Laundry

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Your bro just turned 72 couple of weeks ago...he still does his morning walks for 45 minutes or more each day on the walking track.   🙂 

Good for him.  I really like to see the more mature folks out walking during the day.  I do 3.5 miles in about 48 - 50 minutes every day (well, almost). 

The only time I like the ship to be a little rocky is when I walk.  It's kinda like going up and down hill 😃.

18 hours ago, macknmissy said:

I am considering booking a back to back on Symphony of the Seas. What do you guys do for laundry with back to back cruises? 2 weeks total 

Not if you still want cotton clothing to still fit you. Had to buy new t-shirts and shorts after trying it on our last 13 night cruise.

11 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Good for him.  I really like to see the more mature folks out walking during the day.  I do 3.5 miles in about 48 - 50 minutes every day (well, almost). 

The only time I like the ship to be a little rocky is when I walk.  It's kinda like going up and down hill 😃.

At home I walk 7 miles in 1.5 hours every morning (weather permitting) early in the morning (times vary depending on the time of year). On the ship I walk 1.5 hours starting at 6:AM. Very few people on the track at that time and love watching the sun come up while walking. Again weather permitting.  

18 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Not if you still want cotton clothing to still fit you. Had to buy new t-shirts and shorts after trying it on our last 13 night cruise.

Please understand that I'm am not doubting you.  However, I have never had that problem on a Royal ship and almost all of my shorts, underwear, and most of my shirts are cotton.  Now, I can understand that happening if the cotton clothing is new or next to it.  I try to make sure my cotton clothing isn't new when I cruise.  Just my experience!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

At home I walk 7 miles in 1.5 hours every morning (weather permitting) early in the morning (times vary depending on the time of year). On the ship I walk 1.5 hours starting at 6:AM. Very few people on the track at that time and love watching the sun come up while walking. Again weather permitting.  

LOL, I always try to walk during the peak heat of the day, I love to be hot and I love to sweat while walking, the hotter the better as far as I'm concerned.  I really love A/C when I'm not walking, though.  

Just now, Ret MP said:

LOL, I always try to walk during the peak heat of the day, I love to be hot and I love to sweat while walking, the hotter the better as far as I'm concerned.  I really love A/C when I'm not walking, though.  

80 degrees at 6 AM this morning when I left. Came home did some yard work, took a shower and getting ready to go out to eat, Current temp. 101 at 1440. Enjoying the AC and a cold beer. Temperature still hasn't peaked for the day. The CAS wash n fold perk is nice. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, macknmissy said:

I am considering booking a back to back on Symphony of the Seas. What do you guys do for laundry with back to back cruises? 2 weeks total 

Screenshot_20220817-164058_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

Neve heard of it until this thread!

I don't know who coined the term here years ago, but I think it came about because sometimes the label on the dispenser says "body wash" and sometimes it says "conditioning shampoo" and sometimes it says "body wash and shampoo" and sometimes it says "3-in-1 body wash and conditioning shampoo".... and yet it all gets refilled from the same jug!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I don't know who coined the term here years ago, but I think it came about because sometimes the label on the dispenser says "body wash" and sometimes it says "conditioning shampoo" and sometimes it says "body wash and shampoo" and sometimes it says "3-in-1 body wash and conditioning shampoo".... and yet it all gets refilled from the same jug!  LOL

GOTIT!

• Like 1

We do B2B pretty much every time we cruise.  I use the laundry bag service they offer.  I think it is about $35.  Underwear, shorts, shirts, pj's, socks, anything that is in need of a cleaning.  If you do use this service I suggest you fold your clothes as you put them in the bag.  You can fit more in that way.  

ETA--never had an issue with anything being damaged or shrinking.  

Edited by tinkertwo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ret MP said:

We walk 3 plus miles at home on our community nature trail as well.   When on a ship, we walk together...but at home...separate.  Bucky tells me I walk too fast...even though he is no snail for sure.  😉 

Neither of us jogs or runs...too hard on old bones.  😮 

Hence having to do the burn and fry bag of laundry...and hand wash.  Stinky walking shorts/shirts.  🤢

• Like 1

21 hours ago, brillohead said:

These 22-pound magnets are cheap and aren't as heavy in your luggage (if you're flying and have weight limits):  https://www.amazon.com/MHDMAG-Refrigerator-Accessories-Neodymium-Refrigerators/dp/B07N57H5F6   They easily hold a wet garment on a hanger from the ceiling. I've been using them for years now.

When doing hand laundry, I let things drip in the shower, then I lay a towel on the floor and put the wet item on the towel, roll the whole thing up, and walk on it (holding onto the back of the vanity chair so I don't fall and break a hip!).  That forces the water out without stretching/wrinkling the fabric like wringing does.  Hang it up overnight and it's dry the next day.

Almost exactly what I do...though I put the clothes on the bed on two towels to roll up like a Cannoli.  😉  

I always bring 6-8 light weight plastic hangers from home as well...to hang on my ceiling hook magnets.  Sometimes the cabins have those non hook hangers in the closets.  😑

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

LOL...yup...still just a "youngster" you are.  😄  

Hey, could you help me wake up your bro that early? 😁  I am lucky if I can get him up by 7-7:30 am.  Me...I am up at 5:30 to fetch him some "wake up juice" to get him going.  

We end up walking after breakfast.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Please understand that I'm am not doubting you.  However, I have never had that problem on a Royal ship and almost all of my shorts, underwear, and most of my shirts are cotton.  Now, I can understand that happening if the cotton clothing is new or next to it.  I try to make sure my cotton clothing isn't new when I cruise.  Just my experience!

I think there are a few us us that have found our clothing has shrunk on a cruise...even if we don't send them out to be cleaned.  😮😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

80 degrees at 6 AM this morning when I left. Came home did some yard work, took a shower and getting ready to go out to eat, Current temp. 101 at 1440. Enjoying the AC and a cold beer. Temperature still hasn't peaked for the day. The CAS wash n fold perk is nice. 

Uggh!!   Trade you for our current 59 degrees...wind...and cold rain non-stop for the last two days now.  😮  

Oh well, that why we came up to Maine for the summer...escape the heat and humidity of Florida.  😉 

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Uggh!!   Trade you for our current 59 degrees...wind...and cold rain non-stop for the last two days now.  😮  

Oh well, that why we came up to Maine for the summer...escape the heat and humidity of Florida.  😉 

Just got back from morning walk. Cooler this morning, 75 degrees. 😉 But I like the heat. Today is suppose to be another 100+ degree day. At least we don't have the humidity. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1