Jim_Iain - Summit Live Post B3B Greenland / Iceland / Canada Aug 7, 19 and 31, 2022

Jim_Iain

10 hours ago, TommyD3 said:

Did they charge extra for the Pouilly Fuesse  ???

They give us a bottle of it as the high cruiser but never include it as part of the premium package !!!!

Yes,  Iain had 1/2 bottle $28.74 which included the CC 20% discount.  The Hotel Director sent a bottle to the room also which he hasn't cracked yet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, woldridge said:

As a person in that line, the reason was the drink packages were not on the sea pass cards so, after checking that one has the package, a sticker was applied to the sea pass card. When I was in line that was why everyone was there.

I figured there was some type of a snafu.    The only one I had was my App was missing most of the buttons and my Portfolio wasn't able to be opened.      Luckily the Retreat Concierge called the IT and Customer Service Manager and they met me in Retreat.   The figured out for some reason my e-mail was not linked to my reservation number.   Strange since I had been getting numerous alerts about covid and Sign In open...etc.  

They also found out it wasn't linked on any of the 3 reservation so did them all at the same time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

There has to be a better way!  I find it more than annoying when my card starts out wrong,   It would seem that the system would know not to charge drinks and internet without the sticker! 

There is ... but always hate to act privileged.   The Retreat Concierges just issue a new card inside the retreat to correct problems with missing packages.    I would believe the Concierge for Concierge Class could do the same.    That leaves Aqua Class out which I always found strange (no Concierge Lunch either).   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

Dare we ask what Iain's favorite expression is?

Really enjoying following along - we didn't get to Bermuda this summer so it's been too long since we were on the Summit.

Now for a Scot you would never believe it.    "It's only Money, We can't take it with us"     

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

12 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

Mar and Penelope were the best Retreat Concierges we have ever had.  We had three generations (my mom, me, and my son) on the Summit in June and they were BEYOND helpful!!!!  Always so friendly and bending over backwards to make our cruise as wonderful as it could be!!  Please tell them that Carolyn, Lisa, and Jake say hello!  And we miss them!

They were both very pleased to hear from you and send their regards.   The whole crew are really excited for these itineraries as none of them have ever been to Iceland and Greenland.  

• Like 2

Hi Jim.  Wishing you and Iain a safe, exciting, wonderful time for your 3 sailings.  We got off Summit on Sunday after a fantastic trip to Bermuda and the crew was exceptional.  I was able to witness a tiny bit of your sail away as our plane was taking off from Newark airport.  Have a great adventure and can’t wait to experience it through your eyes.  Thanks for taking us all along.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

So far had Juanita and Raymond so far.   I didn't get the assistant waiter's name yet.    I'll look and see in Yuda is still there.

Thanks.   Juanita and Raymond were not there when we were.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Now for a Scot you would never believe it.    "It's only Money, We can't take it with us"     

I'm of French heritage, but clearly Iain and I are related!

You guys looked really sharp last night. Unfortunately the photos are posted on the Ensenada Pier thread.

A little late to the party but very excited for another Jim and Iain cruise! And very excited for your itinerary. I grew up in the Bay Area and have only been back a couple times since graduating college (94) so I even enjoy glimpses of San Francisco with your TR. Joining with everyone hoping you can enjoy all 3 legs this time around.

@GeorgiaPeach51 I recently discovered author Carol Goodman. I picked up her 2021 The Stranger Behind You in the new section of my library was such a fantastic read, I was thrilled to learn she has authored so many books. She writes contemporary somewhat suspenseful fiction that seems to often incorporate past events and how those events influence the current circumstances in her story. Very engaging and often with plot twists I don’t see coming…a rare thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just catching up on the last few days as we are getting ready for Harmony OTS this Sunday,

I have such fond memories of our last few X cruises when I see that Luminae menu. Bourbon and Peaches is my dinner time Go-to. Great food pix from Tuscan.

