club Orange for your cabin. I agree that on the Westerdam, the other perks other than room upgrade aren't of good value for your family. Does your cruise have a significant amount of tender ports? That's one perk that may be worth it if there are a lot of tenders involved.

Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan. might  request wheelchair  for  Dad too if that's a factor?

1 hour ago, JesseLivermore said:

oh my son would use this every time... hmm.

Can OBC be used for Club orange too?

Club Orange members have one additional entree added to the menu to choose from.  OBC can not be used for Club Orange.  Club Orange upcharge is added to your booking prior to sailing.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1

Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan. might  request wheelchair  for  Dad too if that's a factor?

There aren't wheelchairs available at the port. If you think you are going to need one check out Scootaround or Special Needs at Sea and get one rented for the cruise. The only port you'll have wheelchairs available is Seattle. Sitka does offer a golf cart ride up from the ship to where you catch the buses to town. 

Karen

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

There aren't wheelchairs available at the port. If you think you are going to need one check out Scootaround or Special Needs at Sea and get one rented for the cruise. The only port you'll have wheelchairs available is Seattle. Sitka does offer a golf cart ride up from the ship to where you catch the buses to town. 

Karen

good to know. he has arthritic knee issues sometimes, cold/wet might be a factor. Hoping braces are good enough. Also have meds packed. 

another thread had a HAL wheelchairs request link (like airlines) ?

Edited by JesseLivermore

At Seattle there are "pushers" and they are great! They take you all the way from carside at the pier, through check-in and then to a waiting area. From there, once boarding begins, shio's crew take over and wheelchair people on. It used to be that they took you to the cabin but not sure on that aspect as we now use a scooter which we pick up at the pier and DH motors on!

At disembarkation you are given a bar (usually Pinnacle) to report to and there the staff will wheelchair off and down the elevator then port staff take over. They'll take you to your carside, shuttle, etc. They do accept tips (used to be they didn't but I asked this time as we needed one for a short distance and he assured me he could accept them). 

Karen

Karen

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

Here's my take. Please feel free to give your thoughts on which type of cabin is worth purchasing Club Orange if you booked the lowest or lower categories within the cabin "meta".

If you booked:

Neptune Suite on any ship - No

On Zaandam/Volendam:

Vista Suite -  Probably No

Oceanview -  Maybe if you need to move to center of ship but No otherwise

Inside - Same as oceanview

On Vista Class or Signature Class:

Signature Suite - Probably No

Verandah - Yes if one of those aft verandahs are available. No otherwise

Oceanview - Yes if you have an obstructed oceanview. No otherwise unless you need to move to center

Inside - Yes - the J class interiors are well worth upgrading to

On Rotterdam, Nieuw Statendam and Koningsdam (Pinnacle Class):

Signature Suite - Probably No. Unless you think Club Orange and priority lanes are worth the cost by themselves.

Vista Suite - Maybe if you have Guarantee or the very front BC ones

Verandah - Yes if you have obstructed verandah or the aft ones are available and you like that location

Oceanview - Yes if you are in a family group of 3 or more (Not sure if you can upgrade from normal oceanview to family oceanview through Club Orange - can anyone confirm?)

Inside - Probably No. Unless you think Club Orange and priority lanes are worth the cost by themselves.

Helpful chart. I’d add an asterisk to Pinnacle Class that the new Rotterdam has the best atmosphere of the three Pinnacle Club Orange dining rooms.

It is more like a specialty restaurant than the other two, purpose-furnished to be the CO dining room. The CO perk was nonexistent when the Kdam and New Stat were built. 

26 minutes ago, JesseLivermore said:

thx!. Will add it at check in then, unless upgrade avail. is better prior?

or is it Space A/ last minute inventory (7/31 embark)

You probably need to forget about paying more for Club Orange.  The newer ships like Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, and Rotterdam are able to fully offer Club Orange benefits.  HAL may offer you an upsell but you seem to be pretty well located on Deck 10 for the activities your group will enjoy.  Your parents will probably enjoy the Crow’s Nest with the comfy seating and amazing views.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

You probably need to forget about paying more for Club Orange.  The newer ships like Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam, and Rotterdam are able to fully offer Club Orange benefits.  HAL may offer you an upsell but you seem to be pretty well located on Deck 10 for the activities your group will enjoy.  Your parents will probably enjoy the Crow’s Nest with the comfy seating and amazing views.

Yes, Good advice that's why I picked observation deck for my room. Will use Dramamine patch as needed

I haven't booked parents  room yet since I was trying to see if connecting rooms were avail so we can spread out.   Only negative is long walks to dining, but we'll do a wheelchair for dad as needed  if his knee acts up.

I might book a VF for my parents and try to use Club to get them closer?  ($200 room difference so deciding if $150 Club extra is worth it for rest perks )

thx!. Will add it at check in then, unless upgrade avail. is better prior?

or is it Space A/ last minute inventory (7/31 embark)

I think you’d be out of luck at check in.  Rooms would be assigned so likely nothing left or may not be.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

oh my son would use this every time... hmm.

Can OBC be used for Club orange too?

The "extra entree" is a extra *choice* of entree. Your son can have two entrees at every MDR dinner. (The extra charge for extra entree was a short-lived experiment that disappeared.)

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

We have purchased Club Orange a couple of times on the Nieuw Statendam  and really enjoyed it , specially the Breakfasts in the special CO Room , the price was quite reasonable and we received a nice upgrade on top of that.

We will be on the Oosterdam in September , we are 5 star mariners and do not go very often to the dining room but mostly to Specialty Restaurants .  Is the price for CO different on the Vista Class ships and what would be advantage for us to purchase CO. 

My second question is , what is the phone number for Ships Inventory to ask for prices of upgrades .

Thank you ,

Tony 

5 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

We have purchased Club Orange a couple of times on the Nieuw Statendam  and really enjoyed it , specially the Breakfasts in the special CO Room , the price was quite reasonable and we received a nice upgrade on top of that.

We will be on the Oosterdam in September , we are 5 star mariners and do not go very often to the dining room but mostly to Specialty Restaurants .  Is the price for CO different on the Vista Class ships and what would be advantage for us to purchase CO. 

My second question is , what is the phone number for Ships Inventory to ask for prices of upgrades .

Thank you ,

Tony 

We love Club Orange. When you're on the Oosterdam your breakfast will be in the Pinnacle - absolutely delightful! Your dinner will be in the MDR with a specialty menu and service so not quite as private for dinner as if you're on the Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam or Rotterdam. 

1 minute ago, boze9999 said:

We love Club Orange. When you're on the Oosterdam your breakfast will be in the Pinnacle - absolutely delightful! Your dinner will be in the MDR with a specialty menu and service so not quite as private for dinner as if you're on the Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam or Rotterdam. 

Thank you very much for that , we love to have breakfast in the Pinnacle !  Any idea about CO price on Vista Class would it be the same as on the Pinnacle Class ships ? 

Much appreciated @boze9999, Tony 

• Like 1