Canada doesn't require a covid test (since Sept 30), but SailSafe (as of Sept 3) states a test is required for over 12yr olds

Always Cruising

If I go to NCL's website and click the "learn more" link in the All Cruisers welcome bar at the top I see this:

For Sailings on or after September 30, 2022:

Canada has removed all COVID-19 entry restrictions for all travelers regardless of citizenship. Guests will no longer have to:

submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website

provide proof of vaccination

undergo pre- or on-arrival testing

carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation

monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

For all sailings September 3, 2022 and beyond:

For all cruises (unless country requirements differ – refer to Cruise Travel Requirements by Country.

Age Vaccinated Unvaccinated
< 11 years No testing requirement. No testing requirement.
≥ 12 years No testing requirement. Proof of a medically supervised negative PCR or Antigen test taken no more than 72 hours prior to embarkation is required.

2 hours ago, Uff da said:

If I go to NCL's website and click the "learn more" link in the All Cruisers welcome bar at the top I see this:

For Sailings on or after September 30, 2022:

Canada has removed all COVID-19 entry restrictions for all travelers regardless of citizenship. Guests will no longer have to:

submit public health information through the ArriveCAN app or website

provide proof of vaccination

undergo pre- or on-arrival testing

carry out COVID-19-related quarantine or isolation

monitor and report if they develop signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon arriving to Canada.

That's Canada's requirements.  Not NCL's.

• Like 1

The testing/vaccination rules are so dynamic, as rules vary by nation AND by cruise company.  The safest recourse probably is to call the cruiseline help-desk directly and ask what is required.  That's what I plan to do for all my cruises scheduled within the next year.

It's too easy to misinterpret something and get left holding the bag.

2 hours ago, styxfire said:

It's too easy to misinterpret something and get left holding the bag.

I have my vaccination card and both NCL and Canada have clearly stated that I don't need to take a test to cruise to Canada.  If something is wrong in that equation, I'll just pay for a test at the Port.  If I were to call NCL, there's a chance I would get the new guy and be told that I need to test (despite what is clearly stated in writing by both Canada and NCL).  Would I get tested?  No.

3 hours ago, goldmom said:

Testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

For all sailings September 3, 2022 and beyond:

For all cruises (unless country requirements differ – refer to Cruise Travel Requirements by Country.

Age Vaccinated Unvaccinated
< 11 years No testing requirement. No testing requirement.
≥ 12 years No testing requirement. Proof of a medically supervised negative PCR or Antigen test taken no more than 72 hours prior to embarkation is required.

3 hours ago, goldmom said:

See above post.  Testing is only required if the over 12 yo is unvaccinated.

Not applicable to this thread since the OP is asking about Canada. Falls under the "Cruise Travel Requirement by Country". 

Post #2 has the correct information for Canada. 

Edited by BirdTravels

We have ports in Spain on our November cruise.  They had been requiring vaccination plus a booster last I saw (pretty recently).  No problem anyway because we have the booster and they were not asking vaccinated people to test.  However they seem to have dropped their requirements too. 

1 hour ago, LaMcG said:

The way I take it is since Canada dropped their restrictions we go by the NCL policy. Here is a screenshot of it. 

93806ABD-FD09-48E3-A575-AF0B59CEA407.jpeg

You are correct. NCL should now remove the Canada-specific section now as it just leads to confusion by saying “all dropped”. 

• Like 1