Is your past-FP cruise waitlisted/sold out?

PhD-iva

Today I made my specialty restaurant reservations for my 3 November 2022 cruise on Mariner from Los Angeles to Lima Peru. I’m very excited.
It looks like many of the state room categories on my sailing still have a lot of availability, and I certainly had no problem finding a convenient time and date for my specialty reservations. I’m wondering if my cruise will be sparsely populated.

What about your upcoming cruise? Are a lot of Regent’s itineraries embarking over the next few months sold out/waitlisted?

To get a bit off rhe topic (but not entirely) in 2017 we cruised the Mariner from Tahiti to some of the Society Islands, to Pitcairn Island (if seas were no to rough, which they were) to Easter Island, to Lima Peru. It was the best cruise in the large number we have taken. I have searched for a repeat of it, but some how haven’t found it. Did you find it and are you booked on it? Give ne some info and we may join you! 

1 hour ago, Dolebludger said:

To get a bit off rhe topic (but not entirely) in 2017 we cruised the Mariner from Tahiti to some of the Society Islands, to Pitcairn Island (if seas were no to rough, which they were) to Easter Island, to Lima Peru. It was the best cruise in the large number we have taken. I have searched for a repeat of it, but some how haven’t found it. Did you find it and are you booked on it? Give ne some info and we may join you! 

That would be fabulous if you could join me. Let’s see if I can paste in a link to the itinerary. Let me know if you have any questions!

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/MAR221103/summary 

Hey, thanks, but the itinerary you posted doesn’t seem to be what I was looking for.,the one I waned started with a flight from LA to Tahiti. Then cruised around r]the Society Islands. Then headed to Pitcarin  island, and to Easter Island, then to Lima Peru for a flight back to the US. 

Our cruise on explore (grand cruise) departing from Istanbul has been basically sold out for over 2 years, with only a couple of concierge our lower popping up for grabs only very occasionally. Even the 4 cruises that make up the sections of the grand cruise has been pretty much sold out for most the time they been on sale.

1 hour ago, Dolebludger said:

Hey, thanks, but the itinerary you posted doesn’t seem to be what I was looking for.,the one I waned started with a flight from LA to Tahiti. Then cruised around r]the Society Islands. Then headed to Pitcarin  island, and to Easter Island, then to Lima Peru for a flight back to the US. 

Rich, the closest cruise I know of to the cruise you described is a Silversea expedition cruise in October 2024 on the Silver Cloud. The 23 day itinerary is from Tahiti to Valparaiso Chile. It includes overnights at Pitcarin Island and Easter Island. Take a look and see what you think. (https://www.silversea.com/destinations/cruises-south-pacific-islands/papeete-tahiti-to-valparaiso-e4241015023.html)

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

We also did a cruise on Oceania that started in Tahiti and visited Pitcairn and Easter Island before ending in Lima.   I do not recommend Oceania for various reasons but we did do this trip with them a few years ago.

@PhD-ivaOur October 3rd cruise on the Mariner (sailing 12 days return out of LA) has been sold out for weeks now.  The one following is almost sold out.  I think with yours being a repositioning cruise it is less popular because the flights become more challenging.  Although that wouldn’t deter me.  Wish we could join you.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I apologize for derailing this thread. I thought “FP” on the OP meany French Polynesia. Thanks for the suggestions. From what I read about expedition cruises, we are too old for them. If anyone cares, here is the itinerary summary of our March 2017 Mariner cruise.

Flew from LAX to Tahiti. Cruise some of the Society Islands. Sailed to Pitcairn (couldn’t tender to shore due to rough waters). Sailed to Easter Island (great time on shore). Sailed to Lima and disembarked. It was a 10 nighter or so. We’ve been on more cruises than I can count before the pandemic, and this was our favorite. 

Been looking for that itinerary since then. Can’t find. We aren’t in any hurry because we are deterred by the mess with the airlines.

Thanks