HAL really cooperative when we cancelled after damage from Hurricane IAN

Caribbean Chris

Called our TA on Friday and together we were on phone for about 90 minutes while she worked out the logistics with HAL. We were re-booked on a spring cruise using our same OBC which would have expired 12/31/22. Refunds for remaining cash paid and credit back to a gift card used for final payment. 

We were due to leave home next week for 2 week New England/Canada cruise. Can’t even think about packing much less being away from home while we are trying to get repair people, are cleaning up all the downed landscaping, and still waiting to get power.

We are so very fortunate to have had only minor property damage and our home is intact. After we got cell service back and saw devastating damage and loss of life just south of us, we are extremely thankful just to have survived.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Good that they did that.  We, too, found such devastation with our friends in Sanibel, particularly.  I have nothing else on my mind, generally speaking.  This forum is a good escape at the moment. Something else to think about.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Good news on the hal front.  I hope everyone in the path of this terrible weather will come out of it ok.

Yes, it was great that they worked with us without any hesitation. So often people join Cruise Critic just to bash a cruise line and I wanted to give credit where due. 

• Like 6

So glad to hear they worked with you! They did something similar for us when we couldn’t get to FL in April for a spring break cruise. 

Our situation was much different but it was due to weather (massive thunderstorms) and a glitch in Southwest’s systems that disrupted hundreds of flights including ours.  We found out too late to make the drive down from the DC area.

Our PCC at HAL rebooked us and even carried over our OBC - even though we had no trip insurance - because of the massive outage. Several other passengers also missed flights to FL and couldn’t board so we weren’t an isolated group.

Definitely appreciate my PCC and HAL - I have 4 more cruises already booked through Feb.

• Like 1