Friends on same cruise already have luggage tags. Ours are pending.

zitsky

We have two friends on the same sailing 9/26/22 on Reflection.  We linked our reservations, although it didn't work as well as we expected.  But I can see that they have luggage tags.  We don't and we are on the same cruise.  Did we forget something on check in, maybe vaccine history?  Or something else?

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

You mean you cannot download the eDocs package?  Your tags appear at the end.

The website says luggage tags pending.  I’ll check the eDocs.

”Are you mocking me canderson?  Are you calling me dumb?”  Amy Klobuchar to Pete Buttigieg. 

Maybe you should be.

😭

2 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Had the same problem recently, never could get resolved so just hand wrote them at port.  I think it cost us 3 minutes in our boarding time.

What if I’m late to the buffet because I listened to you???  🥸

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I checked our eDocs.  I do not see luggage tags.  I'll check with our friends to see if they did something different than we did.

Fascinating.  By any chance did you bid a MoveUp?  The eDocs we have received always included the tags at the end of the *.pdf.

If cabin location was important, perhaps because of proximity to your friends, you might want to contact your TA or Celebrity to see what's up.

32 minutes ago, canderson said:

Fascinating.  By any chance did you bid a MoveUp?  The eDocs we have received always included the tags at the end of the *.pdf.

If cabin location was important, perhaps because of proximity to your friends, you might want to contact your TA or Celebrity to see what's up.

No I never asked for an upgrade.  TA just said they should be available soon.

49 minutes ago, canderson said:

So TA is recommending you wait and then download the eDocs again in hopes that the tags will appear as additions to that document?

There are two separate links on the website.

1). Access the luggage tags PENDING

2) Access eDocs.  NO LUGGAGE TAGS.

TA recommends waiting “a while” until they (LUGGAGE TAGS) are available.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

No I never asked for an upgrade.  TA just said they should be available soon.

The tags would not come from your TA.   Why are you wanting the crappy paper tags that are part of your edocs?   Just have them tag your bags at the pier.

FWIW in Iceland they had 2 porters doing tags.  Took less time than waiting in line to drop tagged bags off.

On our Celebrity Cruise last April we never received our eDocs or luggage tags online. Celebrity customer service was less than helpful.  In the end we were able to hand-write them at the Port and all was fine, but it made us VERY nervous as new Celebrity customers. Celebrity needs to do better here as this seems to be an ongoing issue.  

1 minute ago, Salt Lifer said:

On our Celebrity Cruise last April we never received our eDocs or luggage tags online. Celebrity customer service was less than helpful.  In the end we were able to hand-write them at the Port and all was fine, but it made us VERY nervous as new Celebrity customers. Celebrity needs to do better here as this seems to be an ongoing 

Doesn't matter whether Celebrity, Princess, HAL or Royal.  Give them one try to complete online check in.  If it fails simply take your confirmation from the cruise line (and TA) to the pier.

Most issues are with software on our computers.  I always try printing mine at a library or other such location.  Easier.

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Doesn't matter whether Celebrity, Princess, HAL or Royal.  Give them one try to complete online check in.  If it fails simply take your confirmation from the cruise line (and TA) to the pier.

Most issues are with software on our computers.  I always try printing mine at a library or other such location.  Easier.

I’ve worked in IT.  It makes me more patient and more demanding at the same time LOL.  I suspect whoever wrote the code for the luggage tags left a bug in the system.  Celebrity is known for a bad website.

I was told the luggage tags are in eDocs but I don’t see that.

Edit:  Funny the only difference is that our friends DID NOT do their health checkin.  Hmmm?

Can someone tell me what docs I need to show the porter if I don’t get luggage tags.  And can that info be found in the official app e.g. Express pass?

Edited by zitsky

We had same problem with September 24, Mexican Rivera sailing on Solstice. Edocs last page was blank and website said luggage tags are pending. I called Celebrity individual bookings number  1-800-556-8209 yesterday morning. No hold time! The representative emailed me tags in 2 minutes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ajconova said:

We had same problem with September 24, Mexican Rivera sailing on Solstice. Edocs last page was blank and website said luggage tags are pending. I called Celebrity individual bookings number  1-800-556-8209 yesterday morning. No hold time! The representative emailed me tags in 2 minutes.

Are you working with or do you have a TA?  In my experience Celebrity will not talk to me.

To those who say “big deal”, I say this is part of the process.  

• Like 1

We had 3 cabins booked for Alaska in June. Only 1 cabin ever got their luggage tags. Other 2 always said pending. When we got to port of Seattle, porter took care of it for us.......took mere seconds to write cabin number on the tag and we were good to go. Will never worry about no tags again!!  And our luggage was in the room before the cabin with preprinted tags!!

5 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Correction: It's an unnecessary part of the process. You are choosing to make it an issue when it doesn't have to be.

You know you’re right.  I’ve been up since 2AM trying to get my luggage tags.  Now I can finally get some sleep.

Yes I can ask for help at the ship.  Or Celebrity can make a website that works.  Or even better.  Just mail my eDocs with my luggage tags to my home address like some companies used to do.

• Like 1