Labadee cabana rentals through cruise planner

I posted this on the private island board but figured I'd try here too with more traffic and royal caribbean specific.

Trying to figure out if we want to book a cabana in Labadee. The cruise is in January. We have the ability to book a barefoot beach overwater cabana through the planner, but I'm confused why since we aren't in a suite and i thought that was designated for suites and pinnacles?? 

Also, I can't figure out the difference in location for overwater cabana and "waterfront cabanas" at Nellie's Beach?? Price difference is $300 cheaper than the overwater at barefoot or Nellie's. 

The overwater cabanas at Barefoot and Nellie's are both $1,499,  and water front cabana at Nellie's is $1,199. 

I saw that also.  But the price is significantly more than pre shutdown, and the Coco Cay prices seem very high also.

Before the only way to get one without a gold card to to ask the concierge onboard, which is when they would know if there were any left, which we had pretty good success

with doing. 

Now it looks like they are first come, gold card not required. 

1 minute ago, colesc15 said:

So then I'm assuming "Beach cabana" is just further back? 

I haven't memorized the map or the terminology - and it HAS been three years!  - but I think that those are the ones close to the buffet.  (so, yes)

37 minutes ago, flamingos said:

They are more expensive because people are paying those prices.  

But they had to open them to all passengers, not just the ones with gold cards.

They gold cards were not getting them when they were much cheaper.

The Barefoot Beach Club Cabanas have been opened to all guests.  Barefoot Beach is not open to all guests but renting a Barefoot Beach cabana provides access to the Barefoot Beach Club.

For my cruise in July they shot up the price then a week before my cruise the overwater Barefoot Beach cabanas were $549, waterfront $449 and the inland ones were $399. 

I had a friend drop their Nellie's cabanas and pick up a Barefoot Beach cabana.  Nellie's had been sold out but when their Nellie's cabanas went back on the market it was $1,449 despite plenty of Barefoot Beach cabanas still at the sale price.

My take is that they are playing with pricing to see what people are willing to pay.  If people are jumping at the new higher prices that will become the new normal.  For my cruise people were not willing to pay the higher prices so they put them on sale close to the cruise.  

Edited by twangster

32 minutes ago, twangster said:

The Barefoot Beach Club Cabanas have been opened to all guests.  Barefoot Beach is not open to all guests but renting a Barefoot Beach cabana provides access to the Barefoot Beach Club.

For my cruise in July they shot up the price then a week before my cruise the overwater Barefoot Beach cabanas were $549, waterfront $449 and the inland ones were $399. 

I had a friend drop their Nellie's cabanas and pick up a Barefoot Beach cabana.  Nellie's had been sold out but when their Nellie's cabanas went back on the market it was $1,449 despite plenty of Barefoot Beach cabanas still at the sale price.

My take is that they are playing with pricing to see what people are willing to pay.  If people are jumping at the new higher prices that will become the new normal.  For my cruise people were not willing to pay the higher prices so they put them on sale close to the cruise.  

I was surprised by the price increase. Don't think I can justify the cost for what you get at $1500

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Labadee Cabanas - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

We had S2 & S3 on one cruise and S4 & S5 on another.  Unless things have changed they are closer to the bathrooms and food/bar.  They also seem more open and not far from the water with more shade.  The Hilltops looked cramped as did the W.  The S units worked best with little kids running back

forth to the water, bathroom, and food.  

8 hours ago, colesc15 said:

Also, I can't figure out the difference in location for overwater cabana and "waterfront cabanas" at Nellie's Beach?? Price difference is $300 cheaper than the overwater at barefoot or Nellie's. 

Overwater cabanas are more isolated/private -- you don't have everyone walking past it.  

The waterfront cabanas (I think they used to be called beach cabanas?) are actually on the sand of the beach, and the general public is walking past at any given time.