As we wait to board the Harmony to go to the Caribbean, I got a chuckle out of wanting to make sure the thermostat will turn on the heat. 🤣🤣

mac_tlc

The Summit arrived in Halifax this morning to grey skies and light precipitation.  
Hope that doesn’t dampen (pun intended) your time in my home port. 

Hope you have a great day in Halifax. 

1 hour ago, RickT said:

The Summit arrived in Halifax this morning to grey skies and light precipitation.  
Hope that doesn’t dampen (pun intended) your time in my home port. 

Hope you have a great day in Halifax. 

We will be in Halifax on the Summit in early September - on Jim and Lain’s 3rd leg of their B3B.  It will be our second time in your fair city, and this time we want to do a deep dive into the history of the explosion of 1917.  We are from Boston, so the historical ties we have with Halifax are so interesting!  We appreciate the Christmas tree you send us every year!  We read “The Great Halifax Explosion” by John Bacon - fascinating and informative - also, very surprising how people don’t really talk about it much anymore - seems the Titanic history of Halifax is much more well known than the largest man made explosion until the bomb dropped on Hiroshima.  2000 lives lost, all of the Richmond area in Halifax obliterated!  We are going to do an audio GPS guided cell phone walking tour of the history of the explosion when we are in Halifax, available through Viator.  Any tips or insider recommendations are welcome!  Again, thank you so much for the Christmas tree - Boston appreciates it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MarKay525 said:

I'm of French heritage, but clearly Iain and I are related!

You guys looked really sharp last night. Unfortunately the photos are posted on the Ensenada Pier thread.

OOpps.

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

There is ... but always hate to act privileged.   The Retreat Concierges just issue a new card inside the retreat to correct problems with missing packages.    I would believe the Concierge for Concierge Class could do the same.    That leaves Aqua Class out which I always found strange (no Concierge Lunch either).   

I was told, the two times I was in Aqua (and a friend was also told this), that Aqua peeps can use the Concierge as well.

Edited by abbydancer
  • Thanks 1

87866487-EC2A-4C40-B8ED-FEC6CEA97DAC.thumb.jpeg.013fb60d75a424c1a983e1b7b84d86f4.jpeg

Amuse-Bouche

6C086617-3A07-454E-A83F-66F5C2C88AA2.thumb.jpeg.fcc14e58fe3dff972418e89af21da5f6.jpeg

For Starters Iain had the Steak Tartar and I had the Lobster Salad. 

F1B9F13B-EEE2-4462-9F7B-00BB977B527C.thumb.jpeg.975a0d147465bb2b1978e9b1f0388b0f.jpeg

72DA5B88-41E0-421C-AC84-8DF626A82090.thumb.jpeg.5d6bef5feddbed209a9cad807f87e15c.jpeg

For our main we both had the Lamb which was cooked to our desired temperature of medium-rare 

EB8E9339-6B2A-4A91-955A-9363C87C0258.thumb.jpeg.55ca4adb54111a076169f12134fa481a.jpeg

Chocolate plate 

66E43A0E-E88B-40BF-AB7F-EA98960CEE21.thumb.jpeg.7c60cbe392994b8df50330da8b48ec20.jpeg

E4CA7FC2-DF4F-494B-99F0-CD226BF5F861.thumb.jpeg.406314a23e805715dbcf73d6b965066b.jpeg

045DA116-6902-4940-882E-097009DAC951.thumb.jpeg.7622e1b4a1307ad04526b0f5faaa9bb9.jpeg

Desert

I had the Daniel B Vacherin (on bottom of main menu)

1A922D08-076A-4CDE-8564-EBA5F18FF141.thumb.jpeg.be3db91d05f52ac63cde0cd7e0c790e5.jpeg

Iain had the Strawberry and Panna cotta  from MD menu

33E37E97-448F-46EB-ADC2-2C2B470170B9.thumb.jpeg.ef72c70cc555a85a49f3ede44f3b5bbe.jpeg

• Like 4