Wine question

Mrgoodbar

I am not sure about several bottles but I can tell you that I was on Panorama 2 weeks ago and purchased one bottle of wine at the 50% discount in the steakhouse on the first night. It didn’t even occur to me to ask for more than one. 

Edited by redsox1584

Yeah, you can buy multiple but it's more of a what you can consume deal, not unlimited to take back to the cabin, so like 2-3 should be no problem and then maybe taking the rest of the open one back to the cabin but not full bottles, all will be opened/served, at least a glass and the last bottle (if unfinished) can be taken back. They aren't going to let you just buy like 5-10 for the whole cruise or anything.  

35 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Yeah, you can buy multiple but it's more of a what you can consume deal, not unlimited to take back to the cabin, so like 2-3 should be no problem and then maybe taking the rest of the open one back to the cabin but not full bottles, all will be opened/served, at least a glass and the last bottle (if unfinished) can be taken back. They aren't going to let you just buy like 5-10 for the whole cruise or anything.  

Actually on the Sunrise in December our waiter DID offer that option.  She said we could buy as many as we wanted at half price but they could only be consumed in the MDR or Steakhouse.   Idk how many would have been the end point but it was an option.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

The next obvious question would be do you need to eat in the steakhouse to get the offer. Can you go there on the first night and purchase a bottle for use in the MDR?

yes you do need to eat in the steakhouse.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 80sGal said:

Actually on the Sunrise in December our waiter DID offer that option.  She said we could buy as many as we wanted at half price but they could only be consumed in the MDR or Steakhouse.   Idk how many would have been the end point but it was an option.  

It used to be hit or miss with this (ship dependent) but it's been reported by several folks that they were limited to what they could consume on recent cruises (my experience also). It seems they have tightened up and going with the consumption route now. Drink up! 😁  

Edited by cruisingguy007

2 hours ago, Schoifmom said:

On the Splendor in July we were allowed to purchase 1 bottle per person at 50% off.  They even charged our S&S cards separately.

Interesting, did you finish the bottle and ask for another? I can see them doing this if you state off the bat that you want to buy multiple without consuming much, on the other hand, if you drink through bottles, they are more amenable to allowing for additional purchases.

3 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Interesting, did you finish the bottle and ask for another? I can see them doing this if you state off the bat that you want to buy multiple without consuming much, on the other hand, if you drink through bottles, they are more amenable to allowing for additional purchases.

We were only planning to buy two anyway.  We normally only have a glass each at dinner, meaning that two bottles covers 4 meals.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Ah, I see, so it was plenty then with some leftovers for the cabin. Good deal. 

True, but we were specifically told we could only buy one each before we told her how many we wanted to buy.  This may have been a one-off, but someone else may have been terribly surprised if they intended to purchase more.