Drink Vouchers For Kids

RCCL Fan

I'm sure I've brought this up before, but don't remember the popular opinion...

Is there a policy for drink vouchers when it comes to kids?

We usually buy the soda or refreshment pkgs for the kids, but are thinking, if they get 5 free drinks a day as diamond plus members, do they really need more?

5 sugary drinks a day in plenty. 

But I can't remember what kids get in terms of drink vouchers on the ship.  

Do they get 5 free drinks as diamond plus members  or is it just for mom & dad? 

Also my daughter is 13 now, this will be her first sailing as "an adult"  

I'm assuming since we book her as an adult and she has to pay to eat in specialty dining that now she will get other diamond perks like free internet etc or am I wrong does she not get that until 18?

Edited by RCCL Fan

6 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

I'm sure I've brought this up before, but don't remember the popular opinion...

Is there a policy for drink vouchers when it comes to kids?

We usually buy the soda or refreshment pkgs for the kids, but are thinking, if they get 5 free drinks a day as diamond plus members, do they really need more?

5 sugary drinks a day in plenty. 

But I can't remember what kids get in terms of drink vouchers on the ship.  

Do they get 5 free drinks as diamond plus members  or is it just for mom & dad? 

Also my daughter is 13 now, this will be her first sailing as "an adult"  

I'm assuming even though we book her as an adult and she has to pay to eat in specialty dining that now she will get other diamond perks like free internet etc or am I wrong does she not get that until 18?

Your kids will have their 5 non-alcoholic drinks loaded onto their cards daily to use as they please.

Until they turn 19 (or is it 18?), they get the kiddie diamond plus perks, and not the adult ones, so they do not get things like mom and dad do (like the free photos).

Kids sail free - kids have to be 12 and under.  Anything else, you get kid "benefits" and not adult benefits.  The house always wins since they make the rules.

Each C&A member should get a paper in their cabin outlining the perks they are to receive.  USUALLY, this is correct, but they did provide our 14-year old with an adult copy of perks, but when she went to redeem one, they told her she was not entitled to the perk and gave her the correct perk sheet at that time.

Edited by Russ Lomas
add more info

4 minutes ago, drb116 said:

They get them now. Under the old system they did not, but that is no longer the case.

They will get free internet, but no free photo. 

1 minute ago, Russ Lomas said:

Your kids will have their 5 non-alcoholic drinks loaded onto their cards daily to use as they please.

Until they turn 19 (or is it 18?), they get the kiddie diamond plus perks, and not the adult ones, so they do not get things like mom and dad do (like the free photos).

Kids sail free - kids have to be 12 and under.  Anything else, you get kid "benefits" and not adult benefits.  The house always wins since they make the rules.

Thanks   good to know both kids  8 & 13 get the vouchers.

but tell me more about kiddie diamond plus perks....  what's on the list?

I don't think we've ever used them.

So they each get two free days of internet,  no photos.   what else?

Everything else is just discounts, such as 50% of milkshakes (but you can get them free with your vouchers), 50% of Ben and Jerry's, buy one get one free movie rental, and either $5 back after spending $15 at the arcade or $25 after spending $50.

On longer cruises, we take advantage of the arcade benefit, but otherwise the internet and drinks are all that we generally use from the kids.

2 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

but tell me more about kiddie diamond plus perks....  what's on the list?

I don't think we've ever used them.

So they each get two free days of internet,  no photos.   what else?

Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of the perks sheet and did not save it post-cruise.  I know there were things on there for things like arcade credits, discounts in the shops, etc.  Nothing that we really took advantage of (or we thought were that great).  We are Diamond members and all the kids used were their free day of internet (1 day each for Diamond), and their 4 nonalcoholic drinks per day.

2 hours ago, drb116 said:

Everything else is just discounts, such as 50% of milkshakes (but you can get them free with your vouchers), 50% of Ben and Jerry's, buy one get one free movie rental, and either $5 back after spending $15 at the arcade or $25 after spending $50.

On longer cruises, we take advantage of the arcade benefit, but otherwise the internet and drinks are all that we generally use from the kids.

Hold on- I can use my diamond voucher to get a free milkshake from Ben and Jerry's?????

This changes things.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 11:48 PM, constable145 said:

Hold on- I can use my diamond voucher to get a free milkshake from Ben and Jerry's?????

This changes things.

Johnny Rockets shakes, not Ben and Jerry.

Not that I would avoid JR shakes, they are very good as well.

2 hours ago, TBone2K said:

Johnny Rockets shakes, not Ben and Jerry.

Not that I would avoid JR shakes, they are very good as well.

We got shakes from Ben and Jerry's once. 

We went back the next day and were told it was a mistake. 

I spoke to the loyalty ambassador who apologized for the confusion and said it was due to the franchise agreement they have with Ben and Jerry's. 

My 7 & 12-year-old nieces became quite addicted to virgin daiquiris on our family cruise a few months ago, lol.

It was fun to be able to take the 12-year-old “to the bar” without actually corrupting her.

One other drink kids might want to use vouchers on is the smoothies in Vitality Cafe.

Just watch the drinks being made!  A couple of times on our last two cruises when I ordered a regular daiquiri and a virgin I ended up with both with alcohol.  My mom kept telling me to keep an eye on it and I thought she was being over the top but then I actually saw them accidentally pour liquor two different times.  Works out okay.... the adult just ends up with an extra drink  but you want to make sure you catch it!! 🙂  Both times it was just me at the bar picking up the drinks never happened when my daughter was with me.  I think they just got busy and overwhelmed with orders.