New England / Canada : Voyager of the Seas Sept 18th - Sept 25th. Semi-Live

alexgtp

1 hour ago, Rogueperson said:

So do you have to fill it out before you board AND before you arrive in Canada?  I'm a little confused about that.

Hi, Rogueperson.

Firstly, keep your eye on news from Canada.  It's possible that Canada's travel-related COVID requirements may be changing soon (as early as Sept. 30, 2022).  Until changes go into effect, we all must comply with current Canadian requirements.

Secondly, requirements set by the Canadian government for international travel can be found on their website:  https://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/gbi-rgf-eng.html.  This includes a section specifically for COVID-19 Cruise Ship Travel.  As of today, Sept 20, 2022, this section describes the circumstances when, YES, two ArriveCAN submissions may be needed.  

Edited by OUTinMinnesota
Changed "wlll be needed" to become "may be needed".

On 9/13/2022 at 1:26 PM, mdd3145 said:

Thanks for starting your post. We will be on Voyager on Oct. 23 with almost the same ports. Have never been to Maine or Canada so we are excited. We are home sick with covid right now after escaping getting it for 2 1/2 years. We are glad we have it now and hopefully will test negative in October.  Can't wait to hear about the ports.

Mrs Fan and I are on the 10/23 sailing VOTS.  Can't wait. We have not cruised in a long time and are RCL newbies. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

So do you have to fill it out before you board AND before you arrive in Canada?  I'm a little confused about that.

I think the mixed signals is that you are advised to install the app, create an account, upload documents, and proceed in the app up to the point where you enter arrival details at your leisure while you are at home before the cruise. But you can't fill in the arrival details until 72 hours before the cruise starts which in your case means no earlier than Thursday at 5 PM. It doesn't help the confusion that those on this Sunday's sailing received a notification today that doesn't explain that and says you need to "complete" it today, which you can't.

5 hours ago, Broons77 said:

@alexgtp - 2 questions for you - First, can you please post today's CC?  And second, any appearance of the foghorn yet on the ship?  Our cabin is forward deck 12 and I'm praying that there's no cause to set the thing off in the middle of the night...

In viking Crown lounge deck 14 and just heard the fog horn for the first time. It's about 1030PM and its getting a bit foggy.

Horn is not absurdly loud, but noticable. I'm sure you will sleep right thru it.

PXL_20220921_015552321_MP.thumb.jpg.9ef09a008d61736fa7cb491ee479f6c5.jpgPXL_20220921_015458590_MP.thumb.jpg.d62befa044915d28e7a0c17bd50a899f.jpg

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 4

Regarding the ArriveCAN….how do you add travelers who are traveling with you? Do you scan all their documents as well? I cannot seem to find the link to do this on the app? It seems like it is just taking my information…is there an option to do this for my spouse at the end of the app? Please advise.

3 minutes ago, elorawoahh said:

This is so helpful! Boarding this Sunday (25th) and trying to plan out our shows & activities. The CCs are great, keep up the good work and enjoy! 🙂

One recommendation for ST John prebook your excursion . Everything seems to be filled up with as many as 3 ships in port. Also if you end up on far away dock it's. .5 miles walk into town and tough to find any excursions . We made that mistake 

• Like 2

Also…can anyone advise me on where to park at the terminal in Boston? I called the MassPort garage that seems to be the official garage for the terminal…and they are telling me that there is no ship leaving the 25th,,,,are there other parking sites close? Please advise.

3 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

Regarding the ArriveCAN….how do you add travelers who are traveling with you? Do you scan all their documents as well? I cannot seem to find the link to do this on the app? It seems like it is just taking my information…is there an option to do this for my spouse at the end of the app? Please advise.

If everyone is coming from same place or address you can add them to your Account. My wife and 2 parents were under my account so we had 1 single QR code with all 4 names on them. Can do paperwork prior to boarding ship. Earlier in thread I have information page 1 I think.

I am from Boston area, but I rare cruise out of Boston. Just recently we sailed on Adventure from NJ to Canada and visited Boston  🙂  . I really recommend to spend as many sailaways in Crown Viking Lounge. It is very beautiful

This video has sailaway from Boston from CVL

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

Are most of the women on your cruise wearing shorts, capris or long pants? Still warm enough for shorts and capris in CT …but not sure if that will be warm enough for the same cruise you are on,,,leaving this coming Sunday. Please advise.

Had to defer to DW for this one  long pants and some capris , seems to be what most are wearing. But sea day today and solarium and pool are sprinkled with ppl.

PXL_20220921_155621472_MP.thumb.jpg.4645a2e9b266be7c843bb32bddcddf66.jpg

5 hours ago, LindaConn said:

At the bottom of the app (the phone version). There is a little traveler picture with a plus (+) sign.  Click on that and then start adding travelers. Then you scan passports (or manually add them), upload Covid Vax card (take a picture).  The system auto loads the passport information, but double check the passport number (it misread Mrs Fan's number) and manually add any other information they want.

1015372866_ArriveCan.thumb.jpg.3b42bab9b10d5e0d1ed2e0193bb79c1e.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LindaConn said:

Also…can anyone advise me on where to park at the terminal in Boston? I called the MassPort garage that seems to be the official garage for the terminal…and they are telling me that there is no ship leaving the 25th,,,,are there other parking sites close? Please advise.

I would look online and make a reservation for parking. I usually book the Black Falcon Ave parking lot but it looks to be full for the 25th. I use ParkWhiz for the booking. There are parking lots closer to the port than the Massport ones but not sure if they are still available for the times you need.

Called C-1 which is located on Black Falcon Ave…and was told I did not need reservations to park there…but after reading your post, I am worried we will be turned away…not sure why this is so difficult…..I started looking into this months ago…

and was told there is no cruise on the date our ship is going…although during the past week, they finally say “yes” there is a sailing, but now only have reservation times after 3 pm…which is pretty late for a 5 pm sailing where you require a shuttle from the garage and need to be checked in 90 mins prior to sailing….I have my fingers crossed!

22 hours ago, alexgtp said:

In viking Crown lounge deck 14 and just heard the fog horn for the first time. It's about 1030PM and its getting a bit foggy.

Horn is not absurdly loud, but noticable. I'm sure you will sleep right thru it.

PXL_20220921_015552321_MP.thumb.jpg.9ef09a008d61736fa7cb491ee479f6c5.jpgPXL_20220921_015458590_MP.thumb.jpg.d62befa044915d28e7a0c17bd50a899f.jpg

Hearing fog horns always brings me back to when I was growing up on Staten Island.  I lived not far from the Staten Island Ferry and would occasionally hear the fog horns.  As an adult, I lived on the South Shore, with the Kill Van Kull down the street;  more fog horns.  I just love it!

• Like 2