Premium Plus Beverage Plus Package question

pbenjamin

In the menu fragment below, for #312, in the by-the-glass column, it says $24.  For #327, it says Premium Plus.  

Are both of these included in Premium Plus?  If so, what is the difference?  Is #327 only available with Premium Plus?

image.thumb.png.e9e6693ab5c215ae7dce8039ab0b1f26.png

On the wine lists, if "PREMIUM PLUS" is listed next to the wine bottle price, it is one of the bottles you can order with dinner at no charge.

All the glasses of wine listed (#312 for example), are included in the Premium Plus package.  There isn't a $15 per drink cap under the Premium Plus Package.    So you can order as many glasses of that wine as you wish, but if you asked for that bottle, you would be charged the price + gratuity,  less the 40% discount given to Premium Plus package.

Edited by JandC_Cruising
  • Thanks 3

#327 isn't available by the glass, but with Premium Plus you can get the bottle for free.  I see what you're asking though- it's a little confusing since they write Premium Plus right where the glass price would be. Basically as said above, you can order anything you want:

1. any glass of wine is free with Premium Plus

2. any bottle marked as Premium Plus is also free with that program (the whole bottle)

3. any bottle NOT marked Premium Plus you can order, but you pay the bottle charge (minus 40% discount) and a gratuity charge.

You can order more bottles than you'll drink at meals and take remaining bottles back to your cabin as well.

• Thanks 3

On 8/17/2022 at 2:59 PM, rjm11 said:

You can order more bottles than you'll drink at meals and take remaining bottles back to your cabin as well.

Is this really correct with Premium Plus?
I would love to take a bottle back to the room and have a glass at end of night or before going out to dinner.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, js said:

I would love to take a bottle back to the room and have a glass at end of night or before going out to dinner.

Thank you.

Yes, if you order and pay or get one of the Premium Plus identified bottles, you can take it with you if you don't finish it.  

EDIT - Sorry, not sure of ordering more than one bottle for consumption later.  Guessing this applies to all those Veuve patrons. 😉  

Edited by scooter6139
Misread question

1 minute ago, scooter6139 said:

Yes, if you order and pay or get one of the Premium Plus identified bottles, you can take it with you if you don't finish it.  

Another plus LOL
Thank you!

45 minutes ago, js said:

Thank you.

Yes- you can order 2 per person per dinner (we got some at lunch too!) so we ended up with a bit of a collection in the room. Some restaurants opened them, but others did not and just let us take them. Even if they were opened you could take them with you.

For us, who primarily drink wine, this was one of the big advantages to the upgrade to Premium Plus.

Edited by rjm11

20 minutes ago, rjm11 said:

Yes- you can order 2 per person per dinner (we got some at lunch too!) so we ended up with a bit of a collection in the room. Some restaurants opened them, but others did not and just let us take them. Even if they were opened you could take them with you.

For us, who primarily drink wine, this was one of the big advantages to the upgrade to Premium Plus.

Yes, I agree. I enjoy good wine and on vacation good champagne in the morning or end of night.

My dh on the other hand likes a good Bloody Mary and beer.

I'm trying to justify spending the $500 for both of us and I will but he really doesn't need or will even use the upgrade. Stinks but it is what it is and I want it LOL

Do the speciality resturants use the same Wine menu (premium Plus) as the MDR (wine menu - MDR @BirdTravels)?  Added averqge retail US price.

Ship   Premium Plus Wine list from @BirdTravels                           Ship      Retail
Bin #  SPARKLING & WHITE                                                                Price
119    Most & Chandon BRUT "Impérial" Champagne, France          $85    $42.76
128    Perrier-Jouét BRUT "Grand Brut” Epernay                                 $75    $41.99
           Light Intensity        
218    Santa Margherita PINOT GRIGIO Alto Adige, Italy                   $35    $21.99
221    Domaines Barons De Rothschild (LAFITE) Los Vascos          $26    $14.99
           Medium Intensity        
327    La Crema CHARDONNAY Monterey, California                         $39    $16.99
330    II Borro CHARDONNAY “Lamelle" by Salvatore Ferragarno     $35    $15.99

