Discounts just showing up?

Rob-Bob

I logged onto my account and these show up.  I just looked based on another posted topic that mention the 20% discount on their account.  I just logged in and find it interested that I would never have known if not for reading it on CC.  No notification from NCL that these were posted.

Does anyone know why I am getting these?  Can they be used together?  

Thank you CC posters for making me aware of these.

Coupon ID Amount Dates Onboard Credit
10% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit   10% Off
Expires On9/30/2022
Sail by12/31/2023
Not Applicable
20% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit   20% Off
Expires On9/30/2022
Sail by12/31/2022
Not Applica

23 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Does anyone know why I am getting these?

No.  NCL's website is an unsolvable mystery.  We've tried to figure it out, but more often than not there i no logic to be found.

24 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Can they be used together?  

Some have had success in stacking discounts.  It's best to call NCL reservations once a booking is made and ask them to apply them both.  Please let us know what you find out.

30 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

I logged onto my account and these show up.  I just looked based on another posted topic that mention the 20% discount on their account.  I just logged in and find it interested that I would never have known if not for reading it on CC.  No notification from NCL that these were posted.

Does anyone know why I am getting these?  Can they be used together?  

Thank you CC posters for making me aware of these.

Coupon ID Amount Dates Onboard Credit
10% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit   10% Off
Expires On9/30/2022
Sail by12/31/2023
Not Applicable
20% Off Discount Future Cruise Credit   20% Off
Expires On9/30/2022
Sail by12/31/2022
Not Applica

I wish I had that one, I don't see any coupons on my account, when I go to pay for a cruise I see the 10% one unless the 20% is new today.  

10 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

No.  NCL's website is an unsolvable mystery.  We've tried to figure it out, but more often than not there i no logic to be found.

Some have had success in stacking discounts.  It's best to call NCL reservations once a booking is made and ask them to apply them both.  Please let us know what you find out.

I probably will not be using the discounts.  If the 20% one was good through 12/31/23 we would use it.  12/31/22 is too soon and we have a few other getaway's planned to squeeze in a cruise before year end.

I will be checking out all cruises just in case😀

45 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Can they be used together?

That was probably my topic, or my post in another topic.  When I tried to book a cruise I couldn't use more than two certificates during the booking process, including CND's.  If you plan on paying a cash deposit or full payment at the time of booking, that may not be an issue (I did not try booking a Canada/NE cruise so I can't say with certainty if it will allow both to be used, just noting the limitation I saw).

10 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

If the 20% one was good through 12/31/23

That 20% is ONLY for a Fall 2022 Canada/NE cruise, the season for which runs through early November.

Yes, they just get mysteriously added to our accounts, maybe it was in one of the Latitudes emails I ignored.  My sister got the 10% one as well and she hasn't cruised since 2019.

My husband got a 10% off coupon but I did not.  Our last cruise was in February 2020.  I don't know when it showed up in his account, but I'm really glad the NCL rep mentioned it when I started looking to book a cruise or I never would have seen it and it would have expired soon (9/30/2022).  We were able to use it to book a January 2023 cruise in conjunction with my Cruise Next certificate.

I guess everyone should log onto the NCL website periodically to check your account for random discounts - and check your cruise partner's account as well, since it seems there is no telling who will get what.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

Can someone please nudge me in the right direction to find these "coupons"?  When I log into NCL with my account, I don't find coupons listed anywhere.  Obviously, I'm not looking in the right place.

