Cruiser Intelligence Quotient Test

20 hours ago, Vertigo127 said:

Yellow line on pier= don’t cross it. Get out of the way of the shuttles (I think one honk and accelerate should be acceptable).

I am most bothered by any person that mistreats the staff- they did not cause your problem and are not paid enough to take your verbal assaults. First timer or pinnacle, interior or suite, 20 or 80- doesn’t matter… the world does not owe you perfection. The young person working that desk from war torn Ukraine, that sweet guy that is missing his family from the Philippines serving you, and that awesome Grandma from the Bahamas that is working to send money home for their grandkids’ school uniforms are ALL on your side- they want you to be happy! Treat them with kindness and respect!

Nicely said; totally agree!!! 👍🏻👏🏻

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 11:02 PM, gmerick said:

The test should be for compassion, understanding, patience, kindness, tenderheartedness, .... basically love for mankind.  Yes there are a whole world of folks that I wouldn't share a night sky with, but why let them intrude on my evening.  I absolutely refuse to lose my peace over what my neighbor is doing.  I have a hard enough time with wishing I were a better person. 

Sounds like Royal needs to add a courteous video to their Muster drill at the start of each cruise. Something like this perhaps.🙂

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

What about not coming into the sauna/steam room in one's clothes and shows (especially after being in the gym) or putting dirty towel on the hot stone rack and leaving the sauna, so other "enjoy" the aroma coming from it?  I know, it's a minority who love sauna; however, it's so terrible for those who actually spent there at least half an hour every day (like us).

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, kirtihk said:

What about not coming into the sauna/steam room in one's clothes and shows (especially after being in the gym) or putting dirty towel on the hot stone rack and leaving the sauna, so other "enjoy" the aroma coming from it?  I know, it's a minority who love sauna; however, it's so terrible for those who actually spent there at least half an hour every day (like us).

True story. Was in a sauna on Harmony a few years ago and a there was a "gentleman" who thought that was the ideal place to call his airline/hotel/travel agent/someone or other to whine about something. He was on his bluetooth earpiece and had his cell in his hands and he was very loud about wanting to keep going higher up for a resolution. Went on and on and on and  at one point he tried to rope me in by trying to explain why he's in the right in his complaint but I just gave him a look and shook my head and went on ignoring him. Of course he didn't get the hint and continued his call and was still on it when I left. Some people just don't get it and never will.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

True story. Was in a sauna on Harmony a few years ago and a there was a "gentleman" who thought that was the ideal place to call his airline/hotel/travel agent/someone or other to whine about something. He was on his bluetooth earpiece and had his cell in his hands and he was very loud about wanting to keep going higher up for a resolution. Went on and on and on and  at one point he tried to rope me in by trying to explain why he's in the right in his complaint but I just gave him a look and shook my head and went on ignoring him. Of course he didn't get the hint and continued his call and was still on it when I left. Some people just don't get it and never will.

It seems it was a long phone call.  I wonder how he survived in a hot sauna that long.  I guess importance (to him) of his call dismissed his body's suffering so to speak.

It was a typo in my post: it should be "shoes", not "shows"

53 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Knowing myself, I would have said something to him.  😤

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, homedepot124 said:

I had a man on a scooter run over my foot while trying to get his scooter on an elevator already full of people.  Didn't faze him a bit.  He kept right on trying to get that scooter onto the elevator. 

That happened to me too .Then he said I should move back.There was absolutely no room to move.

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

That happened to me too .Then he said I should move back.There was absolutely no room to move.

From the number of posts on this thread it looks like lots of posters have had issues with bad or aggressive driving cruisers using mobility scooters. 

Should Royal and the other cruise lines just ban them? Hoverboards are on the Prohibited Items list on Royal, why not powered mobility scooters too?

4 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

From the number of posts on this thread it looks like lots of posters have had issues with bad or aggressive driving cruisers using mobility scooters. 

