Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Last night it wasn’t bad.  Talking to others today, I expect it will be SRO unless you get there 30 minutes early.

Well worth the wait!

Agree. Great band. Been there both nights and able to get seats if arrive early. Might be more difficult when they play Rumours. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Agree. Great band. Been there both nights and able to get seats if arrive early. Might be more difficult when they play Rumours. 

Heard their counterparts on the Getaway this past Summer.  Both are great.  Both are equally good!

And yes…get there early!

• Like 1

In Portland today (actually docking in a couple of hours).  Foggy now, but is supposed to burn off.

Not really sure what I’ll do….

Kennebunkport Cruise Tour?

LL Bean?

Lighthouses?

None of those really excite me.

May just get off and nose around!

5 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

In Portland today (actually docking in a couple of hours).  Foggy now, but is supposed to burn off.

Not really sure what I’ll do….

Kennebunkport Cruise Tour?

LL Bean?

Lighthouses?

None of those really excite me.

May just get off and nose around!

I will be eating my way through Portland. 
Enjoy your day!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

In Portland today (actually docking in a couple of hours).  Foggy now, but is supposed to burn of ... Not really sure what I’ll do ... None of those really excite me. May just get off and nose around!

That's what we did in late September,  why spent 3 hours to/from the outlets strip mall or to see LLBean with the overpriced tour, shop LLB virtually later. Waterfront is just an easy 10 minutes walk, good for cardio & enjoy a nice, fresh lobster roll or go for a lobster special.  Whatever you do, have a great day ... and Starbucks was open & busy as always. 

Henry 

P.S. you'll run into the real homeless, sadly.

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

That's what we did in late September,  why spent 3 hours to/from the outlets strip mall or to see LLBean with the overpriced tour, shop LLB virtually later. Waterfront is just an easy 10 minutes walk, good for cardio & enjoy a nice, fresh lobster roll or go for a lobster special.  Whatever you do, have a great day ... and Starbucks was open & busy as always. 

Henry 

P.S. you'll run into the real homeless, sadly.

That’s the plan then!  Thanks!  Wander around like a homeless person and “blend in”!

Lobster roll it is!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Side note about my room steward.  He introduced himself the first day, but sadly, don’t recall his name.

He’s in his early 20s.  Polite and nearly invisible.  I leave a note for him about getting a coffee maker, and voila, it just shows up.

I leave for a walk or breakfast, put the “Make Up Room” on?  and like a stealthy steward ninja, he has my room made up without me seeing hide nor hair of him.

He’s getting a good tip!

As an aside, getting my first load of laundry done for being in a Club Balcony!  Will get the 2nd Latitudes perk done Friday….clean clothes to pack for the trip home

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Side note about my room steward.  He introduced himself the first day, but sadly, don’t recall his name.

He’s in his early 20s.  Polite and nearly invisible.  I leave a note for him about getting a coffee maker, and voila, it just shows up.

I leave for a walk or breakfast, put the “Make Up Room” on?  and like a stealthy steward ninja, he has my room made up without me seeing hide nor hair of him.

He’s getting a good tip!

As an aside, getting my first load of laundry done for being in a Club Balcony!  Will get the 2nd Latitudes perk done Friday….clean clothes to pack for the trip home

I think the steward name will be listed on one of the screens on the TV, most likely the initial screen when it powers up.

Eat a few lobster rolls for me today!  I may need to look at doing this trip next fall...

Edited by PistolPete13
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was at the Excursion Desk this a.m. checking out things to do in Portland.  Chatted with the Excursion Manager for a bit about the Covid Shutdown/Startup.  He asked if they had ever given me my Latitude Status pins given the 2 year hiatus.  I told him “no”.

He grabbed a handful and gave them to me….

LOL!

D0FF2029-0BE1-4358-892D-D93467AA1769.jpeg

• Like 7

For lobster roll Portland lobster is good.  For the best fried clams ever, try Becky's diner.  Both on the waterfront.  Becky's is about a 2 mile walk.

Holey donuts was also a fun stop.  They close at 2pm I believe.  They wouldn't let you bring them onboard though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1