RED WINES        
412    Argyle PINOT NOIR Willamette Valley, Oregon                          $51    $39.99
418    Résonance PINOT NOIR Willamette Valley, Oregon                 $89    $34.99
468    Kendall-Jackson ZINFANDEL "Vintner's Reserve", Cal             $37    $18.97
492    II Borro Blend Borrigliano Val d'Arno di Sopra,Tuscany            $29    $16.99
501    Chateau Cantenac Blend St. Emillon Grand Cru, Bordeaux,    $54    $24.99
513    Cellier des Princes BLEND Chateauneuf du Pape, Rhdne       $28    $12.99
516    Ferrari-Carano MERLOT Sonoma County, California                $39    $25.83
522    Simi CABERNET SAUVIGNON Alexander Valley, Califoniia     $63    $34.99
525    Spellbound Pettie, Sirah, California                                             $39    $13.94
528    Greg Norman Estates SHIRAZ, Limestone Coast, Austrailia  $39    $14.99
540    Arboleda CARMENERE Aconcagua Valley Aconcagua, Chile $35   $22.49
           Full Intensity       
618    Silerado Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Est Grown, Napa    $79    $44.99
621    Tradicion H Tempranillo Gran Reserve Rioja, Spain                 $42    $21.99

4 hours ago, js said:

Yes, I agree. I enjoy good wine and on vacation good champagne in the morning or end of night.

My dh on the other hand likes a good Bloody Mary and beer.

I'm trying to justify spending the $500 for both of us and I will but he really doesn't need or will even use the upgrade. Stinks but it is what it is and I want it LOL

Remember, it's not all about the alcohol (horrors!)  There's Starbucks, energy drinks, juices, waters...all included.  Not that it's likely to offset the full cost but I usually make a nice dent before my first drink.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, J&Bsail said:

Do the speciality resturants use the same Wine menu (premium Plus) as the MDR (wine menu - MDR @BirdTravels)?  Added averqge retail US price.

Ship   Premium Plus Wine list from @BirdTravels                           Ship      Retail
Bin #  SPARKLING & WHITE                                                                Price
119    Most & Chandon BRUT "Impérial" Champagne, France          $85    $42.76
128    Perrier-Jouét BRUT "Grand Brut” Epernay                                 $75    $41.99
           Light Intensity        
218    Santa Margherita PINOT GRIGIO Alto Adige, Italy                   $35    $21.99
221    Domaines Barons De Rothschild (LAFITE) Los Vascos          $26    $14.99
           Medium Intensity        
327    La Crema CHARDONNAY Monterey, California                         $39    $16.99
330    II Borro CHARDONNAY “Lamelle" by Salvatore Ferragarno     $35    $15.99

RED WINES        
412    Argyle PINOT NOIR Willamette Valley, Oregon                          $51    $39.99
418    Résonance PINOT NOIR Willamette Valley, Oregon                 $89    $34.99
468    Kendall-Jackson ZINFANDEL "Vintner's Reserve", Cal             $37    $18.97
492    II Borro Blend Borrigliano Val d'Arno di Sopra,Tuscany            $29    $16.99
501    Chateau Cantenac Blend St. Emillon Grand Cru, Bordeaux,    $54    $24.99
513    Cellier des Princes BLEND Chateauneuf du Pape, Rhdne       $28    $12.99
516    Ferrari-Carano MERLOT Sonoma County, California                $39    $25.83
522    Simi CABERNET SAUVIGNON Alexander Valley, Califoniia     $63    $34.99
525    Spellbound Pettie, Sirah, California                                             $39    $13.94
528    Greg Norman Estates SHIRAZ, Limestone Coast, Austrailia  $39    $14.99
540    Arboleda CARMENERE Aconcagua Valley Aconcagua, Chile $35   $22.49
           Full Intensity       
618    Silerado Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Est Grown, Napa    $79    $44.99
621    Tradicion H Tempranillo Gran Reserve Rioja, Spain                 $42    $21.99

There were some bottles (including ones additional ones available with premium plus) in the specialty restaurants and in the haven restaurant that aren't on here. It did vary. The other thing worth noting is that with the Premium Plus, you get 40% off ANY bottle, so that brought it down to the retail price in most cases. We did "splurge" and get pretty fancy bottles (like Opus One or M) on a few occasions because it was close to what we would have paid at wine store at home, and less than what we would have paid at a restaurant at home.

