Help is this normal -- Princess EzAir Alaska Air Name Switcheroo!

MommyOTwins

We fly tomorrow for our cruise and when I went to the Alaska Air website to check in and entered the airline confirmation code from Princess, I saw all our names are showing up SUPER weird.  Essentially, it looks like when princess supplied our names to Alaska Air, they smooshed together first and middle names into the first name field and added "Mr" "Mrs" or "Mstr" for my husband, me, and our kids respectively as their middle names. 

So...

Jane Mary Doe

...is showing up on Alaska airline's check in page as:

Janemary Mrs Doe 

And John James Doe

...is

Johnjames Mr Doe

I'm on hold trying to get through to Alaska airlines.  Is this normal?  Has anything like this happened to anyone before before? Should I keep waiting on endless hold with the airline or should I be trying to call princess instead? Anyone have any insights into this insanity?

Eek!

1 minute ago, kiwimum said:

Quite normal, nothing to worry about.  As long as your travel document shows Jane Mary Doe.

Really?  Phew that's a relief.  Yes our IDs have our full names.  Just so strange for it to show up that way on the check in!  

Pretty much did the same thing to us on our Delta flights. I left my middle name off all my ID's so I don't have to use it on all the forms of ID's needed to travel (i.e. Names have to be exact same on passport as it is on license.) 🤣

9 hours ago, MommyOTwins said:

We fly tomorrow for our cruise and when I went to the Alaska Air website to check in and entered the airline confirmation code from Princess, I saw all our names are showing up SUPER weird.  Essentially, it looks like when princess supplied our names to Alaska Air, they smooshed together first and middle names into the first name field and added "Mr" "Mrs" or "Mstr" for my husband, me, and our kids respectively as their middle names. 

So...

Jane Mary Doe

...is showing up on Alaska airline's check in page as:

Janemary Mrs Doe 

And John James Doe

...is

Johnjames Mr Doe

I'm on hold trying to get through to Alaska airlines.  Is this normal?  Has anything like this happened to anyone before before? Should I keep waiting on endless hold with the airline or should I be trying to call princess instead? Anyone have any insights into this insanity?

Eek!

No worries. This is a computer program process with a lot of airlines. 
Have fun!

I had the same problem with our flights for on Alaska and Delta Airline next couple of weeks with "MR" or "MRS" as our middle names for all 6 of us traveling.

I actually called both airlines and Princess to ask about the situation as I didn't want TSA/US & Canadian Customs to look at us sideways with these funky names.  The airlines said it's Princess fault and they can't change anything.  Princess said their records are not showing any errors so there's nothing to fix.  So lots of finger pointing and no real solutions.

Glad we weren't the only only with this problem and not a big deal with any customs agencies.

• Thanks 1