Should Royal and the other cruise lines just ban them? Hoverboards are on the Prohibited Items list on Royal, why not powered mobility scooters too?

Because some people actually need mobility scooters because they cannot walk any distance.  A trip form the stateroom to the MDR would not be possible without some sort of mobility assistance.  I think the problem is that most of those scooters are rented and the drivers are unfamiliar with them.  They may use one at home, but the rental units may drive differently.  Also, it is not as easy to stop a scooter as it is your body.  If I'm stepping into an elevator and realize someone is popping out from around the corner, I can instantly stop and backup.  Doing that in a scooter is a multi-step operation and not fast at all.  I'm not defending the rude and careless scooter drivers, but I do know that even the best people sometimes have problems driving them.

6 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I would never use a scooter because I fear that I would step on someone.

I currently have a 7 wheel Walker but I have yet to be on a cruise with it.

8 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

I didn't have problems with scooters on my recent cruise, but always had issues with the scooter drivers at Barbie Conventions.  

I didn't read all the posts in here.  So, excuse me if this has has been mentioned.  

People who come out of the theatre and other venues of mass gatherings, that just stop just outside the exit doors to talk and visit with each other, completely blocking the pathway for others to exit.

AND, I know this will trigger some in here BUT, those in/on mobility scoters that park in the middle of the thruways to look a things or to adjust something or just to talk to others.

OH, and those people that feel that they need to yell out every sentence coming out of their mouth to someone standing/sitting right next to them.  Sometimes with chewed up food (peanuts) spewing out of their mouths.  

Come on people, how about a little situational awareness!  

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

People who come out of the theatre and other venues of mass gatherings, that just stop just outside the exit doors to talk and visit with each other, completely blocking the pathway for others to exit.

AND, I know this will trigger some in here BUT, those in/on mobility scoters that park in the middle of the thruways to look a things or to adjust something or just to talk to others.

This is literally like every other shopper in a Costco. 

• Haha 2

On the transatlantic cruise on Wonder earlier this year there was was particular "lady" who was the loudest and most obnoxious person I have ever encountered on a cruise. She also happened to travel the ship on a mobility scooter.

Like us, she hailed from the UK, albeit a different part and like us she enjoyed doing the morning and early evening trivia quiz. Everyday she was there with her hen pecked husband who just did as she instructed and was writing down her answers whilst she was busy on google trying to get the answers. She was obviously not fast enough with her fingers as she kept on telling the quiz master to slow down and even then, she still got some answers wrong. She also got upset when there were any USA based/themed questions in any quiz and as she ofter shouted out "how am I meant to know the answer to this question".

She took things far too seriously and certainly put people off attending but one fellow Brit got a round of applause from the other contestants when, after another one of her complaints, said "please do us all a favour and shut up". I really hope she is not on our Anthem transatlantic cruise this October 😎

On 8/31/2022 at 3:39 AM, Digjharper said:

On the transatlantic cruise on Wonder earlier this year there was was particular "lady" who was the loudest and most obnoxious person I have ever encountered on a cruise. She also happened to travel the ship on a mobility scooter.

Like us, she hailed from the UK, albeit a different part and like us she enjoyed doing the morning and early evening trivia quiz. Everyday she was there with her hen pecked husband who just did as she instructed and was writing down her answers whilst she was busy on google trying to get the answers. She was obviously not fast enough with her fingers as she kept on telling the quiz master to slow down and even then, she still got some answers wrong. She also got upset when there were any USA based/themed questions in any quiz and as she ofter shouted out "how am I meant to know the answer to this question".

She took things far too seriously and certainly put people off attending but one fellow Brit got a round of applause from the other contestants when, after another one of her complaints, said "please do us all a favour and shut up". I really hope she is not on our Anthem transatlantic cruise this October 😎

Sounds like my SIL. 🤔 And I think she is planning another transatlantic cruise later this year. But what are the chances she is the one? Hmmmm????? 😉