Apex Dining Question

johnasmith99

1) Go in the app, if it allows you to make reservations you have SELECT (aka "anytime") dining and can go to any MDR; feel free to make your reservations

2)  If you have traditional dining, you wouldn't be able to make reservations in the app, if this is the case I would call X and ask to change to SELECT and if it's full ask to get on the waitlist.

3) If you're stuck with traditional, you will be assigned one MDR at random and have to request going to another dining with the M'D.

Most of the menu is the same each evening in all 4 dining rooms. In addition each has it own special items ( these are the same every day).  So while you might be assigned to Cosmopolitan you could order the special items from any of the other 3.  Making the only real difference between the 4 being the decor.

I really blew it.  I originally booked with MTD Feb, 2022.  Just a few days ago I was in my reservation and accidentally changed it to Early Dining.  It wouldn't let me change it back.  I thought, no big deal I will just call customer service when I get a chance.  After trying twice, and getting trainees both times,  neither even new what My Time Dining was.  Repeatedly I was asked if I wanted Early or Late for my time.  I was patient knowing all businesses are suffering from lack of trained help right now.  The 3rd one I talked to knew what I was requesting but said it was impossible for her to do.  I would have to stay on standby.  She did suggest talking to the Dining Team.  They close at 3pm Pac Time, so she couldn't transfer me.  I have tried several times since and cannot get the Dining Team to answer.  Looks like I am stuck with Early Dining.  The cruise is almost 6 months away, surely there's a chance I will get elevated from Standby?   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

20 minutes ago, johnasmith99 said:

I really blew it.  I originally booked with MTD Feb, 2022.  Just a few days ago I was in my reservation and accidentally changed it to Early Dining.  It wouldn't let me change it back.  I thought, no big deal I will just call customer service when I get a chance.  After trying twice, and getting trainees both times,  neither even new what My Time Dining was.  Repeatedly I was asked if I wanted Early or Late for my time.  I was patient knowing all businesses are suffering from lack of trained help right now.  The 3rd one I talked to knew what I was requesting but said it was impossible for her to do.  I would have to stay on standby.  She did suggest talking to the Dining Team.  They close at 3pm Pac Time, so she couldn't transfer me.  I have tried several times since and cannot get the Dining Team to answer.  Looks like I am stuck with Early Dining.  The cruise is almost 6 months away, surely there's a chance I will get elevated from Standby?   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

You may have confused them by using the terms “ my time dining.” That is not what it is called on Celebrity.  I am not surprised that they didn’t know what you were asking about, so you might try once more and ask about “Select” dining.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Where can I see what dining time is assigned on my reservation?   We’re waitlisted for Select and would like to keep a check on it. 

If you log in and go to 'manage reservation' then expand the reservation details it has the dining info there.

Mine says open dining: seating time anytime

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lena11033 said:

If you log in and go to 'manage reservation' then expand the reservation details it has the dining info there.

Mine says open dining: seating time anytime

Found it - thank you!  🙏

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

You dont need reservations at all. We have sailed Apex twice and Edge twice and have never made a reservation and have never waited longer than 5 minutes for a table. Most of the time its walk in and we like to eat at each restaurant several times. Reservations only limit your flexibility.

PS tip - Once you have eaten at all of them once, just pick the restaurant without a line or wait and go there as you can order any of the exclusive menu items from any restaurant. Example - if you like the Brie Cheese appetizer from Normandy, you can order that at Tuscan, Cosmo or Cypress even though its exclusive to Normandy.

PPS tip - Even if you dont have Select (and have early or late) , you can still go whenever you want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...