New Rules for Bermuda Cruise passengers. Aka this will affect my Beyond cruise in October

mfs2k

35 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I suspect my Repositioning cruise will be the next one to have Bermuda cancelled after the TA's today. 

Lets hope for my repo as well, Summit to Miami. Difference is, Celebrity doesn't have to provide testing for the repo cruises.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

Lets hope for my repo as well, Summit to Miami. Difference is, Celebrity doesn't have to provide testing for the repo cruises.

True. But they do have to give full refunds to everyone testing positive. Maybe they don’t want that expense. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

I suspect my Repositioning cruise will be the next one to have Bermuda cancelled after the TA's today. 

I thought Celebrity had been doing the Summit to Bermuda cruises this season.  What would be different with the Beyond repo, doesn't it arrive in bermuda within the timeframe that does not require 2 tests as the TAs did?

Due to regulations in Bermuda, which would have hindered our guest experience, we have cancelled our call to Royal Naval Dockyard. Knowing this change may disappoint some, we’ve replaced this visit with a relaxing day at sea and an exciting new stop in Ponta Delgada, Azores on October 31st.Ponta Delgada is the gateway to the lush nature of São Miguel, take in the sights or enjoy a wine tasting while experiencing all that the Azores have to offer. Rome to FLL Oct. 24 on the Edge

Edited by newtocruisingcdn
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I thought Celebrity had been doing the Summit to Bermuda cruises this season.  What would be different with the Beyond repo, doesn't it arrive in bermuda within the timeframe that does not require 2 tests as the TAs did?

This is a 12 day Summit repo to Miami. Lot of us consider a 6 hour port stop in Bermuda a waste of effort, time, money and stress.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Nothing. They will stop there unless there is a hurricane.

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You booked it with Bermuda. 

And 5 other ports. As long as it was required in order to do the rest of the itinerary,  it was acceptable. Now that Celebrity is cancelling it on many cruises. I'd like it canceled on this,  as well. JMHO

Edited by bookitdanno
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, bookitdanno said:

And 5 other ports. As long as it was required in order to do the rest of the itinerary,  it was acceptable. Now that Celebrity is cancelling it on many cruises. I'd like it canceled on this,  as well. JMHO

They are canceling sailings where they would have to administer an onboard test. An expense for them. They have been sailing to Bermuda all summer. Also there are probably passenger who want to do Bermuda. It is not all about you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

They are canceling sailings where they would have to administer an onboard test. An expense for them. They have been sailing to Bermuda all summer. Also there are probably passenger who want to do Bermuda. It is not all about you. 

Never said it was all about me,  never even implied it.  But I retain my right to voice my opinions on this forum for a cruise I am booked on. As I see fit. It's not all about you,  either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I'm on that cruise as well, and from the comments on the roll call, there is not a lot of enthusiasm for a relatively short stop in Bermuda.  Most, including myself, would prefer an alternative.  But, you are right, there are plenty of passengers who do not belong to cruise Critic.  Nothing wrong with someone stating an opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, capecodmercury said:

I'm on that cruise as well, and from the comments on the roll call, there is not a lot of enthusiasm for a relatively short stop in Bermuda.  Most, including myself, would prefer an alternative.  But, you are right, there are plenty of passengers who do not belong to cruise Critic.  Nothing wrong with someone stating an opinion. 

I am just saying it does not matter whether you want to stop there are not stop there or others want to stop there. They have been stopping there all summer and there is no reason for them to not stop unlike the transatlantics. So based on on precident they will stop there. But you never know.

We have a cruise in May, 2023 that starts in Cape Liberty and stops in Martha’s Vineyard, Newport RI, Charleston and goes to BERMUDA on Day 6 of the cruise for 2 days and then back to Cape Liberty.  Wonder if Bermuda will have loosened the requirements by then or else our itinerary will probably undergo a change, too.

4 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

We have a cruise in May, 2023 that starts in Cape Liberty and stops in Martha’s Vineyard, Newport RI, Charleston and goes to BERMUDA on Day 6 of the cruise for 2 days and then back to Cape Liberty.  Wonder if Bermuda will have loosened the requirements by then or else our itinerary will probably undergo a change, too.

taking my inlaws to Bermuda next summer.I HOPE it loosens up by then.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, takemewithyou said:

What they did this summer was change the stops around and put Bermuda after Newport and Charleston on day 6. The problem with that is because there were other ships there on day 3 they had to tender in Bermuda. That is a cluster f. You can tell from that Celebrity does not really care about passengers. Hopefully Bermuda will have changed their requirements by May.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

With so many cruises abandoning testing requirements there are many of us still scheduled to go to Bermuda who hope we get to drop our proctored testing requirements too or alternatively hope Celebrity switches rhe port. 
It’s not about us or them. It’s about the wish to go on a normal vacation again without strict rules. That’s all. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

With so many cruises abandoning testing requirements there are many of us still scheduled to go to Bermuda who hope we get to drop our proctored testing requirements too or alternatively hope Celebrity switches rhe port. 
It’s not about us or them. It’s about the wish to go on a normal vacation again without strict rules. That’s all. 

You booked the cruise with those requirements. If you wish to go on a normal vacation you should have waited. I love Bermuda. Been going every year. Sometimes twice a year.  I did not book a Bermuda sailing this year. You did not have to either. I know that repo cruise was probably a good deal. I did a similiar one on Summit from Bayonne to San Juan. Bermuda, Charleston, Miami, Aruba and Curaçao. The price was so low and great itinerary.  You had a choice so it is what it is. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You booked the cruise with those requirements. If you wish to go on a normal vacation you should have waited. I love Bermuda. Been going every year. Sometimes twice a year.  I did not book a Bermuda sailing this year. You did not have to either. I know that repo cruise was probably a good deal. I did a similiar one on Summit from Bayonne to San Juan. Bermuda, Charleston, Miami, Aruba and Curaçao. The price was so low and great itinerary.  You had a choice so it is what it is. 

I also booked with crappy internet but now I have StarLink.
I booked with personal retreat hosts. Now they’re called Butlers again.  
I booked with mask mandates. Now they’re gone. 
I booked an IV. Now im in an S1 sky suite. 

Things change in a year. They always do. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

The Passenger Vessels Services Act (the cruise ship version of the Jones Act) requires a foreign port stop for a non-US cruise ship embarking & disembarking from the US.  Assuming your ship is registered outside the US (almost all are), the Bermuda stop meets that requirement... and not sure there would be a viable foreign port alternative.

22 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

From looking at the cruises from Cape Liberty this past year, they ended up shifting itineraries based on Bermuda's requirements.   They were shifting to visit Bermuda first and putting the New England stops at the end of the cruise. 

Hopefully as time goes on Bermuda will feel safe to adjust its requirements. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, colliercruiser said:

The Passenger Vessels Services Act (the cruise ship version of the Jones Act) requires a foreign port stop for a non-US cruise ship embarking & disembarking from the US.  Assuming your ship is registered outside the US (almost all are), the Bermuda stop meets that requirement... and not sure there would be a viable foreign port alternative.

There are also stops in Curacao and Aruba that should qualify as distant non - US ports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1