The Real Loveboat

Ret MP

I watched the show on Wed...Before i watched the show.I called Vegas and told them that i would put

$20.000 that this show wouldn't have a Active duty Soldier or a Active Police Officer as one of the guys....Vegas wouldn't take the bet!!

Edited by mpdog42
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Real Love Boat was a bad idea from the start. The show's Australian version is having its timeslot change and is facing a possible cancellation because of extremely low ratings after its first two episodes there.

Instead of watching this program, I watched the first eight episodes of the sixth season of The Mole, which was recently revived by Netflix after being canceled by ABC in 2009 because of declining ratings after five seasons (it aired for 4 seasons from 2001-04 before being placed on hiatus, and aired its fifth season in 2008). I was supposed to watch the first five episodes of the program on the evening of October 7, but a schedule conflict forced me to watch the first five episodes split between the evenings of October 10 and 12. The final 2 episodes are slated to air on October 21.

4 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

I watched the show on Wed...Before i watched the show.I called Vegas and told them that i would put

$20.000 that this show wouldn't have a Active duty Soldier or a Active Police Officer as one of the guys....Vegas wouldn't take the bet!!

I knew a few sailors, back in the day, who would jump on the chance to meet any of the women, not that any of the women would want to meet them.  But would probably be a better cast.  So glad i can stream NCIS Hawaii during that time slot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

I knew a few sailors, back in the day, who would jump on the chance to meet any of the women, not that any of the women would want to meet them.  But would probably be a better cast.  So glad i can stream NCIS Hawaii during that time slot.

I turn to Youtube and watch reruns of Captain Kangaroo or Romper Room.  

The people that casted the full time cast/stars should be fired, immediately.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 10/6/2022 at 7:37 PM, livingonthebeach said:

That's funny -- but if you watched that show that means you run with the Holland America crowd. 🙂

Juuuuuuust a little late to respond to this one.

At least it's in color.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 7:55 AM, DirtyDawg said:

OK fellow CCer's, now that we have established that the Real Love Boat is TV garbage, what type of TV show, set on a Cruise ship, would you make. Would it be a reality TV show like the Amazing (Slow) Race, or a Survivor like show where teams compete while while trying to survive 40 days in some Royal Loft Suites? Or would it be a murder mystery show with a Diamond Plus Angela Lansbury character solving murders each week while sipping her free drinks?

I'm leaning towards a show where a Ted Lasso type character becomes the unlikely Captain is some third rate cruise line's ship named The Wingding and the cruise line could be  'Festival Cruise Line'. Captain Ted and his quirky crew could have weird and wonderful adventures while trying to sail around the globe while not actually being able to find their first port of call.  Think Ted Lasso meets Gilligan's Island. I'm thinking Scarlett Johansson as Ginger and Emily Blunt as Mary Ann. 

Discovery Channel is interested in the Ted Lasso meet Gilligan's Island idea but they are insisting that we need to add a shark as a recurring character. Hmmm? 🤔

There was/is a show on Netflix about murders taking place on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, j4lambert said:

The Real Love Boat was a bad idea from the start. The show's Australian version is having its timeslot change and is facing a possible cancellation because of extremely low ratings after its first two episodes there.

Instead of watching this program, I watched the first eight episodes of the sixth season of The Mole, which was recently revived by Netflix after being canceled by ABC in 2009 because of declining ratings after five seasons (it aired for 4 seasons from 2001-04 before being placed on hiatus, and aired its fifth season in 2008). I was supposed to watch the first five episodes of the program on the evening of October 7, but a schedule conflict forced me to watch the first five episodes split between the evenings of October 10 and 12. The final 2 episodes are slated to air on October 21.

I watched this too and I believe I know who the Mole is.In fact,I am positive that I know the identity of The Mole.

13 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Why do you watch USMC training videos?😁

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Firing would be too kind.

Make them walk the plank! 

Walking the Plank | Walking the plank, Pirates, Santa

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Cruise Ship Killers is a series about murders on a cruise ship. It's based on true stories. It's available for free on the Roku channel. 

The one I am referring to is a Spanish language two season show taking place in the 1940’s .

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Watched the first episode, which was enough for us.  Just another phony "unscripted" "reality" show.   What makes no sense is putting The Amazing Race at 10pm, too late for most young viewers.  It's won many awards and is very family friendly.  Belongs at 8pm.

That thinking is why you will never get hired as head of primetime programming at CBS. 

If you were the head of programming, you'd have made the colossal mistake of not airing these  FANTASTIC CBS shows;

Uncle Buck

Dirty Dancing

Bleep My Dad Says, and 

Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and Beyond Believable.😉

Edited by DirtyDawg

• 2 weeks later...

The Real Love Boat has been canceled by CBS after 4 episodes because of low ratings, marking the first cancellation of the 2022-23 television season. The remaining six episodes of the program will be aired on Paramount+ between November 2 and December 7.

For the next 3 weeks, The Amazing Race will be moved to the 9 pm timeslot while reruns of the network's drama programs will occupy the 10 pm timeslot. The Amazing Race will air a two-hour season finale on November 23 or November 30.

More information: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/cbs-real-love-boat-paramount-plus-1235251048/

• Like 1