Need help changing dinner seating time.

BigB67

My wife and I are sailing from New York in a couple of weeks on QM2. We generally prefer late dinner seating and that is what we signed up for on this crossing. For a variety of reasons, we now need to change to the earlier seating. I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the website. Any advice?

In My Cunard, under Booking Summary - > Scroll down and at the bottom of the text is Bed Comfiguration and Your Dining Choice

It's not to easy to find......... took me a while

980523138_Screenshot2022-08-11150214.thumb.png.bbe3430db631cc638c367f623dd03c33.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigB67 said:

My wife and I are sailing from New York in a couple of weeks on QM2. We generally prefer late dinner seating and that is what we signed up for on this crossing. For a variety of reasons, we now need to change to the earlier seating. I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the website. Any advice?

Don't worry too much about it as you can manage this on Embarkation day . Visit the restaurant 'as soon' as you have embarked.  Maitre D's from the various  restaurants are usually on duty from about 1pm , they are very accommodating and will endeavour to meet your request , having said that, maybe not for the first evening .  

14 minutes ago, LeCommandant said:

I think it also depends on the rate you booked. I can only choose the bed configuration on My Cunard, not the dining. 

I was going to ask earlier what My Cunard looks like for those booked on "Our lowest fare" here in the US or on "Saver" fares in the UK where the fare does not allow selection of a specific dining time. It looks like you have answered that question. Thanks.

For those on UK "Early Saver" fares, here is a page I've seen before on the Cunard UK website with a link to a form to indicate your preference for dining time.

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/the-cunard-experience/our-fares/early-saver-dining-preference

I have no idea if that form is functional any more or if submitting it makes any difference. Just mentioning it here in case anyone from the UK is able offer any feedback about it. It just might save a trip to the maitre d' on a busy/late embarkation day if that form works.

We booked a UK early saver fare for our recent cruise and requested first sitting. 

Once in our suite we had a card which gave us our table number and we were in second sitting.

I went to the Britannia restaurant and spoke to the Maitre D and he changed us to first sitting.

13 minutes ago, Oca said:

Hattie, can you tell me what capacity QM2 is currently sailing at?  We are due to board in 6 weeks and we're just curious.

Thank you.

See this thread for some of the past capacity figures for the Cunard fleet.

The latest figures from Southampton VTS radio I reported for QM2 on that thread indicated she sailed at ≈77% capacity on July 29th.

I will be listening for the figures for this evening's departure from Southampton scheduled in about 90 minutes time and will update that thread if I am able to hear them.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

I will be listening for the figures for this evening's departure from Southampton scheduled in about 90 minutes time and will update that thread if I am able to hear them.

Sorry, no figures to report for QM2's departure this evening. The figures reported by the other three cruise ships that departed this afternoon came through loud and clear. Unfortunately QM2's radio transmissions only came through as static on the feed I listen to. Maybe better luck next time for her August 21st departure.

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Sorry, no figures to report for QM2's departure this evening. The figures reported by the other three cruise ships that departed this afternoon came through loud and clear. Unfortunately QM2's radio transmissions only came through as static on the feed I listen to. Maybe better luck next time for her August 21st departure.

The data for the Hamburg legs of a TA won’t tell you much, anyway, as it is never full; so many more people do the SOU-NYC legs.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 9:50 AM, BigB67 said:

I called Cunard directly even though I booked through an agent.  They care of it without any question.  Not sure however I think Carnival puts some of their better agents on the Cunard phone line.

• 1 month later...

Hi!   When you board the ship consult the program and check when the staff will be in the dining room to ask about a change or tables or sitting times.  If you can, get there early as a line will develop.  Also, please keep in mind that early sitting is more popular than second so it may be difficult to accommodate a change.  The staff will do everything they can to help. Good luck.

Deck Chair.