Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

On 10/29/2022 at 8:49 AM, graphicguy said:

I had put in a bid for an upgrade…..as low as I could bid.  Haven’t even thought about it until I got this email since it looked like the Haven had sold out a while ago.

Maybe a form letter.  But, I will check with Customer Service when I board.  Maybe “no shows”…maybe upgrades going from one Haven Suite to another..  Maybe someone became ill and couldn’t go.  They may think I’m charming.

Who knows?

Where is everyone?

• Like 1

Oh my gosh (old speak for OMG). We were on BA two weeks ago. Sun is setting more quickly now.  @graphicguy, you deserve the best cruise ever.  Your lead-up to this somewhat spontaneous cruise makes it even more memorable.  Two weeks ago this was our “redemption cruise” as our last on the Bliss in May ended up with missing half of the cruise to norovirus.  But the BA totally made up for it.  We LOVE the BA, and after following the advice from many on CC posters, our cruise was amazing.  Enjoy 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

Oh my gosh (old speak for OMG). We were on BA two weeks ago. Sun is setting more quickly now.  @graphicguy, you deserve the best cruise ever.  Your lead-up to this somewhat spontaneous cruise makes it even more memorable.  Two weeks ago this was our “redemption cruise” as our last on the Bliss in May ended up with missing half of the cruise to norovirus.  But the BA totally made up for it.  We LOVE the BA, and after following the advice from many on CC posters, our cruise was amazing.  Enjoy 🥰

You’re too kind.  Thank you.  

Taking a quick break.  Finally unpacking.

Had the distinct pleasure of meeting @JamieLogical at sail away.  Always great to meet a CCer.

Dinner at Cagney was great.

Recharging to go see the band at Syd’s.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Whew…some revelry happened last night.  Moving a tad slow this a.m.  But, we’re in RI.  Early tenders have begun.  Need coffee!

50s-60sF today.  

Will catch up later.  Much more coming!

revelry...oh I like that word!  Such a perfect word for cruising, it just rolls off the tongue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure about capacity, but elevators are easy to get.  Drinks are easy to get.  Had breakfast in the buffet, found a seat with no issues. albeit there were plenty of people there.

I’m a bagel, fruit, coffee guy.  So pretty easy to please.

I DO NOT drink that stuff they try to pass off as coffee in the buffet 

I bring this stuff with me…

EB2D37A2-1DC7-4388-B604-4BF855436E91.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5

The inevitable cringe worthy moment (so far)…

Walking down the hallway to my cabin, there’s a 50-something lady standing behind what I’m guessing is an octogenarian in a wheel chair.

There’s a line forming behind me as the lady is blocking access with the wheelchair sideways.  How she managed that is something of a mystery.

Anyway, 50s lady is  browbeating a room steward for not being able to answer her questions about things they can do in RI.

Very clearly and very apparent his answers regarding his limited knowledge of RI did not satisfy this lady.

I should have just gone out of the aisle and come back in from the other end, like everyone else did.  BUT NOOOOOO!!!!  I had to inject myself into this conversation.

-“M’am…if you’re looking for things to do in RI, they’ll be able to better help you at the Excursion Desk.  I’ll be happy to show you where that is.”

-“I k now where it is.  It’s all the way downstairs.  I don’t want to go down there”

“Well, it’s a tender port.  So, you can always get a tender ticket and wander around on your own.”

-“wander around?  Like a couple of homeless people?”

By this time, the steward had already contacted someone who appeared to be a sr staffer, who came and intervened.

I finally DID go around this fiasco.  The Sr Staffer silently “lipped-THANK YOU” as I headed in the other direction.

I just chuckled.  Only on a cruise ship!

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Walking down the hallway to my cabin, there’s a 50-something lady standing behind what I’m guessing is an octogenarian in a wheel chair.

There’s a line forming behind me as the lady is blocking access with the wheelchair sideways.  How she managed that is something of a mystery.

Anyway, 50s lady is  browbeating a room steward for not being able to answer her questions about things they can do in RI.

Very clearly and very apparent his answers regarding his limited knowledge of RI did not satisfy this lady.

I should have just gone out of the aisle and come back in from the other end, like everyone else did.  BUT NOOOOOO!!!!  I had to inject myself into this conversation.

-“M’am…if you’re looking for things to do in RI, they’ll be able to better help you at the Excursion Desk.  I’ll be happy to show you where that is.”

-“I k now where it is.  It’s all the way downstairs.  I don’t want to go down there”

“Well, it’s a tender port.  So, you can always get a tender ticket and wander around on your own.”

By this time, the steward had already contacted someone who appeared to be a sr staffer, who came and intervened.

I finally DID go around this fiasco.  The Sr Staffer silently “lipped-THANK YOU” as I headed in the other direction.

Wow, I can’t believe the rudeness of that woman. Glad you tried to help and save that poor steward. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

You must have met one of my fellow NY'ers. 🙂

• Haha 2