Current Lists of Wine on Board (2022/23)

luv2travel90266

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

When asking about Ultimate Package  inclusions in Discoveries last night on board Onward  I was presented with this menu….

(Hopefully photo loads.)

Any recommendations for the reds?

8A477D88-DDC0-4B7A-B348-977F11838C76.jpeg

Mmmm. Tough to actually recommend anything on there. If you like Pinot, the Estancia is probably the best of a pretty 'meh' bunch.

That new group sommelier can't arrive soon enough.

1 hour ago, Stem to Stern said:

When asking about Ultimate Package  inclusions in Discoveries last night on board Onward  I was presented with this menu….

(Hopefully photo loads.)

Mmmm. Tough to actually recommend anything on there. If you like Pinot, the Estancia is probably the best of a pretty 'meh' bunch.

That new group sommelier can't arrive soon enough.

Still on Azamara’ website

CORKAGE POLICY

Azamara® offers a wide selection of international liquors, beer and fine wines onboard. You may bring your own favorite liquor, beer or wine for private consumption in your suite or stateroom. If you wish to consume your liquor, beer or wine in any shipboard restaurant, bar or dining venue, each bottle is subject to a corkage fee of $10.”

I have heard some have been charged higher corkage. Hopefully management is honoring what is published. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pizzasteve said:

A friend used to be Education VP at C St M.  If lucky you folks may see their Joint venture reisling made with Dr Loosen called Eroica.  Their Washington State Reisling and Cabs can be very nice. If you happen to be in Wash State, Google Joel Butler and visit his wine shop.  Among Americas most distinguished MWs.

Maybe Azamara’s team will read this and consult with him. Would be happy to make an intro. Easy flight from So Cal for a VC team junket trip.

I'd be pleasantly surprised to see Eroica on the Ultimate list but I have a hunch that isn't going to happen anytime soon, looking at what they currently put on the list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, federalexpress said:

I'd be pleasantly surprised to see Eroica on the Ultimate list but I have a hunch that isn't going to happen anytime soon, looking at what they currently put on the list.

Rather than an expensive wine celebrating Nappy's victories, we're more likely to get Château St. Helena...

3 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

I wonder if the selection of wines to purchase by the bottle is any improvement?

Yes it is, but you don't get a discount with the Ultimate Package.  You're best off bringing your own wine onboard; second best is buying a Connoisseur Wine Package (if you're happy with the wines available on your ship in the price range of $50-75) or just buying by the bottle to have the full selection available.

One note I didn’t realize on my last cruise was the chefs table included better paired wines that didn’t appear on the Ultimate Bev Package. As most of the cruises come on our shore intensive the  only time I’m drinking alcohol is in the evening went back on the ship. Result was paying for the daily ultimate package fee, but not using it on nights at the chef table.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

One note I didn’t realize on my last cruise was the chefs table included better paired wines that didn’t appear on the Ultimate Bev Package. As most of the cruises come on our shore intensive the  only time I’m drinking alcohol is in the evening went back on the ship. Result was paying for the daily ultimate package fee, but not using it on nights at the chef table.

Would have been the same for me.  Also each Chef's Table is one night you don't need to buy your own wine – so subtract those nights from the number of bottles you would buy in the Connoisseur Wine Package. 

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Correct.  You could look it up [history of Napoleon; final exile]

Napoleon I am very familiar with, minor academic interest at school, but also did Napoleonic war gaming (don't laugh). I guess Elba just wasn't far enough..

As it happened, I did look up St Helena winery and there is one, small scale and very expensive reds not likely to be sighted any time soon on the Ultimate list.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, norn iron said:

These are three screenshots from Vivino of the Shiraz currently being served onboard Quest.

Well sourced and of good quality. I wont post the price in case it offends those who believe house wines should be expensive.

314FE1E6-DF6D-43FB-9992-4E14D80FD20B.jpeg

F4C1DC74-C2DC-4A71-940F-82C0F57B5EE2.jpeg

D4851BBE-691A-41EE-B5F2-F88D5760A35F.jpeg

Is that one of the included wines? I'd be OK with that on the Ultimate list, it's better than some showing on the most recent menu for those. It's the entry level wine of Cotarella, a very respected Italian winemaker.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, federalexpress said:

Is that one of the included wines? I'd be OK with that on the Ultimate list, it's better than some showing on the most recent menu for those. It's the entry level wine of Cotarella, a very respected Italian winemaker.

Yes, its on the included list.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:46 AM, Stem to Stern said:

(Hopefully photo loads.)

Pinot noir update:

Tonight upon being seated for dinner in Discoveries I inquired about a super Tuscan I sampled the previous night while waiting in the Prime C bar to be seated.  I was presented with this menu again.  I chose the Estancia pinot noir.  I was presented with Meiomi Pinot noir.

Edited by Stem to Stern

34 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Pinot noir update:

Tonight upon being seated for dinner in Discoveries I inquired about a super Tuscan I sampled the previous night while waiting in the Prime C bar to be seated.  I was presented with this menu again.  I chose the Estancia pinot noir.  I was presented with Meiomi Pinot noir.

A quick internet check says Meiomi sells for more than Estancia, and my own experience is that I prefer Meiomi over Estancia.  Do you agree?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, norn iron said:

Yes, its on the included list.

Well things seem to be looking up for the included wines. You won't go too far wrong drinking that one. What I find bizarre is that it is a better wine, and quite a bit more expensive, than the Merlot on the Ultimate list that was recently posted. They know not what they do....

8 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Do you agree?

Meiomi is a go-to wine at home.  So when I saw that Meiomi bottle it was like I saw a long lost friend.  LOL. Throughly enjoyed it throughout the evening.  Learning of and trying out some new cocktail concoctions suggested by new friends on board who are seasoned cruisers and consumers.😳🤩

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Meiomi is a go-to wine at home.  So when I saw that Meiomi bottle it was like I saw a long lost friend.  LOL. Throughly enjoyed it throughout the evening.  Learning of and trying out some new cocktail concoctions suggested by new friends on board who are seasoned cruisers and consumers.😳🤩

I tried lots of the gin & vodka cocktails on Quest last month - loved Berry Berry Gin - Gin & Chambord.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

A quick internet check says Meiomi sells for more than Estancia, and my own experience is that I prefer Meiomi over Estancia.  Do you agree?

I haven’t tried Estancia so cannot compare. Meiomi was not really for my palate: with sugar content of 17 g/l, it tasted too syrupy. It’s just me though; in that price range, my favourite Californian Pinot Noir would be Three Thieves.