Where To Find Nightly Dress Code For Our Cruise?

ClefsDor

I've registered all our information on My Silversea and would like to know how many formal nights there are on our cruise. Is there any way of seeing this on My Silversea? I have gone on the daily calendar and there is no mention of formal, informal or casual nights. It's an 18 day cruise so I would be surprised if there are no formal nights?

There was a recent thread on the SS forum where a poster inserted the schedule of expected formal nights that they lifted directly from the SS website.  Search there on SS or use the search function to find that info here.  All I know is you may have 2-3 formal  nights unless it’s an expedition cruise.  On My Silversea apparently they do not always indicate on your itinerary which nights are formal but if they do it would be indicated with a small bowtie.

If you use Facebook, I recommend joining the Silversea Passengers Facebook Group. The moderator has compiled files of useful information. Click on the FAQ index near the top. There is one file called How Many Formal Nights. The answer for an 18 day cruise is: 3 formal, 10 informal, 5 casual.

I will warn you that this can vary, especially informal vs casual. It is announced in the first day's newsletter you receive on board. In my experience women dress the same on both informal and casual nights, except for the last night when casual really is casual, because the rest of the clothes are already packed.

Thanks for the responses. I've seen the information on Facebook and it appears there will be 3 formal nights, 10 informal and 5 casual. But what I really would like to know is on what dates the formal nights will fall, primarily for restaurant bookings, and this I can't seem to find anywhere. The little bow tie isn't showing for any of the nights.

The first formal night is usually on the 2nd night of the cruise. It's the Captain's welcome. The last formal night is usually the second last night of the cruise. It's the farewell, since the last night when everyone is packing is always casual. Hard to predict when the 3rd formal night will be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alithecat said:

The first formal night is usually on the 2nd night of the cruise. It's the Captain's welcome. The last formal night is usually the second last night of the cruise. It's the farewell, since the last night when everyone is packing is always casual. Hard to predict when the 3rd formal night will be.

That's been our usual experience. The additional formal night might well be on Venetian Night, but as far as what day of the cruise? Who knows.

OP: For our last cruise, the bow ties never showed up at all. And there were 2 formal nights - Night 2 for the welcome, and mid-cruise for Venetian Night. We never had a Captain's Farewell; maybe because we were docked late in Cadiz that night? Seems like it's all over the place.

9 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

But what I really would like to know is on what dates the formal nights will fall, primarily for restaurant bookings, and this I can't seem to find anywhere. The little bow tie isn't showing for any of the nights.

This is an entirely reasonable desire, and one that I have as well.  Try as I might, I cannot understand why this information cannot be provided in advance of the cruise.  

I have not seen the bow ties show up for any of my recent sailings........that is 5 cruises since last summer. There has never been anything on Mysilversea about what night is what.......

6 hours ago, Observer said:

I cannot understand why this information cannot be provided in advance of the cruise.  

Because the Hotel Director and team don’t make the decision in consultation with the captain until a few days before voyage embarkation.

43 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Because the Hotel Director and team don’t make the decision in consultation with the captain until a few days before voyage embarkation.

And why is that? Why can this decision not be made earlier? Decisions about what ports to visit, the times of the visits, the provisioning for the ships, etc., etc. are made long in advance.  If they can make dress code decisions two weeks advance for 14 night cruises (the list is provided in the Chronicle available on embarkation) why can't they be made earlier?  Obviously, there may be changes if the ship is in very stormy weather, etc. But this is a bit of information that guests reasonably want to have while making restaurant reservations.

Edited by Observer