Live Reports - Cruising on Coral Princess September 2022.

Just now, arxcards said:

If they charged $2 for fresh orange juice to anyone on the package, they would drop the demand in half (at least) in the same way most people won't pay $2 extra for an $18 cocktail

I just bought a 2 litre Nudie FRESH OJ at Coles for $6.40.   And Princess is charging $7.50 a glass? ye gods !!

Just now, NSWP said:

I just bought a 2 litre Nudie FRESH OJ at Coles for $6.40.   And Princess is charging $7.50 a glass? ye gods !!

Yep, it would give you the pips 😂

Expensive because Julio is below deck squeezing them with his bare hands. I gather they have the little machine where you drop an orange in the top, and you see it juicing through the clear window on the front of the machine - Royal has something like that, and also ridiculously priced.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:
1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Good Spirits Bar is great, they make a jubbly Brandy Alexander, my favourite,  had a few of those, lol.  The barman is a real character tossing the cocktails etc.🍸

He is indeed and the waiters there are excellent. It's our favourite pre-dinner bar, and sometimes after dinner if we just want a quiet nightcap without entertainment.

What other bars on Coral P would experienced cruisers recommend?  Prefer the quieter ones.

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

What other bars on Coral P would experienced cruisers recommend?  Prefer the quieter ones.

It depends on the time of day. Some bars are quiet during the day - The Wheelhouse usually is even though it's popular as it now has an espresso machine. Crooners is also OK in the day but doesn't serve coffees. The Good Spirits Bar is quieter after dinner as the entertainment is at Crooners then. The Explorers Bar usually has trivia and game shows in the evenings.

There are other quiet spots around the ship including the Library and through the Medallion app you can get drinks delivered there I think.

20 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have a door slammer next to our cabin. Not only do they slam the door when they close it, they also slam it hard against the stop when they open it so it shakes the whole wall. 🤬

thats no good!!!!

34 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There are other quiet spots around the ship including the Library

I found the most comfortable armchairs here. The ones near the windows are great for putting the feet up and they have a wonderful view!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We have a door slammer next to our cabin. Not only do they slam the door when they close it, they also slam it hard against the stop when they open it so it shakes the whole wall. 🤬

Give 'em a phone call.👹

2 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

As far as I could tell, the theatre and dining rooms were the only places without medallion app order/delivery. Perhaps the buffet too?? The dining room still had their usual table service for drinks, and we have now learned to get our drinks before going into the theatre.

I have been a Crooners fan for as long as I have been a Princess fan. The area is a bit small though, and is full when there is a pianist on duty. The ex-Churchills is nearby to order the Crooners menu via medallion, and quieter than quiet.

Spent an "enchanted" evening sampling every bourbon they had at the Explorers Lounge, and tried to help some friends with some trivia answers along the way. Good Spirits will get a lot more attention on our next one. For some reason, I have never been a big Wheelhouse fan going back to the Sun class ships. Don't know why, as they are nice enough spaces.

37 minutes ago, arxcards said:

The ex-Churchills is nearby to order the Crooners menu via medallion, and quieter than quiet.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try them all.  What is the "ex-Churchills" now?  Sounds like what the locals here say when giving confusing directions to visitors ".....You turn left where the post office used to be....."

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, cruiser3775 said:

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will try them all.  What is the "ex-Churchills" now?  Sounds like what the locals here say when giving confusing directions to visitors ".....You turn left where the post office used to be....."

It is still Churchills, which was the cigar bar prior to coming out here. It is sealed off from the main part of the atrium, but still exists - empty of pretty much everything except some comfy chairs and a view onto the promenade deck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That is my pet hate door slammers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

For some reason, I have never been a big Wheelhouse fan going back to the Sun class ships. Don't know why, as they are nice enough spaces.

The Wheelhouse on Coral is a lot lighter and brighter than on the Sun Class ships. It's a nice space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Wheelhouse on Coral is a lot lighter and brighter than on the Sun Class ships. It's a nice space.

Yeah, looks nice enough. We just found our self walking through each time. We are doing a sensible bar crawl on our next night aboard, so will try again then.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, arxcards said:

It is still Churchills, which was the cigar bar prior to coming out here. It is sealed off from the main part of the atrium, but still exists - empty of pretty much everything except some comfy chairs and a view onto the promenade deck.

Keep it a secret Geoffrey.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 2

Can I just confirm for boarding Coral Princess in regards to Covid tests, you just need a negative RATS within 24hrs (or PCR 72hrs).  It doesn’t need to be dated or timed? (unlike Carnival Aust - there in no mention of date/time that I can see in the t&cs for Princess Aust). So just a photo of the negative RATS taken on the phone is sufficient? Thanks.  

• Like 1

The Captain has just announced there will be another medi-vac this afternoon. The helicopter is expected to arrive in zbout an hour.

The Captain also had some very stern words to say to those who disobeyed orders and went out on their balconies during the last medi-vac despite being told not to do that. Hopefully those people will listen this time!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The Captain has just announced there will be another medi-vac this afternoon. The helicopter is expected to arrive in zbout an hour.

The Captain also had some very stern words to say to those who disobeyed orders and went out on their balconies during the last medi-vac despite being told not to do that. Hopefully those people will listen this time!

Wow. So everyone has to stay indoors? I e never seen a medical so wouldn’t know protocol. Do they announce it’s happening and tell you to remain in cabin?

hope the person is okay 🙏🏻

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Wow. So everyone has to stay indoors? I e never seen a medical so wouldn’t know protocol. Do they announce it’s happening and tell you to remain in cabin?

hope the person is okay 🙏🏻

I guess the Captain was clear with his orders!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Can I just confirm for boarding Coral Princess in regards to Covid tests, you just need a negative RATS within 24hrs (or PCR 72hrs).  It doesn’t need to be dated or timed? (unlike Carnival Aust - there in no mention of date/time that I can see in the t&cs for Princess Aust). So just a photo of the negative RATS taken on the phone is sufficient? Thanks.  

Thats my understanding. The other day I read somewhere that we were to take a photo with date and time but cannot find it on this page now. Im actually just going to go into my own summary etc and double check.