LIVE - Solstice - R/T Seattle to ALASKA

aring75

Mark wanted fish for lunch. Last time we were here, we ate at the Alaska Fish House. It was good, but it was SO busy today (there were four ships in port).

We decided to try the Ketchikan Crab & Grille, which is just next door. 

0197F1D3-768B-44B4-89EB-F2FB24948FA4.thumb.jpeg.2958f6e8ee4d74c861ffc963349321e8.jpeg

85ABF77E-6DF2-42F0-A4E2-85EBFA0C9AA9.thumb.jpeg.e6bbc43d8b3d55b9c57b11e0e7794e9c.jpeg

The prices for crab have nearly doubled(!) since the last time we were here. We still saw lots of people order it though. And it looked yummy!

F3A62188-BABF-4386-BC12-72BE0088FBF1.thumb.jpeg.628e1fa1cba5afd3ebc9a184dee91c74.jpeg

• Thanks 1

We took a leisurely stroll back to the ship and spotted an eagle looking over Creek Street. 

363AB1BD-1944-44B3-AA22-66FD672F75CC.thumb.jpeg.23dd1ab6add86709a2acd3e2ba419912.jpeg

I only had my phone so I know the picture is terrible. Sorry! For those of you still playing “Where’s Waldo,” he’s right here! 😁

3132B796-B80B-4E06-B473-7DC97E7AAAEB.thumb.jpeg.f5150ccc5eaae5692fc3aa134cbf3a07.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We are having dinner tonight at Tuscan Grille. I will report back on that. 

But, in the meantime, I’m including screenshots of the main dining room menu for tonight according to the app. 

6389EF85-1441-4DF6-89A7-D284FCFF3233.thumb.png.5075cd63135136a1e46da825fc7a9e34.png

1983F135-932A-4C90-8B90-F7FBE6CF2B39.thumb.png.bdbf90ea85501d53ced278cbf9a3f4b7.png

B0F67B52-8F8C-42E6-A683-29F8F56E652E.thumb.png.f35d678a119dd4b16cfd69c85aea7bac.png

C26912ED-7194-4554-B1DA-F54E5C1218E8.thumb.png.011b5abfd0fd9a391529c0004f0be145.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Loving your review!  We will be on Solstice in March for a Mexican riviera cruise. I’m excited about solstice because It hasn’t been edge-I-fied. I prefer the classic design over the edge class ships. Have read a few reviews claiming the ship looks tired. What are your impressions?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Loving your review!  We will be on Solstice in March for a Mexican riviera cruise. I’m excited about solstice because It hasn’t been edge-I-fied. I prefer the classic design over the edge class ships. Have read a few reviews claiming the ship looks tired. What are your impressions?

I have noticed that the curtains in our stateroom look like they’ve seen better days. Our sliding closet door doesn’t “glide.” The right-hand side kind of needs an extra push when you open it. 

For the most part, however, our room is clean and neat, even if the decor might be a little outdated. The towels and sheets seem almost new and are sparkling white. The shower is clean and the shower head seems new (even though I don’t like it). 

Around the ship, I’ve noticed a few minor dings and scratches, but nothing that I would consider problematic. She looks good for her age. She could use a refresh (maybe that’s what people mean when they say the ship looks tired), but I have not seen anything that would make me think she looks old or unkempt. 

But I certainly believe that two people can look at the exact same thing and come away with completely different impressions. Hope this opinion helps!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, tweetylori said:

So would you recommend where you had lunch?

Yes! Only Mark and I agreed that if we were to eat there again, we would split an order of the Dungeness Crab and then maybe split the halibut and chips. We kinda regretted not getting the crab after we saw other people eating it. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the daily postings of Celebrity Today. Also it's great to find out that the dining room menus are available on the app. I'm gearing up for my first solo/first Celebrity cruise on Solstice in October and this is very helpful in putting together a game plan. Carry on 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tweetylori said:

OK I'll be the one to ask.  You ok? Internet issues? Or just enjoying every moment? Hopefully the enjoying part. Looking forward to you catching us up when you can!

They should be in Skagway today. Internet connection on the ship is pretty much unavailable from the early morning until late evening.

• Like 1

I also hope our OP returns.

And another Ketchikan restaurant suggestion -- Annabelles Famous Keg & Chowder House.  We found it a number of years ago and eat there every opportunity (twice last June on our Solstice B2B).  Three different types of chowder which can be served by the cup, bowl or bread bowl (which has dill weed baked in the bread).  Excellent fish and chips.  And Ketchikan has a dungeness fishery so when in season fresh dungy.   And some non-seafood options too.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 9:47 AM, abbydancer said:

DH lived in Seattle for a long time.  When he moved to Northern California one of the hardest things to get used was the fact that rain here can last for days, whereas in Seattle, rain blows through for maybe a few hours.

Hm...lifelong Seattleite here.  This has not been my experience.  🤔

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShelleyQT said:

Hm...lifelong Seattleite here.  This has not been my experience.  🤔

Lifelong Rentonite here... mine either.. other than to say that a rain forecast day may not even be rain but a heavy drizzly fog lol.  Seattle has a thousand different variations on rain... that's why we don't tan, we rust.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Seattle has a thousand different variations on rain... that's why we don't tan, we rust

The same could be said for Scotland and the rust is probably why we have so many red-headed people!🤣🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Haha 4

On 8/25/2022 at 7:40 PM, Wink87 said:

She was posting a lot and there has been nothing.

She's on vacation. Nothing to worry about. This post isn't her profession, it's something she wanted to do. If she doesn't post another word that's just the way it is.