QV Formal Nights

Minnie29

12 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

I’m cruising on QV in December and wonder where I can find out which nights will be formal nights on my cruise? 
thank you

You can find the dress code and theme schedule for your cruise in the daily calendar section of My Cunard for your booking. Or you can check the master dress code and theme schedule I've compiled for the "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2021-22" sticky on this forum. I'll post the link to the QV schedule here for your reference. But do double-check what your daily calendar says in My Cunard to make sure what I've compiled hasn't changed.

QV 2022 Dress Code and Theme Schedule

Edited by bluemarble

Note that the daily calendar is your best source [and the source for the compiled schedule] it may not be totally reliable - for example, the daily calendar shows incorrect port dates [shows Southampton on 31 October, actual is 1 November].

The month and wee views show the correct ports - but does no show format nights & themes.

15 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

I’m cruising on QV in December and wonder where I can find out which nights will be formal nights on my cruise? 
thank you

Every night can be formal, if one wishes.  The published dress code onboard will state a minimum compliance standard.

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Every night can be formal, if one wishes.  The published dress code onboard will state a minimum compliance standard.

Just as every night can be non-formal, depending on where one wishes to dine. I should imagine most female passengers, in particular, would find it helpful to know how many designated Gala Nights there are, so they can bring enough different outfits.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Just as every night can be non-formal, depending on where one wishes to dine. I should imagine most female passengers, in particular, would find it helpful to know how many designated Gala Nights there are, so they can bring enough different outfits.

Agreed regarding non-formal, or casual, restricted segregated dining,  However, can dine formal in any dining venue on Cunard.

Going forward, one will be formal, or minimum semi formal (suit), on every evening, except the first, as if on a crossing.   My DW just loves formal, as it gives an opportunity to dress above cocktail.  Yes, also for one’s DW there will be many additional garments, for the usual change of mind.  

53 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Also useful to note for any newbies reading, it isn't compulsory to wear a different outfit for every Gala night.

I have to own I got a bit 'dressed out' in August and actually dared to re-wear a long dress on the last Gala session, which I wore for the first simply because it's my favourite and I know it really suits me. 

Luckily, being a tops and trousers dresser for the other evenings, I can re-wear black trousers with the different tops/jackets/over shirts.

Really, at the end of the day, unless a particular out fit is amazingly stand out'ish no one is going to notice, so you're pleasing yourself. I'd also say 'your' partner but I don't think mine would notice unless it was spectacularly awful and I don't posses anything in that category. 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Also useful to note for any newbies reading, it isn't compulsory to wear a different outfit for every Gala night.

I have to own I got a bit 'dressed out' in August and actually dared to re-wear a long dress on the last Gala session, which I wore for the first simply because it's my favourite and I know it really suits me. 

Luckily, being a tops and trousers dresser for the other evenings, I can re-wear black trousers with the different tops/jackets/over shirts.

Really, at the end of the day, unless a particular out fit is amazingly stand out'ish no one is going to notice, so you're pleasing yourself. I'd also say 'your' partner but I don't think mine would notice unless it was spectacularly awful and I don't posses anything in that category. 🙂

Quite so.  Clothes bore me, so I never mind wearing the same frock twice, and my spouse would certainly be completely oblivious. But there are some people who clearly enjoy the dressing up bit and appear in different ravishing outfits every Gala Night, so it is helpful to them to know how many to bring. Also wise to wear the tightest fitting one first.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Quite so.  Clothes bore me, so I never mind wearing the same frock twice, and my spouse would certainly be completely oblivious. But there are some people who clearly enjoy the dressing up bit and appear in different ravishing outfits every Gala Night, so it is helpful to them to know how many to bring. Also wise to wear the tightest fitting one first.

Talking of ravishing, the lady on the table behind ours had the most wonderful figure and her clothes were simply beautiful. Every single night. 

She never wore long but her dresses were outstanding and I happen to know one of them as I'd tried the same on a few months ago and looked like a sack of potatoes. Expensive ones so probably Jersey Royals at the time but still sack like.

On her, it looked the expensive garment it was. She was the epitome of why Gala dressing doesn't necessarily  mean long dresses are a must.

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

Talking of ravishing, the lady on the table behind ours had the most wonderful figure and her clothes were simply beautiful. Every single night. 

She never wore long but her dresses were outstanding and I happen to know one of them as I'd tried the same on a few months ago and looked like a sack of potatoes. Expensive ones so probably Jersey Royals at the time but still sack like.

On her, it looked the expensive garment it was. She was the epitome of why Gala dressing doesn't necessarily  mean long dresses are a must.

On our last cruise, there was a lady who was probably in her eighties, but very upright and elegant and with beautifully dressed white hair. Every Gala Night, she appeared in a dress so gorgeous that one could almost hear the entire restaurant hold its breath as she walked through.