Current Boarding Policy

pinotlover

This question is for those that are just now doing their pre board check in documents. What happened months ago doesn’t matter.

Is Oceania still utilizing a first come first reservations system for obtaining Embarkment times; or are Embarkment times once again set by cabin class?

Just now, pinotlover said:

This question is for those that are just now doing their pre board check in documents. What happened months ago doesn’t matter.

Is Oceania still utilizing a first come first reservations system for obtaining Embarkment times; or are Embarkment times once again set by cabin class?

We just completed the online check in for 09SEP Regatta and all check in times were available to us in an A1 so times not set by cabin class.  Cabin availability is still by cabin class.

• Thanks 1

I just completed our online check-in this past Saturday for our upcoming cruise on September 10th.

Times beginning at 11:00 AM were available in half hour increments. We are in an A1 Concierge cabin.

• Like 1

Thank you All. With completely full ships coming, it’s interesting that Oceania has opted to not give its upper cabins first choice on boarding times. That is after all what every sales catalog they send out lists as a benefit of paying for higher cabin classes.

If one was in a Vista suite, and other wise en disposed, and couldn’t check in immediately, even those with inside cabins would have first choice ahead of you. Hmmm? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, basor said:

Since no one with a Vista Suite has replied, perhaps they reserve boarding slots at all times for those in upper Suites so they do indeed have their choice of boarding time.

Perhaps, but you also have the issue with all the PHers and Concierge Class passengers that , in the past, had higher boarding priority. They can’t all have secretly reserved 11:00 slots. 🥴

9 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Perhaps, but you also have the issue with all the PHers and Concierge Class passengers that , in the past, had higher boarding priority. They can’t all have secretly reserved 11:00 slots. 🥴

We are in an A1 and able to book any time we wanted but did go online the morning it opened.   

Question:  We are touring the day we embark.  When we do our online check-in on Aug 27, do you think O cares if we arrive at 3 pm or 4pm?  Because really I don't think they do, and I don't know exactly when we will reach the ship that afternoon. 

(and i'm pretty sure I'm overthinking this, which I tend to do when the cruise gets close and I'm trying to get everything done for shutting the farm down for 2 months.  The minutia seems like it's eating me alive.  And yeah, I know... poor me, 1st world problems)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Question:  We are touring the day we embark.  When we do our online check-in on Aug 27, do you think O cares if we arrive at 3 pm or 4pm?  Because really I don't think they do, and I don't know exactly when we will reach the ship that afternoon. 

(and i'm pretty sure I'm overthinking this, which I tend to do when the cruise gets close and I'm trying to get everything done for shutting the farm down for 2 months.  The minutia seems like it's eating me alive.  And yeah, I know... poor me, 1st world problems)

You just choose the latest check in time that shows up when you do online check in-  all depends upon when your ship departure time is (must be onboard at least 1 hour before departure -perhaps more at embarkation).

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

Some embarkation ports required all PAX to be ONBOARD  90 mins prior  to sailing or you may find yourself  waving to the ship as she pulls away

I would check what the latest time they will allow you to board & leave some time to get checked in

JMO

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

That is after all what every sales catalog they send out lists as a benefit of paying for higher cabin classes.

I thought that was more about what time the cabin is available as opposed to when you can check in. I think upper suites have Priority Terminal Check in automatically, on did in the past. 

Sigh.  I clearly did not give enough detail, so here it is:  Departure is 6pm.  I have no  idea if we will ariive at 3pm or 4pm.  My inclination is to say 3pm, and no one is going to yell at us if we don't make it till 4pm. So that's what I'm going to do.  Should not have brought this up.  Bad Kate.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Sigh.  I clearly did not give enough detail, so here it is:  Departure is 6pm.  I have no  idea if we will ariive at 3pm or 4pm.  My inclination is to say 3pm, and no one is going to yell at us if we don't make it till 4pm. So that's what I'm going to do.  Should not have brought this up.  Bad Kate.

LOL

maybe compromise  at 3:30pm 😉

At that time of day most will be onboard anyway 

Just be there before 4:30pm  just in case

On 8/23/2022 at 3:33 AM, pinotlover said:

Just completed our upcoming Riviera cruise on line check in. You just choose a slot from 11am regardless of cabin class. It's to make embarkation less crowded .

• Like 1