Cruiser Intelligence Quotient Test

18 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Darn that Betty White. I never liked her. 

70s and 80s boombox enthusiast - Home | Facebook

Ha! None of us were Kool as Betty but did have a Black Boom Box like her's. Took it to School where we'd listen to it(loud) while Playing Euchre during Study Hall...

8 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

They should do the same thing in San Juan, one of the few Caribbean ports that makes good on its threat to want a photo ID.

I was going to add:  In San Juan, we received no such consideration.  (but maybe, just maybe, I hipchecked my way to the front...............)

6 hours ago, dunedinmaiden said:

OMG -- how true!  I had to scold a man who practically knocked me over trying to storm on to a full elevator.  I said, "Didn't your mother teach you the etiquette of letting people exit first".

Waaaaay too many words/syllables.

"LET THEM OFF FIRST!!!!!"

(said in my best teacher voice)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

What words?

I find my NYC subway trained elbow effective for knocking back the Bozos forcing their way onto the elevator when I am exiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

7 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

What words?

I find my NYC subway trained elbow effective for knocking back the Bozos forcing their way onto the elevator when I am exiting.

I've been warned by my university ( once or twice 🙂) to not elbow the students crowding the hallways so they kinda broke me of that habit. I do use my 'teacher voice' like @Merion_Mom but I would use a couple more syllables; "LET THEM OFF FIRST F*** FACE!!!!!" 

And yes, the university is sending me to yet another sensitivity and inclusion workshop in early September. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Ha! None of us were Kool as Betty but did have a Black Boom Box like her's. Took it to School where we'd listen to it(loud) while Playing Euchre during Study Hall...

Euchre in Study Hall? Man, your'e dating yourself. That's what we did and I'm OLD! OK, my mind is young at heart but the rest of me is really, really OLD! Heck I've even Googling scooters today to take on my next Royal cruise. Don't worry, I'll take a Royal scooter driving test beforehand and buy a very LOUD speaker . 📢 "GET OUT of MY Way ... !" 😁

• Haha 3

The test should be for compassion, understanding, patience, kindness, tenderheartedness, .... basically love for mankind.  Yes there are a whole world of folks that I wouldn't share a night sky with, but why let them intrude on my evening.  I absolutely refuse to lose my peace over what my neighbor is doing.  I have a hard enough time with wishing I were a better person. 

On 8/23/2022 at 6:46 PM, homedepot124 said:

Teaching people how to drive their scooters.

I was narrowly missed by a lady on a scooter.  Saved by a pole near the Windjammer.  Unfortunately, the lady beside me wasn't so lucky.  Got in the elevator with her after getting hit, but not harmed, and she was super mad!  I had seen the lady on the scooter on the ship in another place and saw she had no business on one.  She would get mixed up with the brake and the accelerator. 🙄

On 8/24/2022 at 1:46 AM, homedepot124 said:

Teaching people how to drive their scooters.

OMG on one cruise there was an emergency call just as we were headed to dinner. The locations was the staircase we were headed to to get to the dining room. Someone had gone down the stairs in their scooter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Belgian fry said:

OMG on one cruise there was an emergency call just as we were headed to dinner. The locations was the staircase we were headed to to get to the dining room. Someone had gone down the stairs in their scooter!

Drinking and driving never mix! 🙂

image.jpeg.e6504406aa4692f95b858d159aa1e4cc.jpeg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I'm another one for those chair hogs that put a towel and a book down at 6am but don't show up until 12:30pm.  It seems to be getting worse lately and certainly not better.

The scooter problem seems to be getting worse too. Any connection here?🤔 I wonder if it's those  temerarious scooter daredevil drivers that are also the chair hogs? Hey, they think they own everywhere else on the ship why not the Lido deck too. 🤔🤔

😁

... and the loud music playing is getting worse too.... 🤔 Do those scooters have speakers?

Edited by DirtyDawg

Yellow line on pier= don’t cross it. Get out of the way of the shuttles (I think one honk and accelerate should be acceptable).

