New England / Canada : Voyager of the Seas Sept 18th - Sept 25th. Semi-Live

alexgtp

Certainly looks crowded but it also appears to be orderly as well given the amount of people that are there.  We have check in at 10:30 on our sailing as well so it's good that they seem to have the kinks worked out.  Have to imagine they had the personnel to deal with the increased traffic from multiple ships than has been reported earlier in the cruising season.  How exciting for you guys, hope you have a drink in your hand by now!  🥤

2 hours ago, Broons77 said:

I thought Anthem actually did the NE/Canada itinerary several years back for a season, but could be wrong.  Would love to have her homeported for a Caribbean itinerary, but Royal keeps refusing my calls 😄

You know, I think you might be right. I'd love to have more options from Boston. I can't walk to the cruiseport anymore, but it's still only a T ride away.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

You know, I think you might be right. I'd love to have more options from Boston. I can't walk to the cruiseport anymore, but it's still only a T ride away.

I remember back around 2004, during the fall, RCL had 10 nights to the Caribbean round trip out of Boston.  Sure wish they'd do that again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

For those waiting to biy DBP on board here is info.

And yes they have the good cups.

PXL_20220918_160851380.thumb.jpg.cb461aed0d8c63b2b03f2712479263f5.jpg

Not to gloat, but I bought the DBP + Voom for $64/day during the Black Friday Sale last November and was annoyed as I had missed a sale where it was $59/day.  No longer annoyed by that.  Will be a lesson to me going forward, that's for sure.  Even with today's nutty pricing!

Given that they just got in from a 2 week TA through some out of the way ports, I'm sure they haven't been able to do a good restock in a while.  I'd imagine those problems should go away once they're taken in and distributed all the new provisions.

And yeah, would imagine a festive local crowd watching the Pats.  Such will be the case for these sailings, I'm sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, alexgtp said:

Spa info

Prompt and efficient.  That's what I look for in a 'Live' thread!  😄  I really could have waited a day or two, thank you so much!!!

Go grab yourself a cocktail sailor, it's almost time to hit the high seas!  Can't wait for the rest of your thread!

• Like 4

Supposed to sail away at 5. Still waiting.

We are In the helipad area.

Sort of a quiet secret. Not too many ppl here. If your not a fan of crowded sail aways this is your spot. 

PXL_20220918_202756437.thumb.jpg.672e89c6627b92ceeed8d9e0a98e4337.jpgPXL_20220918_204554747.thumb.jpg.d71428fc31e5b683e085f67701c33a4d.jpg1663536042307283823096954839483.thumb.jpg.e2be1d7adc3660ad02deb7a6a3b4034a.jpg

Edited by alexgtp
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Voom service for this ship is trash. 

It may be the case that the Canada/NE region has few, less capable satellites. Carnival just sent an email refunding anyone who had purchased their premium Internet service for Canada/NE saying that there really wasn't any premium up there.

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

I'm glad I booked our spa services ahead of time - those prices are almost double what they were in Cruise Planner!

If you're doing more than one service, that 10/20/30% off sale actually makes it close.  But for one thing, yes, book ahead.

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Supposed to sail away at 5. Still waiting.

We are In the helipad area.

Sort of a quiet secret. Not too many ppl here. If your not a fan of crowded sail aways this is your spot. 

PXL_20220918_202756437.thumb.jpg.672e89c6627b92ceeed8d9e0a98e4337.jpgPXL_20220918_204554747.thumb.jpg.d71428fc31e5b683e085f67701c33a4d.jpg1663536042307283823096954839483.thumb.jpg.e2be1d7adc3660ad02deb7a6a3b4034a.jpg

When it gets windy, it’s not as pleasant.  😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Broons77 said:

I thought Anthem actually did the NE/Canada itinerary several years back for a season, but could be wrong.  Would love to have her homeported for a Caribbean itinerary, but Royal keeps refusing my calls 😄

We sailed on Anthem from NJ to New England and Canada….it was an amazing trip! When booking this year we were disappointed to see Anthem wasn’t offered, but….we love the Adventure too. We are also on the Oct 13th sailing.

7 minutes ago, okiedrifters said:

We sailed on Anthem from NJ to New England and Canada….it was an amazing trip! When booking this year we were disappointed to see Anthem wasn’t offered, but….we love the Adventure too. We are also on the Oct 13th sailing.

I've been on her to Bermuda and the Bahamas.  We spent not a single bad moment on that ship, she is fantastic!

On 9/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, Rogueperson said:

Ack, you're beating me to doing a Canada live thread by 11 days!!  I planned to do my live thread on the September 29th Adventure sailing.  Its actually a b2b live as I'm going to Bermuda first on the 24th.  My first b2b.

Still, I can follow your thread right up until i board.

Better prepare for a B2B to Canada/ New England, pretty good bet after this storm rolls through Bermuda they won't want cruise passengers traveling on the island while they are recovering.