NCL Steals and Deals

graphicguy

Can you tell me what a "NCL PCC" is and how do i find the one Sailing12away uses? 

When our Alaska cruise dropped  $600 after FP my contact person at NCL could do nothing, no OBC or anything. It would be nice to actually have someone who goes above and beyond to help.

2 minutes ago, Terrab said:

Can you tell me what a "NCL PCC" is and how do i find the one Sailing12away uses? 

PCC is Personal Cruise Consultant.  If you have someone at NCL with which you always make contact to book, that is your PCC.  Unless you have a serious, demonstrable, problem with them you might have trouble changing to another PCC.  You'd need to make contact with the other poster outside of CC as CC does not permit people to exchange such information on the forums.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Terrab said:

When our Alaska cruise dropped  $600 after FP my contact person at NCL could do nothing, no OBC or anything. It would be nice to actually have someone who goes above and beyond to help.

I recently dumped my pcc because he didn't call back and always had a lot of excuses, always needed to get a supervisor on the call yadda yadda.  But I also know that it isn't up to the pcc to give you FCC either. They can only put in a request for FCC if your reservation meets all the conditions - most do not.

• Like 1

Looking at the Getaway to New England/Canada for October 30th sailing.  I love the last week of the season for Alaska sailings and always find good deals.

Looks like it's the same for New England and Canada as Oct sailings are the last of the season.  As such, good deals abound.

I can get a Club Balcony Suite, all the "perks" for around $1,000.  I have about $500 FCC left from the COVID cancellations.  So, that will make the cruise about $500 (as a solo).  Plus, AMEX is giving me $200 OBC.  TA is giving me $100 OBC.  NCL is giving me $75 OBC.

Cheap cruise in a nice cabin on a nice ship.  Waiting to hear from my TA as to final numbers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Looking at the Getaway to New England/Canada for October 30th sailing.  I love the last week of the season for Alaska sailings and always find good deals.

Looks like it's the same for New England and Canada as Oct sailings are the last of the season.  As such, good deals abound.

I can get a Club Balcony Suite, all the "perks" for around $1,000.  I have about $500 FCC left from the COVID cancellations.  So, that will make the cruise about $500 (as a solo).  Plus, AMEX is giving me $200 OBC.  TA is giving me $100 OBC.  NCL is giving me $75 OBC.

Cheap cruise in a nice cabin on a nice ship.  Waiting to hear from my TA as to final numbers.

If only I had more vacation time...this whole working thing gets in the way of my cruising! For that money, I'd go back up to New England/Canada! Plus, I'm sure I'd love the Breakaway since the Getaway is so fantastic.

If you do click "buy" have a lovely time and tell us about it! 

• Like 1

The Getaway? It'll be in the Caribbean then.

Almost forgot, with my Investors OBC credit, I may very well not come out of pocket with the OBC while on board.

Plus, I bought when the share price was ~$11.  It’s trading right now at almost $15/share.  Nice ROI!

Yeah, we bought around $11, and it has the highest percentage gain of anything in our portfolio by a long shot 😆 Of course it all means nothing unless we're selling, but it's still nice to see.

I did convince my brother to buy 100 shares before his August cruise so he'd get OBC, so he bought around $12, then kept complaining to me that I had cost him money because it was down. I told him that it doesn't matter until he sells, and if he keeps cruising with NCL (he's one cruise away from Platinum and has a cruise booked in December) and keeps collecting those OBC until he gets his $1200 back, then it's 100% gain from there. I'm sure he's happy with its current performance, but he stopped complaining, so that's a good sign.

1 hour ago, rbxlady said:

Yeah, we bought around $11, and it has the highest percentage gain of anything in our portfolio by a long shot 😆 Of course it all means nothing unless we're selling, but it's still nice to see.

I did convince my brother to buy 100 shares before his August cruise so he'd get OBC, so he bought around $12, then kept complaining to me that I had cost him money because it was down. I told him that it doesn't matter until he sells, and if he keeps cruising with NCL (he's one cruise away from Platinum and has a cruise booked in December) and keeps collecting those OBC until he gets his $1200 back, then it's 100% gain from there. I'm sure he's happy with its current performance, but he stopped complaining, so that's a good sign.

