Suite passengers drink less?

mfs2k

Celebrity includes the Premium drink package in most suite fares.

Is this because they've determined that suite passengers drink less than other passengers and it's a cheap give-away? 

• Haha 5

Includes vs. Classic, or includes period?  Not sure which way you're asking it.

In either case, I'd expect it's one of the ways that Celebrity goes about justifying the high differential in $ per square foot for suite pricing, assuming someone might say, "Yeah, it's expensive, but I get..."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Is this because they've determined that suite passengers drink less than other passengers and it's a cheap give-away? 

Not sure having the classic vs premium is an indicator of how much people drink. We drink the same regardless, but don’t have a taste for fancy cocktails or spirits so when we had the premium, made no difference to us

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, C4HCG said:

Not sure having the classic vs premium is an indicator of how much people drink. We drink the same regardless, but don’t have a taste for fancy cocktails or spirits so when we had the premium, made no difference to us

I’m comparing suite included premium to cruise only fares in lower categories. 
not premium vs classic. 

Another factor is even if drink package wasn’t included with suites , you could drink all day and night for free in suite lounge , celebrity suite lounge is far superior to rccl which gives you a 3 hour free drink window . If suite lounge doesn’t have what you like they will normally get it so you can drink it on next visit . We have always booked celebrity suites ( first celebrity cruise we booked balcony and was upgraded to suite, that’s what hooked us )

• Like 2

All the perks aren’t always included in suite fares.   There are some cruises with cruise only fares. It is a perk and not an amenity of the lower end suites 

On some cruises the perks are included, but you will find cruises that do offer cruise fare only for the lower end suites. 

There are many passengers that like the extra space in suites and don’t need all the perks.  They could be Zenith or are content with the drinks in the retreat lounge.     They may not need or want to have the internet.  The only thing they have to pay more for is the gratuities and may be able to pay for that thru OBC from a future cruise booking and stockholder benefit.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

I like getting the premium beverage package being included with my suite on Celebrity.  This frees me from having to go to the Retreat lounge whenever i would like an adult beverage.  Our favorite place for relaxation on Solstice class is the Ensemble Lounge, right outside the Retreat lounge and while it is easy to get up and go into the lounge for a drink, it's easier just to order one at the bar in the Ensemble Lounge.  

I am also very fond of Bailey's and coffee at Cafe al Bacio.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I realize I am just one data point but I don't drink any less (or more) when I am in a suite vs. when I am in a standard room.

Me either.   But I wouldn’t pay the current suite prices if they didn’t include the Premium Beverages, premium wi-fi, gratuities and OBC.  Those make it a all inclusive vacation. 

• Like 7

For me it’s also to do with the wines. I’m very fussy. I like good wine. I generally will try the premium wines & then will more likely order a bottle as they are often better. I get a discount on the bottles so it’s a win for me. I drink white. Dh red so he does the same. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wineoclock said:

For me it’s also to do with the wines. I’m very fussy. I like good wine. I generally will try the premium wines & then will more likely order a bottle as they are often better. I get a discount on the bottles so it’s a win for me. I drink white. Dh red so he does the same. 

How much of a discount does one receive on a bottle if two of you have a premium beverage package ?

It seems logical one  should get a credit of $15 x 4 glasses = $60 per bottle

59 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

How much of a discount does one receive on a bottle if two of you have a premium beverage package ?

Discount is 20%

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

One could say that $15 X 6 would be even closer to equitable, but unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.  

18 hours ago, mfs2k said:

IMO if I was affording a suite I'd be spending a lot more time in it than a normal cabin, and I'd be drinking IN the suite (at cost obviously since drink package drinks aren't coverered for room service).  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

IMO if I was affording a suite I'd be spending a lot more time in it than a normal cabin, and I'd be drinking IN the suite (at cost obviously since drink package drinks aren't coverered for room service).  

Depending upon the suite, your preferred drink will be waiting for you when you arrive at your cabin.

Granted, that covers only a fairly small % of suites...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

Depending upon the suite, your preferred drink will be waiting for you when you arrive at your cabin.

That's the % of suites I wish I was affording hahah.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

We had a bar set up of gin, my choice & JD, Dhs choice when we were in PH. In CS this time so no bar set up. I’m sure we will cope 😂

• Haha 1