I could use some advice from Oceania regulars please

John117

3 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

I have a question.  Both my wife and I will want to have the Prestige Drink Program. Our cruise is a 10 Day Mediterranean Cruise out of Athens, Greece.  It is on the Riviera, November 2023.  As all you regular Oceania Guest know, I can choose One of Three Perks.  I normally would choose the $600.00 OBC.  

Since we will both be purchasing the Prestige Drink Program which is $600.00 per person, $1200 for the couple.  My understanding is if we change to the Drink Program instead of the OBC and upgrade to the Prestige Drink Program for $200.00.  That seems to be the best approach.  

Please tell me if my logic is correct? 

Can you upgrade pre-cruise or do you have to do it when you get on the ship?

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

If you upgrade it is $20 per person per day, or $400, add to that the $600 you kicked in (because Olife is a perk you pay for, nothing free about it) so the cost for the Prestige package for two is $1000, a 20% savings.    

Just now, shepherd really said:

If you upgrade it is $20 per person per day, or $400, add to that the $600 you kicked in (because Olife is a perk you pay for, nothing free about it) so the cost for the Prestige package for two is $1000, a 20% savings.    

@shepherdThat makes complete sense.  I get what you were saying about the Olife.  My second question is can I do the upgrade from online pre-cruise or wait until I am on board?

• Like 1

Just now, Sthrngary said:

@shepherdThat makes complete sense.  I get what you were saying about the Olife.  My second question is can I do the upgrade from online pre-cruise or wait until I am on board?

Good question, I just tried it on one of my bookings.  It appears you must do Olife and I only do it on port intensive cruises, so it just gave me the retail purchase options.  If you choose the Olife beverage package, I suspect you can go into "manage my cruises" and do it yourself.  Otherwise, a call or email to your TA or Oceania rep will get it accomplished pre-cruise, and you can certainly upgrade once aboard.   One thing they are good at besides food, is separating you painlessly from your money.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

You must wait until onboard to upgrade but easy to do......when we embark, DH goes to Guest Service with our cruise cards and upgrades our beverage package while I head up to Terrace or Waves and find a nice table.  He is not too far behind me with our new cruise cards and we are ordering our first wonderful cocktail!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, basor said:

You must wait until onboard to upgrade but easy to do......when we embark, DH goes to Guest Service with our cruise cards and upgrades our beverage package while I head up to Terrace or Waves and find a nice table.  He is not too far behind me with our new cruise cards and we are ordering our first wonderful cocktail!

Remember to stop by the Booze table and get a copy of the Bin End list and “7 bottle wine package” choices.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

As posted  many times here

If you take the O life beverage package  you have to wait until ONBOARD  to do the upgrade 

Thing could change in the future 

• Thanks 1

On 9/3/2022 at 1:31 PM, Kate-AHF said:

Oceania does, for the most part, treat their guests like adults.  Which is nice. We keep trying to get back on Silversea (which we love) but O just trumps the itins offered every time, we can't seem to break away.  We were set to do Silversea or Explora Journeys in 2024, then O came out of a grand voyage (2 different ships + overland trip) that has us star-struck.

Grand voyage with 2 ships and an overland?? What are their dates? I tried to look up their 2024 cruises and couldn't find any that included 2 ships + land tour. My hubby and I are looking to do something special in 2024 and that just might be the ticket. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Buckwheel said:

Grand voyage with 2 ships and an overland?? What are their dates? I tried to look up their 2024 cruises and couldn't find any that included 2 ships + land tour. My hubby and I are looking to do something special in 2024 and that just might be the ticket. 

You can now find it online. In Dec 24-Feb 25. Included Business Class Air to Sydney, then from Sydney to Ushuaia, then Santiago to home. Your choice of either mid-cruise 6 day overland program.Considerably more expensive than usual, but you get 3 expensive flights, a double length land program, and about 7 cruise credits. Wish the granddaughters weren't so darned cute and we could go away for that long.

• Like 3

I was looking at that trip and it is an amazing itinerary. As a grandparent also, I can assure you after 74 days, those granddaughters will look even cuter 🙏👍  When  we did a LONG TRIP, FaceTime with our iPhones was our friend. 
Mauibabes

• Like 2