Live-NCL Breakaway 10/30-11/06/2022-New England/Canada-Club Balcony Suite

graphicguy

Well….CC WENT WONKY today.  So, some posts are missing.  Will have to rewrite then later.

Thanks to all for the great suggestions for Portland.  Got a late start because of making poor decisions that sounded good at the time.  😉

But, back in the saddle!

• Like 1

As a result of the locals, lunched here.  Best $25 I’ve spent this week.  Plus, they had a very talented duo playing and singing.

Plus, it turned out to be a nice day…that’s a WIN-WIN-WIN…

D51D0129-F9BF-430C-8B10-485CF80E59F3.jpeg

05ABED1A-79E1-4A25-8237-231FD151DA54.jpeg

A5379E4C-9825-4045-986B-54C3F967DF0C.jpeg

7AC01E1E-5349-46FB-A4B2-60057D77CB7C.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 10

Cool little train ride.  Narrow track train.  Passenger/commercial train used between mid-late 1800s between Portland and Montreal.

Tracks are ~½ the size of regular train tracks (cheaper to make/operate, easier to maneuver).

Used now for tourism and The Polar Express, starting in two weeks.

A1C9D244-DE0F-40CC-8F81-679126C2C844.jpeg

0DDDF57D-3AB8-4CD3-A8CA-2710FD5DE8E1.jpeg

60950145-6539-4551-9B5E-480A387C221D.jpeg

3FA25547-D398-470D-AD2E-CC3E19AC5170.jpeg

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

As a result of the locals, lunched here.  Best $25 I’ve spent this week.  Plus, they had a very talented duo playing and singing. Plus, it turned out to be a nice day…that’s a WIN-WIN-WIN…

Ha, found your way to 180 Commercial St on the waterfront, proud of you.  Route-66-Restaurant-BHME on your stop tomorrow is even better but next time, they are closed for the 2022 season - their lobster rolls in your choice of fixes, just out-of-this-world, a bit pricer than PLC but so good.  Some of the local mom-n-pop shops are done for their tourist season.

BTW, I chuckled with that screenshot of ship's WiFi - speed are actually better than other mega-ships.  Are they metering your minutes by the MB data used, unlike the rest of the fleet with the minutes counter only ?  You probably can slip by without adding extra minutes, just hunt for a 4G/5G signal once near the ports ... Bar Harbor is always tricky on overall land coverage. 

Enjoy dinner ! 

• Like 3

Thanks, Henry!  

WiFi metered by time, not data.  Been good about logging off and using Verizon where/when I can.

Still not great, but not terrible!

Not sure about plans for tomorrow.  Pretty much flying by the seat of my pants.  Would like to do Acadia.  But ship tours sold out.  Will see if I can score a tour at the pier.

Will put Route 66 Restaurant on the to do list.

Time to go mischief hunting!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

For those of you who have followed this thread, I made a post about a 50-ish year old lady pushing an octogenarian in a wheel chair.  

Well, as luck has it, saw them again this a.m….in the same hallway to my cabin….maybe within 75 feet of me.

Loudly, upon seeing me, the 50-ish lady loudly proclaims to me…”DON’T RUN OVER US….DON’T RUN OVER US”!!!!

I was walking at a slow pace.  Went backwards until i could find a way to allow them a clear path.

LOL!

• Haha 13

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

For those of you who have followed this thread, I made a post about a 50-ish year old lady pushing an octogenarian in a wheel chair.  

Well, as luck has it, saw them again this a.m….in the same hallway to my cabin….maybe within 75 feet of me.

Loudly, upon seeing me, the 50-ish lady loudly proclaims to me…”DON’T RUN OVER US….DON’T RUN OVER US”!!!!

I was walking at a slow pace.  Went backwards until i could find a way to allow them a clear path.

LOL!

Where is this hallway so that I can avoid a confrontation? I am not as patient and tolerant as you, though she could also potentially provide comic relief. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Where is this hallway so that I can avoid a confrontation? I am not as patient and tolerant as you, though she could also potentially provide comic relief. 

LOL….deck 13, forward hallway!

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1

Another port I had no plans for that turned out well…. Bar Harbor.  Must say, whether has been great (so far) this entire cruise!

While not really poor service, I can tell this is the last cruise this year for this itinerary.  It’s a few things that give it away.  Port dis/embarkations are a little disorganized.  No biggie, just an observation.

Promised some poetic justice.

As has been the case with me this cruise (or most of my cruises for that matter), I plan very little.

By the time I decided to do something in Bar Harbor, all NCL excisions were sold out.  

@Crazy planning mom suggestion of Oly’s Trolly sounded like a good one…except…they were done for the season.  My fault…didn’t plan.

So, I was just going to disembark and wander…again!  Line to disembark to the tenders was a couple fights of stairs backed up.  No problem…I’ll wait…until, some big dude with his equally big wife/gF go storming past us to the front of the line.  This didn’t sit well with those of us in line, and we made it known.  They didn’t care.  They ignored our protestations.

Until, a crew member came to this of us at the end of the line and stated if we were able to walk to the other disembarkation doors on the other end of the ship, they had another tender that was smaller and could only take 30 guests.  Not everyone could make that trek and decided to wait for the Bigger Tender.

Off we traipse to the small tender, with line cutters backtracking to try to get on the small tender.  They couldn’t get on as we were already full.

Talked to crew when I embarked after returning from Bar Harbor.  Apparently, line cutters then made a dash back to the big tender on the other end (again), that tender had already left, too.

Poetic Justice…warmed my heart!!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 11

7 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Another port I had no plans for that turned out well…. Bar Harbor.  Must say, whether has been great (so far) this entire cruise!

While not really poor service, I can tell this is the last cruise this year for this itinerary.  It’s a few things that give it away.  Port dis/embarkations are a little disorganized.  No biggie, just an observation.

Promised some poetic justice.

As has been the case with me this cruise (or most of my cruises for that matter), I plan very little.

By the time I decided to do something in Bar Harbor, all NCL excisions were sold out.  

@Crazy planning mom suggestion of Oly’s Trolly sounded like a good one…except…they were done for the season.  My fault…didn’t plan.

So, I was just going to disembark and wander…again!  Line to disembark to the tenders was a couple fights of stairs backed up.  No problem…I’ll wait…until, some big dude with his equally big wife/gF go storming past us to the front of the line.  This didn’t sit well with those of us in line, and we made it known.  They didn’t care.  They ignored our protestations.

Until, a crew member came to this of us at the end of the line and stated if we were able to walk to the other disembarkation doors on the other end of the ship, they had another tender that was smaller and could only take 30 guests.  Not everyone could make that trek and decided to wait for the Bigger Tender.

Off we traipse to the small tender, with line cutters backtracking to try to get on the small tender.  They couldn’t get on as we were already full.

Talked to crew when I embarked after returning from Bar Harbor.  Apparently, line cutters then made a dash back to the big tender on the other end (again), that tender had already left, too.

Poetic Justice…warmed my heart!!!!

They storm amongst us. 
Karma works in mysterious ways. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5