Live report- Britannia 223

db51

1 minute ago, db51 said:

She’s here5153289F-5C83-4154-B3BB-210AFD0147DA.thumb.jpeg.316bcef77dfb2d188e4878fc66bf0cc0.jpeg

View out of our Southampton Harbour and Spa balcony; beautiful hotel, lovely views but so noisy - even 2 floors down we could hear the music from the bar until after midnight- we won’t be staying here again! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, db51 said:

View out of our Southampton Harbour and Spa balcony; beautiful hotel, lovely views but so noisy - even 2 floors down we could hear the music from the bar until after midnight- we won’t be staying here again! 

Oh that’s a shame, the view from your window/balcony looks identical to ours.  We were probably on floor 7 or 8.  Never heard a thing.

I am wondering if there was a wedding on? I did double check before we booked to ensure there wasn’t a function on because I had heard of other noise complaints.  It is such a handy hotel, so close to the ship.

Hope you enjoy your cruise more than the hotel.

Got through check in fairly promptly and then sat in the shed for the best part of an hour before we could get through security and onto the ship. Britannia looks spic and span. Sindhu not open tonight, but managed to book beach house for later in the week. That's 2 formal nights avoided, but will probably do the other 2.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Got through check in fairly promptly and then sat in the shed for the best part of an hour before we could get through security and onto the ship. Britannia looks spic and span. Sindhu not open tonight, but managed to book beach house for later in the week. That's 2 formal nights avoided, but will probably do the other 2.

Have fun!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

Having just got off B222 i dodged all four formal nights.  Didn't even take my suit this time.  I was surprised how few places were barred to non-black tie.  Enjoy the Beach House

• Like 3

On 10/3/2022 at 1:27 AM, Red Leicester said:

Having just got off B222 i dodged all four formal nights.  Didn't even take my suit this time.  I was surprised how few places were barred to non-black tie.  Enjoy the Beach House

Just arrived in A coruna. Its dark. Sindhu is closed for the whole of this cruise. The house band ,pulse, couldn't play in the late lounge due to " Operational reasons ". P&O must have this mind set that causes them to treat customers as idiots. Having a little chat with one of the entertainment team revealed why. Also the betting is no masks until the second week. A few being worn. The ship has around 3,500 passengers onboard. Will we be OK ?. Watch this space.😷🤔

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

"The house band, Pulse, couldn't play in the late lounge due to " Operational reasons ". P&O must have this mind set that causes them to treat customers as idiots. Having a little chat with one of the entertainment team revealed why."

Was the reason Covid?

44 minutes ago, bbtablet said:

"The house band, Pulse, couldn't play in the late lounge due to " Operational reasons ". P&O must have this mind set that causes them to treat customers as idiots. Having a little chat with one of the entertainment team revealed why."

Was the reason Covid?

On our recent Britannia trip to the Baltic (which we missed most of) covid was rife. Even the captain, medical dept and Carnival admitted it. Seems maybe nothing has changed and they will wait a couple of days before bringing in compulsary measures once again.

It's apparently gone the same on Queen Victoria at present sadly. Almost identical, fine for a time and then it spread and masks compulsory.   Identical booking terms, ie no testing, health questionnaire.

Host Hattie is onboard and sadly her OH is one infected whilst she's okay but definitely had her cruise severely disrupted.

1 hour ago, bbtablet said:

Was the reason Covid?

One of them got it.

• Thanks 2

How long is this current cruise?  I see Britannia is due in Palma on 7th, where does she go next?  It can't be too long before her Atlantic crossing to the Caribbean.  It will be an interesting measure once she starts her regular ex Barbados sailings as passengers flying out to join her have to take an observed LFT so a proper comparison on whether no testing affects cases might become possible.

• Like 2

We've been on Britannia a number of times and have always finished up with a terrible cough and so have many people others, so I fully expect that to happen again. We've also come across Norovirus on various ships. In our experience there are plenty of people that completely ignore all hygiene precautions and many don't use hand gel or wash hands prior to dining unless there is a member of staff. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, dgs1956 said:

We've been on Britannia a number of times and have always finished up with a terrible cough and so have many people others, so I fully expect that to happen again. We've also come across Norovirus on various ships. In our experience there are plenty of people that completely ignore all hygiene precautions and many don't use hand gel or wash hands prior to dining unless there is a member of staff. 

Interesting you say that I each morning my mouth was really dry waking up and then I have developed a (non-COVID) cough since disembarking from Britannia on Sunday.  I put it down to the aircon.  Hasn't happened on other ships.

40 minutes ago, Red Leicester said:

Interesting you say that I each morning my mouth was really dry waking up and then I have developed a (non-COVID) cough since disembarking from Britannia on Sunday.  I put it down to the aircon.  Hasn't happened on other ships.

I'm not surprised. We've never experienced it on other ships but always on Britannia.

14 hours ago, dgs1956 said:

I'm not surprised. We've never experienced it on other ships but always on Britannia.

This has reminded me that I should pack some eyedrops for our next cruise.  We've just come back from another Air Con heavy holiday and my eyes were so, so dry and uncomfortable.

Best be prepared!

It is a shame to read that in this day and age though that there is no encouragement or enforcement to hand washing or sanitising.

I've only ever done RCI cruises before and even pre-pandemic they were encouraging use, especially in the buffet (obviously due to Noro risk, rather than Covid, but still).

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Shelley61 said:

This has reminded me that I should pack some eyedrops for our next cruise.  We've just come back from another Air Con heavy holiday and my eyes were so, so dry and uncomfortable.

Best be prepared!

It is a shame to read that in this day and age though that there is no encouragement or enforcement to hand washing or sanitising.

I've only ever done RCI cruises before and even pre-pandemic they were encouraging use, especially in the buffet (obviously due to Noro risk, rather than Covid, but still).

It seems that the band member had symptoms but is testing negative, so they are playing again. Perhaps the coughs are due to the passengers singing away to all the entertainment,  we have never had such a selection.They must have had a rethink on the variety. The Paloma Faith tribute went down a Storm .Lots of new acts. Sindhu is shut for the whole cruise, but the quality seems OK in the others. I would like to say good, but still early days. MDR fairly good, Glass house quite good, beach house goodish, Limelight surprisingly quite good ish. OK the food so far is a grudgingly good. A fair few coughs around, but I haven't heard any reports of you know what, but expect to hear them in the next week. Good cruise so far.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Got so excited about arriving in Majorca with the sun breaking out that I forgot the pictures from the glass house.

The pics of the starter went upside-down, so I did a Brian and deleted it. Very tasty though.

20221005_185047.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Got so excited about arriving in Majorca with the sun breaking out that I forgot the pictures from the glass house.

The pics of the starter went upside-down, so I did a Brian and deleted it. Very tasty though.

20221005_185047.jpg

Steak looks nice.

Are you meant to eat the garlic ? It will certainly help you in the social distancing department !

Next time, tell them your name is Graham,  and they will give you more than six chips !

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8