Carnival Sunrise

printman52

We just came back from a 5-day carnival sunrise cruise on Saturday 19th out of Miami. after a 2 yrs. absent because of covid. our experience was not that great we are a gold card member 1 cruise away from platinum but after being away for 2 years all is not the same with carnival.

1. there food was not up to par 

2. our mini freezer was broken, and they did not have a replacement for it

3. there is no longer turn down service for the cabins

4. to get a bucket with ice was a challenge

5. the sitting on the lido buffet booth many many seats were cracked or broken

6. the tender exit on Cayman Island they took us thru IS WHERE they store the trash. everyone was complaining of the smell.

7. the rugs everywhere were old looking with some areas with huge stains looks disgusting

8. Rico the cruise director was awful very annoying person 

if they spend 200 million on this ship to fix in 2019 someone got rodded. 

looks like we are going to start looking to other cruise lines

CARNIVAL YOU DROPPED THE BALL.

thumbnail.jpg

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, printman52 said:

looks like we are going to start looking to other cruise lines

CARNIVAL YOU DROPPED THE BALL.

I totally agree (and have said that here before).  I've been on both Radiance and Sunrise since they both supposedly had their $200 million renovations.  They did a much better job on Radiance, Sunrise is the exact example of lipstick on a pig.  

And even with Radiance looking much more like a newer ship, these are still old ships being refurbished and you will find issues stemming from that.  One of my travel companions had a constant leak/drip from the sprinkler system head in their cabin (which kept a large portion of their carpet damp the entire cruise).  

6 hours ago, printman52 said:

WOW, Sunrise just recently had another dry dock a few months ago. April 23, 2022 to May 25, 2022. It certainly sounds as if the ball may have been dropped concerning routine hotel maintenance & cosmetic enhancements. 

Thank you for your update. Very disheartening...

20220925-164944.jpg

😔

3 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

We just got off the Sunrise a week and a half ago. Was it our best cruise? No.

But it sounds like you were specifically looking for the bad things. We experienced more guests behaving badly than the shape of the ship. Still not complaining. 

sounds to me like the OP gave an objective opinion, which included legitimate problems.

also sounds to me like you are a Carnival apologist.  If you don't care about sub-par experience, that is your business, but most of us want to get what we paid for, which is a decent experience.

1 hour ago, Nachosdelux said:

sounds to me like the OP gave an objective opinion, which included legitimate problems.

also sounds to me like you are a Carnival apologist.  If you don't care about sub-par experience, that is your business, but most of us want to get what we paid for, which is a decent experience.

I truly do not care what anything sounds like to you. 

Were you on this ship recently? Don't think so.

I was on her 1.5 weeks ago, and none of OP's complaints ring a bell. Maybe 1 Lido sofa had cracks and they took a pic. But all furniture and carpet we've seen were in good shape, food was the exact same as on other ships.

After 30 cruises on Carnival, I've come to know what to expect and Sunrise didn't disappoint. 

As mentioned earlier, the behavior of guests (fights breaking out, children throwing food in hallways and elevators, etc) was disturbing, but not the shape of the ship.

• Like 1

OMG how funny. Cruisesfun65 1 lido sofa had a crack how about a great deal of them. maybe you don't expect good service, but we do. we went on the glory last month that supposed to be an old ship and I can tell you it was 100% better than the sunrise. if you like to be boarded on a tender to the Cayman Island thru the garbage storage area then be it but not us. 

I was on the Sunrise back in February and, while she's certainly an older ship, I didn't see most of the issues mentioned.  I thought the food was fine (and this, coming lately from a cruise on Mardi Gras).  My biggest complaint about the Sunrise and that sailing was the wi-fi, which was dreadfully slow.

13 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

To be fair, everyone's opinions are subjective (not objective), including OP's and cruisesfun65's.  And yours, for that matter.  Everyone provides feedback based on their own experiences and POV.  I believe that both are likely to be valid and truthful, just seen from a different lens.

• Like 1

She's honestly one of my favorite ships.

It's funny.  Most of the fine folks I meet onboard every time I cruise are having great times and are interesting, nice people.  Sometimes I notice a few things that require maintenance but rarely (never?) anything egregious; Sunrise is no different. Oh, and I've personally never had an 'inedible' meal in the MDR.

See you onboard.  (Or not; your call.) 

• Like 1

Got off the Sunrise Thu 9/15 after 5 nights (Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk).  The mini fridge in my cabin and my friend's cabin did not work (Oceanview 2259 and 2421).  I brought this to the attention of our steward on day 1 but he just kinda shrugged his shoulders.

Other than that I thought the ship was in good working order and would sail on her again.

Edit: R-R-R-R-R-Rico was annoying.

Edited by highcorral25

5 minutes ago, highcorral25 said:

Got off the Sunrise Thu 9/15 after 5 nights (Nassau, Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk).  The mini fridge in my cabin and my friend's cabin did not work (Oceanview 2259 and 2421).  I brought this to the attention of our steward on day 1 but he just kinda shrugged his shoulders.

Sadly those are coolers not fridges.

Perhaps this is another situation of the evap fridge not working 'well'.  As others have suggested, getting airspace to the back of them is critical.  Slide them as far forward as possible.  They work just like an RV fridge and need their airspace.  We tweaked our's outward last week on Valor and she perked up nicely.