Overseas Passenger Terminal Sydney

bonox55

Just now, NSWP said:

Will do Geoff. For what they are Rydges are expensive even at their Priority Guest Rewards price. Their harbour one is way OTT as are their World Square and Sydney Central ones, all around $300. Stayed in them, pretty ordinary.

It was the Old Sydney Holiday Inn when we last stayed there. Not on the top of our list either, but was happy to go with convenient, cheap & cheerful this time - alas not cheap, and cheaper to get a city view room in Quay West.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We are staying close to town hall, and tram,  $130 with breakfast for 2.

Central Police Stn? lol.  Superior Cell and a railway pie for brekkie.

YEHS Hotel ?

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I read recently that Rydges has been sold to the  Crystalbrook Group for $100million.  

Yes Rydges Harbour Hotel (old Holiday Inn) sold recently for $100 million and the Rydges North Sydney Hotel for $75 million.    The North Sydney one I have stayed in a few times over the years whilst visiting my son. It degenerated into a real dump.  Would not be surprised if they sell all the other Rydges Hotels.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

Sounds good. I have cancelled the Holiday Inn at KX and now booked in Monday night precruise at the Sydney Harbour Marriott, bottom of Pitt St @ Circular Quay.  Stayed there back in 2019 precruise. They have a Seniors price $260, which is a lot cheaper than even the Rydges Sydney Harbour (old Holiday Inn) which looks a basic room for $330.  They whack the price up when there is a cruise ship in, rogues.

That was the one we had booked for four nights pre cruise (Harbour marriott) and was looking forward to it. We had to use a flight centre gift voucher so decided we would use it on that (and the flights from Melbourne). But then, after watching South Africa situation, decided we would go there (2 weeks after round aus cruise returns) so cancelled pre cruise and used the money for hotel to hire a car in capetown instead. Then just changed the dates of the flights.

However the hotel looked great, so we'd be happy to try it out on an actual trip to sydney one time.

4 hours ago, bonox55 said:

G'day All,

Thanks for all your replies. Has been fantastic. Although, as a former Australia Post employee, I have been rather hurt by all the comments re delayed parcels!!

I think the plan will be to use my phone as a wi-fi hotspot and connect our tablets through our Optus network. Think this should solve the problem.

As both our phones are getting on, their built-in redundancy should kick in by this time next year and we will need new phones that will be upgraded to Android 11, 12 or whatever, so it will no longer be a problem.

Thanks for all your advice. Hope to see you on board at some stage

Paul

I guess if you are a former Aus Post employee it wont hurt sooo much??? No offence intended however, just stating the facts and its the first time it had happened to me 😁

5 hours ago, bonox55 said:

G'day All,

Thanks for all your replies. Has been fantastic. Although, as a former Australia Post employee, I have been rather hurt by all the comments re delayed parcels!!

So that's what the problem is. You're no longer at Australia Post to keep them in line! 🤣

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NSWP said:

Will do Geoff. For what they are Rydges are expensive even at their Priority Guest Rewards price. Their harbour one is way OTT as are their World Square and Sydney Central ones, all around $300. Stayed in them, pretty ordinary.

Plenty of cafes around the Quay, I often go to City Extra, no needed to buy the $50 buffet breakfast at the Marriottt, half of which I do not eat.

We have skipped the included breakfast option. We will have front row seats in an eating match for 11 nights, but if we feel like something that morning, City Extra or Rossini's are high on the list for a bold coffee and a nibble.

• Like 1

20121432_1498366156869106_6543050952178438338_o.thumb.jpg.940746282123d551630fd03ead8831a5.jpg

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Lol, the breakkies at City Extra are good, likely better than many hotels would serve up.

I often partake of the Victorian mixed grill there for dinner, but yes the breakfasts are good, I will be in there Tuesday morning.

Mixed-Grill-b-300x288.jpg.dcf3c63ea8e97220a7930a8a76298568.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

I will be sailing in December on NCL Spirit I have booked the Mercantile Hotel in the Rock area is this close enough to walk to cruise terminal and from Circular Quay Station is it safe to walk, looks like my best way to get from airport is by train what will this cost.

Thanks Paul

5 minutes ago, crewsin250 said:

I will be sailing in December on NCL Spirit I have booked the Mercantile Hotel in the Rock area is this close enough to walk to cruise terminal and from Circular Quay Station is it safe to walk, looks like my best way to get from airport is by train what will this cost.

Thanks Paul

Yes and Yes. 

The train network is really cheap - well, except the private airport stations. Still, it is done without any train changes along the way, and trains run regularly.

Current adult fare is $20.45

12 minutes ago, crewsin250 said:

Thanks Paul

The hotel is not too far away, it may be a little up hill from the cruise terminal and the area is safe enough. There is crime all over the world but I think Australia is safe. The train to the airport will cost you approx $20 AUD pp.