Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

I keep forgetting that some folks here may have never sailed the NCL “Away” ships.  I have….many times.

As such, I know where to go.  Some may not, though….

Deck 6

Customer Service

OnBoard Credit

Restaurant Info

Shore Excursions

Iconic NCL Chandelier 

LeBistro Table

79D0281E-E026-4CB6-95CF-13ECA42F0F83.jpeg

F5D42131-79B4-4515-B9DB-64B0B2188F0A.jpeg

035B68C7-84DA-4986-B650-78DE9F3D5C45.jpeg

35AD136E-A435-4E11-8E76-EF6206E8171D.jpeg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

The inevitable cringe worthy moment (so far)…

Walking down the hallway to my cabin, there’s a 50-something lady standing behind what I’m guessing is an octogenarian in a wheel chair.

There’s a line forming behind me as the lady is blocking access with the wheelchair sideways.  How she managed that is something of a mystery.

Anyway, 50s lady is  browbeating a room steward for not being able to answer her questions about things they can do in RI.

Very clearly and very apparent his answers regarding his limited knowledge of RI did not satisfy this lady.

I should have just gone out of the aisle and come back in from the other end, like everyone else did.  BUT NOOOOOO!!!!  I had to inject myself into this conversation.

-“M’am…if you’re looking for things to do in RI, they’ll be able to better help you at the Excursion Desk.  I’ll be happy to show you where that is.”

-“I k now where it is.  It’s all the way downstairs.  I don’t want to go down there”

“Well, it’s a tender port.  So, you can always get a tender ticket and wander around on your own.”

-“wander around?  Like a couple of homeless people?”

By this time, the steward had already contacted someone who appeared to be a sr staffer, who came and intervened.

I finally DID go around this fiasco.  The Sr Staffer silently “lipped-THANK YOU” as I headed in the other direction.

I just chuckled.  Only on a cruise ship!

Wow...... No good deed goes unpunished 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not sure about capacity, but elevators are easy to get.  Drinks are easy to get.  Had breakfast in the buffet, found a seat with no issues. albeit there were plenty of people there.

I’m a bagel, fruit, coffee guy.  So pretty easy to please.

I DO NOT drink that stuff they try to pass off as coffee in the buffet 

I bring this stuff with me…

EB2D37A2-1DC7-4388-B604-4BF855436E91.jpeg

Ditto

• Like 3

We are on this cruise too.  Wanted to do a live but  yours was at like at 8 pages before starting!  Can I piggyback here or should I do my own?  And can we meet up?  Love to chat and also meet @jamielogical as well as I’ve enjoyed her posts.  

• Like 2

The inevitable cringe worthy moment (so far)…

Walking down the hallway to my cabin, there’s a 50-something lady standing behind what I’m guessing is an octogenarian in a wheel chair.

There’s a line forming behind me as the lady is blocking access with the wheelchair sideways.  How she managed that is something of a mystery.

Anyway, 50s lady is  browbeating a room steward for not being able to answer her questions about things they can do in RI.

Very clearly and very apparent his answers regarding his limited knowledge of RI did not satisfy this lady.

I should have just gone out of the aisle and come back in from the other end, like everyone else did.  BUT NOOOOOO!!!!  I had to inject myself into this conversation.

-“M’am…if you’re looking for things to do in RI, they’ll be able to better help you at the Excursion Desk.  I’ll be happy to show you where that is.”

-“I k now where it is.  It’s all the way downstairs.  I don’t want to go down there”

“Well, it’s a tender port.  So, you can always get a tender ticket and wander around on your own.”

-“wander around?  Like a couple of homeless people?”

By this time, the steward had already contacted someone who appeared to be a sr staffer, who came and intervened.

I finally DID go around this fiasco.  The Sr Staffer silently “lipped-THANK YOU” as I headed in the other direction.

I just chuckled.  Only on a cruise ship!

It’s Halloween. The much feared undead and the uncouth walk amongst us. You scored major points for helping the steward as well as offering to help the lady. No regrets. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rxlowry said:

We are on this cruise too.  Wanted to do a live but  yours was at like at 8 pages before starting!  Can I piggyback here or should I do my own?  And can we meet up?  Love to chat and also meet @jamielogical as well as I’ve enjoyed her posts.  

ABSOLUTELY.  The more the merrier!!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

Spa Balcony?

Club Balcony.

BTW….these have the best showers at sea.  My shower at home isn’t as good, and I dropped enough money on that to buy a car! 😉 

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

OH YEAH, just found this (been on a couple cruises since you started this thread...)

REALLY wish I coulda been on this with you & @JamieLogical...had we not had concert tix Saturday I would have!

I took your advice & have booked MSC Divina in Feb.

5 day for $466 (balcony w/ $200 OBC) B2B with a Urcomped 7 day. Hell of a deal.

And their drink/internet packages are much better priced than other lines!

Have a great time--I'll be following along!!

Edited by KKB
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, KKB said:

OH YEAH, just found this (been on a couple cruises since you started this thread...)

REALLY wish I coulda been on this with you & @JamieLogical...had we not had concert tix Saturday I would have!

I took your advice & have booked MSC Divina in Feb.

5 day for $466 (balcony w/ $200 OBC) B2B with a Urcomped 7 day. Hell of a deal.

And their drink/internet packages are much better priced than other lines!

Would have loved to cruise with you.  

Congrats on the MSC booking.  Divina is a gorgeous ship!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2boyzmom said:

Was Syd Normans packed? Hoping the shows always begin at 9pm for us next week!

Last night it wasn’t bad.  Talking to others today, I expect it will be SRO unless you get there 30 minutes early.

Well worth the wait!

• Like 2