Recommendation for Taxi/Limo from Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to out of town.

Glebey

Hi, I am new to this forum but but not new to cruising, we are experienced with 14 cruises in our lifetime, we are sailing transatlantic to New York on the Queen Mary and we are staying in New Jersey for 4 weeks before we return on the Queen Mary to Southampton
MY question is...has anyone a recommendation for a reliable Taxi/Limo company to pick up at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal take us to Denville, New Jersey, distance approx 40 miles. 
Many thanks in advance

Edited by Glebey

4 hours ago, Glebey said:

has anyone a recommendation for a reliable Taxi/Limo company to pick up at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal take us to Denville, New Jersey, distance approx 40 miles. 
Many thanks in advance

When we used to live in that area of New Jersey I used a great local company called New Road Limo-- they are at (973) 376-4694. I have not used them since 2019 so not sure if they made it through the pandemic or not but all of their cars were always brand new and immaculate. 

9 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

When we used to live in that area of New Jersey I used a great local company called New Road Limo-- they are at (973) 376-4694. I have not used them since 2019 so not sure if they made it through the pandemic or not but all of their cars were always brand new and immaculate. 

Thankyou, I will check them out

On 8/25/2022 at 6:38 PM, trueeden said:

Another local NJ option. I've used them multiple times into NYC or the airports.

My Limo

973-929-5466

Thank you.  We're looking for a limo service from Elizabeth to the Port of Bayonne and return to the hotel.  We don't want to take the shuttle service from the hotel.  Had bad experience there last time and had to wait over an hour to be picked up so not doing that again.  I think the last time we used a lime it was the Black Limo service and they were OK.

Carmel and Dial 7 are recommended car services in the Metropolitan New York area. A good New Jersey company I personally use is Garden State Limo. They transport my family from Northern New Jersey to Newark International Airport all the time.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 4:32 PM, torpeedo said:

Thank you.  We're looking for a limo service from Elizabeth to the Port of Bayonne and return to the hotel.  We don't want to take the shuttle service from the hotel.  Had bad experience there last time and had to wait over an hour to be picked up so not doing that again.  I think the last time we used a lime it was the Black Limo service and they were OK.

It has regularly occurred to me that free shuttle services from hotels are not worth their cost.  You usually have to wait until the vehicle shows up, then you have to wait until it fills up, then you have the crowded ride to the port.   If there is any sort of reasonably priced alternative I prefer it.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

It has regularly occurred to me that free shuttle services from hotels are not worth their cost.  You usually have to wait until the vehicle shows up, then you have to wait until it fills up, then you have the crowded ride to the port.   If there is any sort of reasonably priced alternative I prefer it.

Agree with you.  Last time we did it was June and we had to wait over an hour for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel.  We were not the only ones either.  Some had planes to catch also.  I looked up some of those car options and it looks like it's $200 each way. Last time we used the limo service it was $50 each way so times have changed I guess.   We decided to take the hotel van over and then cab it back to the hotel.  Going there isn't so bad, it's the return pick up that was the worst.  Believe me I raised hell with the hotel and the service.  Hotel said they have nothing to do with the transportation.  They take the money so they should expect their customers to have some kind of good service.  The transportation people said they had traffic??!  Really,  I would think you would know that since you do the transportation every day and know there are people waiting.  So I hope the plan works with the taxi but we have a lot of luggage and a walker so it has to be big!

On 9/4/2022 at 2:00 PM, navybankerteacher said:

I agree. And in a port with many ships, like Fort Lauderdale, you could have a long ride all around the port if your ship is the last stop. 

On 9/4/2022 at 3:12 PM, torpeedo said:

Agree with you.  Last time we did it was June and we had to wait over an hour for the shuttle to take us back to the hotel.  We were not the only ones either.  Some had planes to catch also.  I looked up some of those car options and it looks like it's $200 each way. Last time we used the limo service it was $50 each way so times have changed I guess.   We decided to take the hotel van over and then cab it back to the hotel.  Going there isn't so bad, it's the return pick up that was the worst.  Believe me I raised hell with the hotel and the service.  Hotel said they have nothing to do with the transportation.  They take the money so they should expect their customers to have some kind of good service.  The transportation people said they had traffic??!  Really,  I would think you would know that since you do the transportation every day and know there are people waiting.  So I hope the plan works with the taxi but we have a lot of luggage and a walker so it has to be big!

To be fair, we can have pretty bad traffic here due to accidents, right now I’m hearing a few helicopters which means there is probably an accident on a nearby highway. I check Waze regardless of the day or time.