I collected $100  investor OBC on my July cruise.  And, this one (if I book) will net another $100 OBC in Oct.  

I think it was trading at $14.80 today the last I looked.  I've seen the alleged experts peg it between $16-$26/share in the short term.  So, if things stay the same as today, I'll have nearly a 60% ROI on my NCL stock + OBC ($1,100 investment).  Try getting that anywhere else.

I saw some talk about shorting the stock here on these boards several months ago.  Who in their right mind would short a stock that's selling at its low?  Not very smart.

AS you say, the ROI is well ahead of anything I have in my portfolio, too.  

My TA is off today.  But, I dropped her an email about booking.  She should get back to me by tomorrow.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

If only I had more vacation time...this whole working thing gets in the way of my cruising! For that money, I'd go back up to New England/Canada! Plus, I'm sure I'd love the Breakaway since the Getaway is so fantastic.

If you do click "buy" have a lovely time and tell us about it! 

Wait just a gosh darn minute.  You just got off your ship. 😉

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I collected $100 OBC investor OBC on my July cruise.  And, this one (if I book) will net another $100 OBC in Oct.  

I think it was trading at $14.80 today the last I looked.  I've seen the alleged experts peg it between $16-$26/share in the short term.  So, if things stay the same as today, I'll have nearly a 60% ROI on my NCL stock + OBC ($1,100 investment).  Try getting that anywhere else.

I saw some talk about shorting the stock here on these boards several months ago.  Who in their right mind would short a stock that's selling at its low?  Not very smart.

I've probably collected around $1,000 as OBC since I bought.  Unfortunately, I bought in 2018 at around $50.  But I'll just hang on to it, continue receiving the OBC, and hope that the value will increase by the time I'm too old to sail.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

I've probably collected around $1,000 as OBC since I bought.  Unfortunately, I bought in 2018 at around $50.  But I'll just hang on to it, continue receiving the OBC, and hope that the value will increase by the time I'm too old to sail.

That's still a 20% ROI from just OBCs if you hang on until it hits your buy price.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rbxlady said:

I kept vascilating back and forth.  Finally, this past Spring I just bought 100 shares at $11/per.  So far, while modest, it’s been a great investment for the OBC alone.  That it is returning 25%-30% additional as the share price rises has been a pleasant bonus.

17 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Ridiculous. Basic math tells the story. Short positions won the game. Period. No other way to call it. Since cruising resumed, NCL stock has dropped 45%. Meaning, a nice 45% gain on any short investment made in Spring of 2021 (at today's rate). How can you say that isn't smart? lol

Cruise stock has had a nice comeback since all vaccination requirements have been lifted. However; there are lots of big investors still electing to short this stock in anticipation of Chapter 11. I still believe restructuring is in the cards, but that's irrelevant to this post. You claimed short sellers weren't 'very smart' and I would retort that anytime you can make a 45% gain on an investment in today's market you are doing spectacular. 

image.png.503e1256eb1e5a85da37d821660f4115.png

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 8:27 AM, graphicguy said:

Now that NCL is back to filling their ships, it’s nice to get back to chatting about “other” hot topics.

More fake news. From a TA I trust very much, the breakaway is sailing with 600 passengers next cruise. I'll update when she reports exact figures in a week. So much for 'filling their ships".

Even Frank Del Rio stated it would take until second quarter of 2023 before NCL would see 100% occupancy rates again. You know more than Frank? lol

13 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

More fake news. From a TA I trust very much, the breakaway is sailing with 600 passengers next cruise. I'll update when she reports exact figures in a week. So much for 'filling their ships".

Even Frank Del Rio stated it would take until second quarter of 2023 before NCL would see 100% occupancy rates again. You know more than Frank? lol

When @graphicguy said "filling their ships", I took that to mean that they had removed the capacity caps, not that the ships were actually "filled" at this point. "Filling" means they are working toward a full ship as opposed to saying they had "filled" their ships to capacity. When FDR says that you wouldn't see 100% occupancy rates until second quarter of 2023, this is a clear indication that they are still "filling".

