Floatplane crash families sue HAL even though they did not sell the excursion.

DaveOKC

6 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Hopefully when this is thrown out HAL will have countersued for frivolous lawsuit damages, something allowed in some states.    I am glad Dave posted this as it serves as a reminder that the cruise ship is not your agent.  They are simply a provider of a limited service 

I hope it is thrown out. 

When I have booked a float plane trip with whatever provider, I am aware of the possibility of things going awry.  It's my choice.  My goodness, when one takes a seat  on a commercial flight to anywhere, is there any guarantee that one will still be alive when the plane comes the conclusion of its flight anywhere?  (Take a look at the Smithsonian Channel's Air Disasters program.)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, esther e said:

This reminds me of a local commercial on TV a year or so ago:  If you have a fall, give us a call.  

You have only seen one?  Daily, on my local three TV stations, I see such commercials from legal firms.  The ad revenue must be of great benefit to the companies which own the stations' bottom line.  

The modern era of attorney advertising began on June 27, 1977. That was the day the U.S. Supreme Court handed down its decision in Bates v. State Bar of Arizona, essentially striking down prohibitions against advertising by attorneys.

2 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

You have only seen one?  Daily, on my local three TV stations, I see such commercials from legal firms.  The ad revenue must be of great benefit to the companies which own the stations' bottom line.  

Every hour there's commercials  about auto accidents, but this was the first I saw that was blatent about falling in a store and even went so far as to say the floor might be wet or such.  

I am astonished that an attorney would even take on this case. Holland America isn’t even remotely responsible for this. Everything we do in life comes with risk; we choose the risks we are willing to take. Now if they find fault with the operator or the pilot, that’s different, but leave Holland America out of it. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I am astonished that an attorney would even take on this case. Holland America isn’t even remotely responsible for this. Everything we do in life comes with risk; we choose the risks we are willing to take. Now if they find fault with the operator or the pilot, that’s different, but leave Holland America out of it. 

They sue and wait for a settlement without going to court.  Hopefully HAL won’t cave

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

From reading post #8, it is very likely the firm eagerly approached the family to convince them to sue HAL and whoever else they think they might be able to squeeze money out of.  They might as well sue the taxi service that took the family to the floatplane dock too (couldn't have been in the crash if they hadn't gotten to the floatplane)...simply ludicrous.  Are they suing the aircraft manufacturer too?  That aircraft couldn't have crashed if it had never been built.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

From reading post #8, it is very likely the firm eagerly approached the family to convince them to sue HAL and whoever else they think they might be able to squeeze money out of.  They might as well sue the taxi service that took the family to the floatplane dock too (couldn't have been in the crash if they hadn't gotten to the floatplane)...simply ludicrous.  Are they suing the aircraft manufacturer too?  That aircraft couldn't have crashed if it had never been built.

And how about the highway maintenance department? If they highway was not in reasonable shape, they could not have got to the dock.

• Like 1