I am most bothered by any person that mistreats the staff- they did not cause your problem and are not paid enough to take your verbal assaults. First timer or pinnacle, interior or suite, 20 or 80- doesn’t matter… the world does not owe you perfection. The young person working that desk from war torn Ukraine, that sweet guy that is missing his family from the Philippines serving you, and that awesome Grandma from the Bahamas that is working to send money home for their grandkids’ school uniforms are ALL on your side- they want you to be happy! Treat them with kindness and respect!

Edited by Vertigo127
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

On 8/23/2022 at 6:26 PM, DirtyDawg said:

It's the latter. 😁

One thing I missed was Royal could also test to make sure cruisers knew about not smoking anything on the balconies. Cruisers can eat smoked salmon on the balconies but smoking the salmon on the balconies in definitely a no-no! 🙂

How about smoking inside everywhere?  The vaping folks are all over the place smoking.  Promenade?  Why not.  Shows?   Sure, who is gonna stop me.  As if they don’t think others know they are doing it, but staff are clearly to conflict adverse to confront them.   Last several cruises had several times where they blow their huge cloud of unregulated who knows what toxins right in might young kids faces.  It’s beyond absurd and no one knows how unhealthy that stuff is.  It’s bad enough they can’t stop poisoning themselves, but that is their right and choice.   Don’t blow that crap on me or my kids however.   

Sadly, this isn’t just a cruise thing.  But elsewhere they are probably less inclined to break rules for fear of potential penalties.  They don’t seem to care at all on Royal.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, denamo said:

I was narrowly missed by a lady on a scooter.  Saved by a pole near the Windjammer.  Unfortunately, the lady beside me wasn't so lucky.  Got in the elevator with her after getting hit, but not harmed, and she was super mad!  I had seen the lady on the scooter on the ship in another place and saw she had no business on one.  She would get mixed up with the brake and the accelerator. 🙄

This is what happens when people rent them on cruises, but don’t use them for everyday life at home.  At some point regulation will be needed because so many people will be using them.  And I’m not just talking about cruises.  Just like big cities had to regulate hover boards.  Too dangerous for the dominant majority getting around on foot.  

On 8/23/2022 at 6:26 PM, DirtyDawg said:

One thing I missed was Royal could also test to make sure cruisers knew about not smoking anything on the balconies. Cruisers can eat smoked salmon on the balconies but smoking the salmon on the balconies in definitely a no-no! 🙂

If that is a euphemism, then it should be allowable.

Maybe just not in ports or daylight hours.  Might be another reason to keep the balcony lights off at night. 🤪

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If that is a euphemism, then it should be allowable.

Maybe just not in ports or daylight hours.  Might be another reason to keep the balcony lights off at night. 🤪

It's funny, Mrs Dawg does not like fish but she does like smoking the salmon with our pool boy on a regular basis. What a sweetheart 🥰, all that hard work, and she gives all that smoked salmon away to his invalid mother. Her kindness is so overwhelming I don't mind having to buy my own for my morning bagel. 😇

So no, it's definitely not a euphemism.  🤔

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Vertigo127 said:

Yellow line on pier= don’t cross it. Get out of the way of the shuttles (I think one honk and accelerate should be acceptable).

I am most bothered by any person that mistreats the staff- they did not cause your problem and are not paid enough to take your verbal assaults. First timer or pinnacle, interior or suite, 20 or 80- doesn’t matter… the world does not owe you perfection. The young person working that desk from war torn Ukraine, that sweet guy that is missing his family from the Philippines serving you, and that awesome Grandma from the Bahamas that is working to send money home for their grandkids’ school uniforms are ALL on your side- they want you to be happy! Treat them with kindness and respect!

THAT!  Thank you.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 7:52 PM, DirtyDawg said:

WOW, I've never run into that issue on Royal before...

Or should I say that issue has never run into me on Royal before. 😁

Details, we need more details!

Seriously 🤔