The Real Loveboat

Ret MP

14 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm thinking Princess thought it would be great publicity for its brand but in reality it backfired. 

To be upfront, I'd probably never cruise Princess anyway.  But, that sealed the deal for me.  

12 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

That's funny -- but if you watched that show that means you run with the Holland America crowd. 🙂

Hey now I resent, I mean represent that remark, re-runs I tell you re-runs.

• Haha 1

It was cool to see Ted Lange on the show. Better known as Isaac  Washington from the old show.  He is 74 years old now.

XsGWI-1483632938-7240-list_items-01.gif

undefined

Everyone forgets this spin off................Love Boat .... The Next Wave in 1999

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

What? You think you would be eliminated from the "REAL Love Boat"? What makes you think that? 

I know, hard to believe with this chiseled body, Pitt looks, and Einstein mind.  Hell, I just a kid.  71 in 2 weeks.  I could take it all on that show.

Me ready to fight!.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, mek said:

I only watched it because it was between Survivor and The Amazing Race.  Silly show.

Yes, that's exactly why I watched it, and that's exactly what I thought of it.  

51 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It was cool to see Ted Lange on the show. Better known as Isaac  Washington from the old show.  He is 74 years old now.

Yes, seeing him bring out drinks was the highlight of the show for me.  I jumped right up from the sofa and said ISAAC!  I hadn't thought about him in ... maybe fourty years?  But his name came to me immediately.  Except for a head full of white hair, he looks the same.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's a really, really lame reality show. It's so bad I'd rather watch RCI's love and marriage show. If Princess thinks this is good publicity targeting the younger generation touting "love" on the high seas, they are high on something -- the average cruiser's age on Princess has to be around 85.  

The Love and Marriage show is one of my favorites!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cruisegus said:

I can't help but agree Totally.

As someone that watches most of my TV shows via DVR and fast forwards through commercials, i only quickly go back to catch when it shows and relied mostly on the name to spur interest, and find the premiere date.

Like most who commented here I was sorely disappointed to find another Very Bad example of Reality TV.  Glad to see it had dismal ratings. 

Now a good remake of the original sitcom I would have been up for, as it is that recording got less than 10 minutes before we hit "Series Delete"

I mostly watch old shows..or the stuff on Streaming...The big three have made nothing but crap in the last 10 years...I think the last decent Police show was NYPD blue...and don't get me started on NCIS😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

-- the average cruiser's age on Princess has to be around 85.  

Not so. I have sailed Princess extensively.  The demographic is a bit older than Royal but not by much. However they are more sedate and I would guess well to do than the average Royal passenger. 

I think you mean Holland America or Viking River Cruises. 

Gave this show 5 minutes!  Wasted 5 minutes!  Captain isn't a real cruise ship captain (played on Real Love Boat Australia).  Bartender imitating Isaac is just a past cruise ship entertainer (but Isaac was just an actor).  But that really is Matt!  And it did cause Amazing Race ratings to suffer.    Give it a one season run.

15 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Gave this show 5 minutes!  Wasted 5 minutes!  Captain isn't a real cruise ship captain (played on Real Love Boat Australia).  Bartender imitating Isaac is just a past cruise ship entertainer (but Isaac was just an actor).  But that really is Matt!  And it did cause Amazing Race ratings to suffer.    Give it a one season run.

Captain is most definitely a real cruise ship Captain.  

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-real-love-boat-rebecca-romijn-jerry-oconnor-ted-lange-jill-whelan-1235394123/

Ezra is currently a Princess employee.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, mek said:

I only watched it because it was between Survivor and The Amazing Race.  Silly show.

I saw some of that show too, for the same reason.

The Real Love Boat is the Titanic of TV shows.  It may have managed to limp out of its first port last week but I foresee many icebergs coming up soon on their first voyage this season. Better be on the lookout Captain! 😁

Edited by DirtyDawg

Sounds like something I want to watch on fast forward.

The only reason people watched the original was to see glimpses of actors that they liked who had washed out of other shows.  It was a formula that also worked for Fantasy island. Otherwise, the story lines were cheesy...

My favorite was seeing Jean Stapleton not as Edith, and the episode where Florence Henderson and Robert Reed run into each other at the buffet but don't say a word.

It's going to be a short list of actors left to make guest appearances from the original series. They've already used up two of the four who are still alive and able to travel. I don't think Bernie is going anywhere at his age, which leaves Grandy and Tewes. I don't count Ted McGinley and whoever the replacement McCoy was.

3 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Give it a one season run.

Couldn't they give it less?  

1 hour ago, Lane Hog said:

The only reason people watched the original was to see glimpses of actors that they liked who had washed out of other shows.  It was a formula that also worked for Fantasy island. Otherwise, the story lines were cheesy...

I watched the Original Loveboat because I was 10-12 years old and watching TV on Friday nights was all we had to do.  I loved that show, and if the story lines were cheesy, I was too young to recognize it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Unless they are lying, the Captain is a real Princess Captain, the cruise director is a real Princess cruise cruise director, and the bartender is a real Princess bartender. But, why worry about the facts, it gets your number of posts up.