You probably are.  NCL just doesn't like some of us.  DD has the EXACT same recent cruising history as DW and I, and she has gotten discounts that we haven't.  Admittedly, it makes me happy when somebody treats DD well.  I just want it for me, me, me!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

You probably are.  NCL just doesn't like some of us.  DD has the EXACT same recent cruising history as DW and I, and she has gotten discounts that we haven't.  Admittedly, it makes me happy when somebody treats DD well.  I just want it for me, me, me!  

but wait, help me understand.  I was expecting that if I had no coupons I would still see, somewhere, a table like this with nothing in it (I stole this image from the OP).  If I have none, would I therefor not even see this empty table?

image.png.de4a358301cad55eeb3361b9c4fdca91.png

@PATRLR on a computer (preferably but it may work in a browser on a mobile device, I can NOT see them in the app on my phone), log in to your account.  Once logged in you have the My NCL menu in the top right, hover over that and click on My Account (between your name and your Latitudes number).  They'll be right on that page.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, hallux said:

@PATRLR on a computer (preferably but it may work in a browser on a mobile device, I can NOT see them in the app on my phone), log in to your account.  Once logged in you have the My NCL menu in the top right, hover over that and click on My Account (between your name and your Latitudes number).  They'll be right on that page.

33 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Correct.

Thanks to both of you - looks like I don't have any. 😞

My TA (who is also my wife 😁) was able to apply a 10% off code to our next three bookings this year and next. It wasn’t a coupon in our account, but it was a code that had to be explicitly applied.  She saw it when she was just checking our bookings for any price drops. 

29 minutes ago, psac said:

My TA (who is also my wife 😁) was able to apply a 10% off code to our next three bookings this year and next. It wasn’t a coupon in our account, but it was a code that had to be explicitly applied.  She saw it when she was just checking our bookings for any price drops. 

Sweet!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, psac said:

Were these cruises that you already had booked? I just booked a cruise yesterday, and I see a discount coupon. I’d love to save 10%!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hallux said:

That was probably my topic, or my post in another topic.  When I tried to book a cruise I couldn't use more than two certificates during the booking process, including CND's.  If you plan on paying a cash deposit or full payment at the time of booking, that may not be an issue (I did not try booking a Canada/NE cruise so I can't say with certainty if it will allow both to be used, just noting the limitation I saw).

That 20% is ONLY for a Fall 2022 Canada/NE cruise, the season for which runs through early November.

Yes, they just get mysteriously added to our accounts, maybe it was in one of the Latitudes emails I ignored.  My sister got the 10% one as well and she hasn't cruised since 2019.

It's been on my page for a while now. But as mentioned I only knew about it because I happened to look at my profile.

3 hours ago, hallux said:

Do they show up where the CruiseNext certificates show up?

The discounts are only on my account.  They do not show up on my Wife's account.  I wonder if the discounts apply to both fares or only mine?

Big mystery.  Too much work for me to figure out right now.  If I had a cruise in mind I would work harder to get answers.  

46 minutes ago, Candy Apple 12 said:

Were these cruises that you already had booked? I just booked a cruise yesterday, and I see a discount coupon. I’d love to save 10%!

Both — existing bookings and we booked a new trip because of this.  When she looks for pricing she checks without our specific accounts, so it was a price available to anyone. 

Edited by psac

28 minutes ago, nferr said:

It's been on my page for a while now. But as mentioned I only knew about it because I happened to look at my profile.

Yeah, they've been on my account for a while now as well.

28 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Do they show up where the CruiseNext certificates show up?

Yes

Does anyone have experience with the expiry of these codes?  What I'm specifically wondering is if the 10% off I have that expires the end of September if it will likely disappear or if it will likely just be replaced with another one just like the "sales" that keep churning.  I know it's a gamble, but curious if anyone has first hand experience.  Have a cruise to book, but ideally would wait until my next visa cycle until my work bonus is paid.

14 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

Does anyone have experience with the expiry of these codes?  What I'm specifically wondering is if the 10% off I have that expires the end of September if it will likely disappear or if it will likely just be replaced with another one just like the "sales" that keep churning.  I know it's a gamble, but curious if anyone has first hand experience.  Have a cruise to book, but ideally would wait until my next visa cycle until my work bonus is paid.

I have never seen this particular discount. I would snag that deal asap! 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 8:09 PM, psac said:

Can you share that code so I can tell my TA about it when I book?

25 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

Can you share that code so I can tell my TA about it when I book?

Each person may have a different code.  If they have your Latitudes number they should be able to access the discounts/coupons on your account.

• Thanks 1