Royal has made an update on their website

8 hours ago, monorail81 said:

I wonder if they’ll start changing some of the Eastern ports to ports that are more “aligned”. 

No, they won’t change the eastern ports; that is nearly impossible to do, due to passenger lord commitments and lack of available dock space in other places.  
Cruise lines will just have to work within h the testing and vaccination framework that the destination ports publish. 

12 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Cruises departing from Florida have also been updated. The testing window is now three days instead of two.

Capture.JPG

That was from last week's announcement. We were told new info would be coming for cruises after 8/14.

• Like 2

The new policies do make for an interesting "opportunity". We have an 8-night followed by a 5-night B2B. Had we booked these two cruises in reverse, we would not have to test for the first leg, and they stopped TAD testing on B2B's a few months ago, so theoretically we could actually be on the 8-night 2nd leg cruise without ever being tested. Not sure I'm quite ready for that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The new policies do make for an interesting "opportunity". We have an 8-night followed by a 5-night B2B. Had we booked these two cruises in reverse, we would not have to test for the first leg, and they stopped TAD testing on B2B's a few months ago, so theoretically we could actually be on the 8-night 2nd leg cruise without ever being tested. Not sure I'm quite ready for that.

How often do you test at home?

28 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

Hopefully by January for our cruise on Wonder of the Seas, all this testing BS will have been dropped.  At least 3 days is easier for us since our last cruise left on Sunday and the local place where we get tested doesn't do tests on Friday or Saturday so we had to pay a small fortune to get tested at an urgent care center to meet the 2 day prior requirement.  We just have to learn to live with this and forget all this testing and masking and other useless protocols.

Agree, as someone who always Fly's in 2 days early 3 Day test lot easier. Though fortunate my last Cruises used Home Town Urgent Care CV Testing for Travel was easy and free, have feeling next time need it won't be

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

So why worry on the cruise then if you don't at home? 

Who said I was worried. If you actually read my post you will see is that I said the new policies provide the opportunity for people who want to game the system a golden opportunity to do just that. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Who said I was worried. If you actually read my post you will see is that I said the new policies provide the opportunity for people who want to game the system a golden opportunity to do just that. 

Why say that then?

22 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Why say that then?

Because it could scuttle the cruise lines if enough idiots game the system that way. We have already had to move (L&S) a dozen cruises because of the shutdown, and we just cleared out that backlog in July. With 21 cruises booked between now and April 2024, I simply have no more room to stuff any more into our schedule if the cruise line gets any more idiot hiccups.

Edited by orville99

15 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Because it could scuttle the cruise lines if enough idiots game the system that way. We have already had to move (L&S) a dozen cruises because of the shutdown, and we just cleared out that backlog in July. With 21 cruises booked between now and April 2024, I simply have no more room to stuff any more into our schedule if the cruise line gets any more idiot hiccups.

I am working on my FIRST cruise in 4 years. 2 cancelled. 

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

I understood exactly what you were saying and completely agree.  Just hope that even though we can now ALL enjoy cruising it doesn't call a new breakout.  I'm all for the testing.  It's easy and quick when you use Emed, even for the computer challenged like me!  Just took my test for my cruise leaving Saturday and just like clock work, 20 minutes I'm done, report printed and bags are packed!!

Everyone stay safe out there and hope to Sea you on the Sea someday.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, never_cruised said:

So we are still none the wiser what the change is after 14th August ?

Who knows as they told people who are cruising after that date to see new protocols coming out. This new info wouldn't even pertain to anyone cruising in August. Hoping something else comes out in the next few days.

Please just pick one path and use it.  I am tired of reading changes. Vaccinate and test same regardless of length or port. When this is done, stop requiring. 
so much stress just to take a vacation!  
That said, I do appreciate all of you trying to keep up for me. 

59 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The new changes take effect in September, which is after August 14. 

https://*****/advice/what-s-hot/news/several-cruise-lines-to-eliminate-pre-cruise-covid-testing

So why this then ?

The following pre-cruise testing requirements are in place for sailings from August 8 - August 14, 2022

That suggests there could be a change to testing on sailings after that date ?

Edited by never_cruised

1 hour ago, never_cruised said:

https://*****/advice/what-s-hot/news/several-cruise-lines-to-eliminate-pre-cruise-covid-testing

So why this then ?

The following pre-cruise testing requirements are in place for sailings from August 8 - August 14, 2022

That suggests there could be a change to testing on sailings after that date ?

And is is equally as likely that those protocols just "renew" for departures up to September 5.

What are we expecting?

A drop in vaccine requirement? already announced for Sept 5.

A change in testing? Then it would have been announced yesterday

IMO this is going to roll out slowly, and I do not expect to hear anything else this week.

• Like 1

None of it makes any sense.  NCL opened up ALL cruises, regardless of where you are traveling from and/or to, if you are unvaccinated.  But yet Royal still has all these exceptions.  Maybe the Caribbean islands are staggering allowing unvaccinated people by cruise line so they aren't overwhelmed with amount of unvaccinated coming in....I don't know.  If NCL can allow us after their September date they posted, then what is the hold up with other cruise lines? 

I am very loyal to Royal, but they don't appear to be loyal in return, which is why my first cruise back is with NCL! 

• Like 4