2 hours ago, rjm11 said:

There were some bottles (including ones additional ones available with premium plus) in the specialty restaurants and in the haven restaurant that aren't on here. It did vary. The other thing worth noting is that with the Premium Plus, you get 40% off ANY bottle, so that brought it down to the retail price in most cases. We did "splurge" and get pretty fancy bottles (like Opus One or M) on a few occasions because it was close to what we would have paid at wine store at home, and less than what we would have paid at a restaurant at home.

Hi. 

They had Opus One and you were able to get 40% off? I may just purchase the bottle unless it was already considerably inflated. 

Thank you. 

18 hours ago, js said:

Hi. 

They had Opus One and you were able to get 40% off? I may just purchase the bottle unless it was already considerably inflated. 

Thank you. 

Yes- this was June on the Bliss. It was of course inflated, but with the 40% off it was back down to close to retail- maybe around $300? I can't remember exactly. And they do add the 20% gratuity. Still not a bad price if you're into those things.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:29 AM, rjm11 said:

I just double checked- Opus One Blend is $375 on the NCL menu. With 40% off, that's $225, with gratuity it's $270. Not bad for that bottle.

Not bad at all, about $100 less than retail. I am going to add this to my To Do list LOL
See, I'm already saving money! LOL
Thank you very much for looking.

• Like 1

For those that know... We are new to Norwegian and will have the premium unlimited drink package when we sail on the Escape next Spring.

Question, is it really unlimited or is there a cut off?  Just curious 🙂 

Just now, Green4me said:

For those that know... We are new to Norwegian and will have the premium unlimited drink package when we sail on the Escape next Spring.

Question, is it really unlimited or is there a cut off?  Just curious 🙂 

There's a dollar limit per drink of $15. Anything over you have to pay the difference. If you upgrade to Premium Plus, there's no dollar limit (except for the super duper high end stuff).

Otherwise, drink, drink, drink! Just please don't be on the 4/30 Escape cruise haaha...or if you are, make sure you're a fun drunk. 

I am not sure if this is covered in this thread, so if it is here and I missed it, I'm sorry!!  My husband doesn't drink wine, but I do with meals.  If I get the Premium Plus Package and order a bottle of wine, will they hold it for me in the dining room so that I can drink it over a couple of nights?  Trust me, no one wants me to drink a single bottle in one night!  We are sailing in the Haven on the Encore to Alaska next summer.  I know that's a while out, but I'm so stinking excited that I can't keep myself off these boards, YouTube, etc.  Thanks in advance for any advice/info!

3 hours ago, Wintimhw said:

I am not sure if this is covered in this thread, so if it is here and I missed it, I'm sorry!!  My husband doesn't drink wine, but I do with meals.  If I get the Premium Plus Package and order a bottle of wine, will they hold it for me in the dining room so that I can drink it over a couple of nights?  Trust me, no one wants me to drink a single bottle in one night!  We are sailing in the Haven on the Encore to Alaska next summer.  I know that's a while out, but I'm so stinking excited that I can't keep myself off these boards, YouTube, etc.  Thanks in advance for any advice/info!

That is your choice. Either you bring the bottle with you after dinner and take it to your cabin, or you ask the restaurant staff to store the bottle for you.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wintimhw said:

Remember too that both you and your husband would have to get the P+ upgrade. You can't just get it for one person in the cabin.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wintimhw said:

If I get the Premium Plus Package and order a bottle of wine, will they hold it for me in the dining room so that I can drink it over a couple of nights?  

I don't believe they'd store it for you.  You could recork and take it with you or (and I know it's a waste) just get a fresh bottle the following night so the wine doesn't degrade too much.  I usually do the latter because I usually try to pair my wine with what I'm eating.

The other option, and I've done this on my last cruise where I was solo, is just forego the bottle of wine and order whatever you want by the glass.