Prima TA 9/23/22 to 10/5/22 Semi-Live, Not

JIMESOPUS

4 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

depending how wide the ocean boulevard is below you, in the aft ( food hall ) you can look into deck 9 and 10 balcony's, mid section the " roof " limits the views, The Prima has the same issues as the Away ships when it comes to the views from your balcony, if you love the ocean you need to go higher.  

Thanks.....when I booked there was nothing higher than 10. We are mid section. I remember being concerned about our view of the ocean. ugh! 

33 minutes ago, Papadog said:

I was wondering, when you were in Iceland were you able to see the Northern Lights or was the weather to bad, if you paid for a tour was your money refunded,

Didn't see the Northern Lights, heavy cloud cover, have heard that the folks who booked thru the ship got their money back.

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I agree and as I recall the dinner was nothing special, certainly not something I'd consider paying for if there wasn't a cirque style show happening too.

In fact, IIRC, the only distinctive thing about the dinner other than the included entertainment was that there were less choices than a normal dinner.

4 hours ago, steamboats said:

Nevertheless, that´s why they let you pay for it... It´s "Dinner Entertainment", not regarded as a regular show.

Regular entertainment is free.

steamboats

However, they would not let you book Cirque and say no to the dinner making it free entertainment.

4 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

In fact, IIRC, the only distinctive thing about the dinner other than the included entertainment was that there were less choices than a normal dinner.

Right - I vaguely recall it being like a wedding or banquet: meat, fish or vegetable choices.

2 hours ago, The P said:

I read a review that said there are robes only in suites and the Haven. Do you know if you're not in those choices you can still ask and get one?

None in our cabin, Balcony / BA .. never asked for one

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Papadog said:

I was wondering, when you were in Iceland were you able to see the Northern Lights or was the weather to bad, if you paid for a tour was your money refunded,

We barely saw them above the cloud cover for a few minutes about 12:30am the day we arrived in Reykjavik. We had a tour booked through Viator, which they cancelled about 5pm because we wouldn't be able to see anything. My refund was back on my credit card 2 days later.

Can anyone in a BA cabin let me know how secure the locks on the balcony doors are if we are traveling with children. Disney had extra "child proof" locks installed in addition to the general heaviness of the door. How do you open the balcony door on the Prima? And does it have a secondary "high" child proof locked installed. Thank you in advance!

6 hours ago, MamaMindy said:

Can anyone in a BA cabin let me know how secure the locks on the balcony doors are if we are traveling with children. Disney had extra "child proof" locks installed in addition to the general heaviness of the door. How do you open the balcony door on the Prima? And does it have a secondary "high" child proof locked installed. Thank you in advance!

image.jpeg.11bbb12eb659546b06a53a7e950a51c7.jpeg

These are the child proof balcony door locks. As you can see they are higher up than the balcony rail.

The door opens with a handle you have to turn up or down. You can see it here.

image.jpeg.67ed6157f264342bef97950dc232a8f5.jpeg

Full cabin description can be found here.

steamboats 

• Thanks 1

Yesterday at Deal or No Deal, they opened the wrong box, which had the $1000, they gave that to the contestant, never seen that before. Last night we had two shows, caught the first set at Sid's then ran down to the theater to catch a laser light show called Sensoria. Dinner last night was at Hasuki, the chef we had was fantastic.  

IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Papadog said:

Did you go to Peggy's Cove?  Did the  HURRICANE  do any damage?

No we just walked around Halifax today, NCL did have excursions for Peggy's Cove today. Walking around we didn't see any damage in the downtown or around the pier. Still don't have a clue why we didn't dock there. They weren't ready for us today, was a mess down there, delayed over 1hr, wasn't NCL fault, staying an extra hour tonight.

• Like 1

From our walk around in Halifax, the port was ill prepared for our arrival and with high tide it took several hours to get a gangway in place. The Prima has a built in stairs for emergency use, starboard side but it's was challenging for those who went that way.

IMG_3151.JPG

IMG_3149 (1).JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3147 (1).JPG

IMG_3143.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

• Like 6