• Like 1

@SeaShark...just looked at the Sept/Oct New England sailings.  I love doing last minute cruises, especially at the end of season (i.e. New England/Canada/Alaska).  They tend to offer good deals because kids are in school, people want to sail in warmer climes vs cooler climes, the ships aren't sailing at absolute capacity (like they were when I sailed this past summer).

Typical, the categories that sell out, are sold out.  Studio cabins (which were priced higher than the Club Balcony I'm looking to book), Haven and Spa Cabins are all sold out.

Really want to get on the Prima, but will probably wait several more months until the demand for that ship dies down a bit.  Right now, those sailings are pretty pricey.

3 hours ago, SeaShark said:

When @graphicguy said "filling their ships", I took that to mean that they had removed the capacity caps, not that the ships were actually "filled" at this point. "Filling" means they are working toward a full ship as opposed to saying they had "filled" their ships to capacity. When FDR says that you wouldn't see 100% occupancy rates until second quarter of 2023, this is a clear indication that they are still "filling".

I can understand where you might come to that conclusion based on this single post, but based on posting history, this particular poster has been claiming that NCL ships are "sailing at capacity" when the facts are that they only sailed at 65% Quarter Two (as evidenced by filing with the United States Securities Exchange commission) and they only managed to get to 85% on one of their more popular ships in July.

No where near full capacity (again this, information is filed with the SEC).  I agree that NCL is working toward filling their ships and they hope to get there by Q223. Even NCL knows that they are no where near occupancy capacity so I'm not sure why anyone would continue to make such misleading statements here on CC. It degrades the value of the forum.

This is from a transcript discussion with FDR:

image.png.70ac6f9245f0dbace49a1f976268f208.png

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2022/08/09/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-nclh-q2-2022-earnin/

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

the ships aren't sailing at absolute capacity (like they were when I sailed this past summer).

False. Ships weren't sailing at 'absolute capacity' this past summer. Read above. FDR said they hoped to get to 80% over the summer. Now, if you are privy to some insider information that contradicts what FDR filed with the SEC please link.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I can understand where you might come to that conclusion based on this single post, but based on posting history, this particular poster has been claiming that NCL ships are "sailing at capacity" when the facts are that they only sailed at 65% Quarter Two (as evidenced by filing with the United States Securities Exchange commission) and they only managed to get to 85% on one of their more popular ships in July.

No where near full capacity (again this, information is filed with the SEC).  I agree that NCL is working toward filling their ships and they hope to get there by Q223. Even NCL knows that they are no where near occupancy capacity so I'm not sure why anyone would continue to make such misleading statements here on CC. It degrades the value of the forum.

This is from a transcript discussion with FDR:

image.png.70ac6f9245f0dbace49a1f976268f208.png

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2022/08/09/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-nclh-q2-2022-earnin/

False. Ships weren't sailing at 'absolute capacity' this past summer. Read above. FDR said they hoped to get to 80% over the summer. Now, if you are privy to some insider information that contradicts what FDR filed with the SEC please link.

So, instead of just responding to what is said in the conversation, you are a) reviewing his posting history, b) reviewing NCL's SEC filings, and c) highlighting and underlining FDR's comments on investment websites as a basis for your response? JMHO, but I think you're putting waaaaaay to much into a simple discussion....all over "filling" vs "full". I can't believe, and again this is just me, that this is really that important.

• Like 3

Just now, SeaShark said:

So, instead of just responding to what is said in the conversation, you are a) reviewing his posting history, b) reviewing NCL's SEC filings, and c) highlighting and underlining FDR's comments on investment websites as a basis for your response? JMHO, but I think you're putting waaaaaay to much into a simple discussion....all over "filling" vs "full". I can't believe, and again this is just me, that this is really that important.

There is a history of this particular poster providing inaccurate information on a plethoria of subjects. I believe in providing accurate information here on the forum to help maintain it's integrity. 

4 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

There is a history of this particular poster providing inaccurate information on a plethoria of subjects. I believe in providing accurate information here on the forum to help maintain it's integrity. 

I agree.  Maintaining a high level of accuracy and a minimum amount of BS will be important for the survival of these boards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1