Club Orange

regan3

1 minute ago, sailingdutchy said:

Thank you very much for that , we love to have breakfast in the Pinnacle !  Any idea about CO price on Vista Class would it be the same as on the Pinnacle Class ships ? 

Much appreciated @boze9999, Tony 

The flat rate seems to be $25 p/p p/day for short cruises and $15 p/p p/day for more than 7 days - but it seems as if they sometimes offer it for less, depending on capacity, etc. We appreciate the over the top personal service we receive with Club Orange, so for us, it is well worth it - plus the other benefits @sailingdutchy. Everyone has their own preferences, just as they do with cabin choices, etc!

5 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

thx!. Will add it at check in then, unless upgrade avail. is better prior?

or is it Space A/ last minute inventory (7/31 embark)

You need to call ASAP if you want to purchase Club Orange. It may not even be available. I recently added Club Orange to our October cruise and was told only 10 spaces were left. 

Also, Tony @sailingdutchy, breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill is only for Neptune Suite/Pinnacle Suite guests (unless I misunderstood what you were asking) and not for Club Orange. On the ships with a separate CO dining area anyone who has CO and Neptune/Pinnacle Suites can eat breakfast and dinner. In other words— Since you are on the Oosterdam you won’t be able to eat breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill unless you are in a Neptune/Pinnacle Suite. 

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Clarification
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2022 at 4:49 PM, DaveOKC said:

No - its within you Mega Category (HAL's term) which would be Verandah.  But you could go from a VH to a VA for example.  IF you happened to pay extra to book the highest level Verandah in the first place, you would be out of luck on the upgrade.

Maybe we just got lucky with an agent but we booked a V-category on the NS then a few days later called and bought Club Orange.  In the process, the agent temporarily changed our booking to a VH obstructed balcony then immediately upgraded back to our original V balcony cabin.  The change actually reduced our booking by $60, even after paying $350 ($25/person/7 days) for Club Orange.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, AFNavigator said:

Maybe we just got lucky with an agent but we booked a V-category on the NS then a few days later called and bought Club Orange.  In the process, the agent temporarily changed our booking to a VH obstructed balcony then immediately upgraded back to our original V balcony cabin.  The change actually reduced our booking by $60, even after paying $350 ($25/person/7 days) for Club Orange.

wow did you book w/ HAL directly? I went with cheapcruises.com (couple of hundred lower than HAL)so not sure if HAL agent could do that category upgrade..

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

You need to call ASAP if you want to purchase Club Orange. It may not even be available. I recently added Club Orange to our October cruise and was told only 10 spaces were left. 

hi fellow Arizonan .. No worries if they sell out. I was debating anyways. Would only do it if my parents could get an upgrade guarantee while booking it, not chance at it. Also need them to be close to us which might be a challenge last minute.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JesseLivermore said:

wow did you book w/ HAL directly? I went with cheapcruises.com (couple of hundred lower than HAL)so not sure if HAL agent could do that category upgrade..

Yes, we booked through HAL.  They were running a special at the time that was essentially the same price as I could find elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, boze9999 said:

We love Club Orange. When you're on the Oosterdam your breakfast will be in the Pinnacle - absolutely delightful! Your dinner will be in the MDR with a specialty menu and service so not quite as private for dinner as if you're on the Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam or Rotterdam. 

You do not get breakfast in the Pinnacle with Club Orange.  Only Neptunes do and only on non-Pinnacle class ships.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

You have to deal with the same company you booked with.

I believe there's a separate phone number to call but I can't find it.

My PCC left.  I had asked him about adding this to my Rotterdam TA and the reply email I got back was his generic email stating he was leaving HAL after 28 years.

I'd rather not call the regular HAL number and get someone who has no idea what I'm talking about.  I don't even want to upgrade my cabin.  I just want to move down the hall.

10 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

We have purchased Club Orange a couple of times on the Nieuw Statendam  and really enjoyed it , specially the Breakfasts in the special CO Room , the price was quite reasonable and we received a nice upgrade on top of that.

We will be on the Oosterdam in September , we are 5 star mariners and do not go very often to the dining room but mostly to Specialty Restaurants .  Is the price for CO different on the Vista Class ships and what would be advantage for us to purchase CO. 

My second question is , what is the phone number for Ships Inventory to ask for prices of upgrades .

Thank you ,

Tony 

Hi Tony, phone number is 888 6288107.

20 hours ago, regan3 said:

Not even for the priority disembarkation?

I had CO on my last cruise.  FYI, you don't get priority disembarkation if you have a HAL  shuttle to the airport.  Your disembarkation is based on your shuttle time.

My friend called, got someone who had no idea what they were talking about, told her she could take payment for CO but then she'd have to transfer her to another department to find out if the cabin she wanted was available.  If she can't get that cabin, she doesn't want CO.  And they insisted CO was $25/pp/per night.  It isn't.  It's $15 on a sailing this long.  I have that in writing from my PCC. It's frustrating.

I'll call and see if I get someone who has a clue.  SO sad my great PCC is gone and no one has contacted me with my questions.  One would think his active clients (those of us with upcoming bookings) would be moved to someone who would get in touch. 

2 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

You'll get charged for that 206 area code number unless you have free international or nationwide calling though.  I'm not in that boat.

there is always 'wifi calling' 😉

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

My friend called, got someone who had no idea what they were talking about, told her she could take payment for CO but then she'd have to transfer her to another department to find out if the cabin she wanted was available.  If she can't get that cabin, she doesn't want CO.  And they insisted CO was $25/pp/per night.  It isn't.  It's $15 on a sailing this long.  I have that in writing from my PCC. It's frustrating.

I'll call and see if I get someone who has a clue.  SO sad my great PCC is gone and no one has contacted me with my questions.  One would think his active clients (those of us with upcoming bookings) would be moved to someone who would get in touch. 

Call the PCC number (800-355-3017), but do not put in your (ex)PCC's extension. Let it go through the menu and at the end you can connect to the PCC switchboard. I had to do this in June while my PCC was on a well-deserved break. The young man who took my call (which had three parts to deal with!) really seemed to know his stuff!

Be sure to have your booking numbers all ready to read out. They will probably still have to contact Inventory, but she or he should do that FOR you while you or your friend wait on hold.

ETA: I think the "operator" you reach this way can also facillitate getting you a new PCC.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I did actually google this last night and it looks like it’s not an option on my phone/carrier. Thanks for the information though.

I don't want to hijack the thread, but it really is something you should look into.  We find it very useful when we travel to USA or Canada.  We can use hotel etc wifi to make calls, in addition to WhatsApp calls (which requires both parties to have WhatsApp installed) even back to Europe.

11 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I don't want to hijack the thread, but it really is something you should look into.  We find it very useful when we travel to USA or Canada.  We can use hotel etc wifi to make calls, in addition to WhatsApp calls (which requires both parties to have WhatsApp installed) even back to Europe.

I’m pretty sure I can do it through WhatsApp.  When I try to turn wifi calling on my phone it won’t let me do it.  My phone is new so I don’t think that’s the issue. I don’t have an iPhone.

Edited by Florida_gal_50

18 hours ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m pretty sure I can do it through WhatsApp.  When I try to turn wifi calling on my phone it won’t let me do it.  My phone is new so I don’t think that’s the issue. I don’t have an iPhone.

only some droid phones have it

• Thanks 1