Live from Coral Princess - Round Australia October 2022

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Apparently the mask mandate for ships may be removed by the state governmentsΒ  concerned as early as tomorrow.

I can't follow the state government thinking at present. Β Are they no longer worried because the state hospitals aren't being swamped? Β Where are the statistics and health advice from the health experts? Β How many people in nursing homes still have covid or long covid? Β There are more questions than answers when the people are saying "hang on a bit"!

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Apparently the mask mandate for ships may be removed by the state governmentsΒ  concerned as early as tomorrow.

That doesn't necessarily mean the cruise lines will remove the mandate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Β 

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

nor should they, keep the masks, vaccs and rats going.

• Like 3

Just now, MicCanberra said:

Cruiselines have dropped the testing requirements and mask mandates on overseas cruises as soon as they were allowed. I cannot see them behaving differently here.

I wont cruise any more if mandates are dropped. We are just following yanks and brits.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I can't follow the state government thinking at present. Β Are they no longer worried because the state hospitals aren't being swamped? Β Where are the statistics and health advice from the health experts? Β How many people in nursing homes still have covid or long covid? Β There are more questions than answers when the people are saying "hang on a bit"!

That is pretty close to the mark. It has been months since they were worried about the infection of an individual. All the way through, it has been about numbers.

Β 

Remember the original government advice, backed by state and fed CMO's - Flatten the Curve. That was all about protecting the health system from the same overload that was occurring overseas. And there it is, as each wave flattens, restrictions ease knowing the health systems can cope. The coping isn't even about covid infections, but being able to provide the appropriate treatment of all those other things that have been around before covid existed.

Β 

Restrictions, compulsory masks & testing have disappeared from everywhere but high risk settings .... and cruise ships. No longer if, but when. I can see them lifting masks/vaxx/testing for cruises up to 1 week sometime soon. Not sure it will be tomorrow, but will be before Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Cruiselines have dropped the testing requirements and mask mandates on overseas cruises as soon as they were allowed. I cannot see them behaving differently here.

I am cruising Viking Cairns to Bali on 26 October and Viking are insisting on a certified RAT for those of us embarking in Cairns. Β It is obviously a Viking policy as the current Aus policy only required self administered RAT….now to find a chemist that provides a certified test along with the other 250 pax embarking….πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

The Brit and Yank health guidance is wrong?

Foolhardy, still dying like flies over in USA and UK and cases up 15% in UK.Β  Too soon to be taking the gloves off Geoff.

16 hours ago, Cbtours said:

I saw a shuttle offered into city $39.95 each. I think it left 8.30 back 1.30??? Dropped people in city then picked up later.Β 

The cruise lines often offer the above as a shorex.Β  Β $40 is ok for a return ticket.

• Thanks 1

Today was an almost perfect sea day. Sunny all day. Warm but not too hot. Slight seas. My only complaint was that the Sanctuary pool was a tad too cold but by tomorrow it should be perfect. We even saw a very faint green flash as the sun set.Β 

• Like 4

Sounds like a perfect sunny day at sea. Im sure the Sanctuary pool will be just right as you continue north. Β  Today, Sunday, is a rare perfect sunny day in Sydney! The sun was a perfect round ball at sunrise.

Wishing you smooth sailing around Australia.

7 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like a perfect sunny day at sea. Im sure the Sanctuary pool will be just right as you continue north. Β  Today, Sunday, is a rare perfect sunny day in Sydney! The sun was a perfect round ball at sunrise.

Wishing you smooth sailing around Australia.

l unless as I've slept through it I could of sworn that it was only Saturday.πŸ˜†

• Like 1

Just now, MMDown Under said:

Oops you're right so I get to go to Dwali Festival all over again today Sunday. Β And Saturday was a perfect sunny day.

Julie, My favourite of three cafes where I had a fish meal was Dundees on the Waterfront, at Cairns Marina, not far along the waterfront from the Cairns port. Β This was an upmarket cafe, where I sat outside overlooking the river.Β 

The one in the back street on a corner was the most generous with two large pieces of fish, part of a fish meal.Β 

On 10/13/2022 at 9:45 PM, Kangakid said:

I am cruising Viking Cairns to Bali on 26 October and Viking are insisting on a certified RAT for those of us embarking in Cairns. Β It is obviously a Viking policy as the current Aus policy only required self administered RAT….now to find a chemist that provides a certified test along with the other 250 pax embarking….πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

When we cruised from Cairns to Darwin, the ship did in a hotel, prior to embarkation, Β 

Just a couple of Q's for those aboard. They must be having a great time, as it is a bit quiet.

Β 

1) Have they resumed some of the events, particularly champagne waterfall, Ultimate Balcony dining?

Β 

2) The government protocols no longer have compulsory masks - both crew and passengers up to 3% infection count, passengers only up to 10% infection count. Has anything changed aboard re masks?

15 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Just a couple of Q's for those aboard. They must be having a great time, as it is a bit quiet.

Β 

1) Have they resumed some of the events, particularly champagne waterfall, Ultimate Balcony dining?

Β 

2) The government protocols no longer have compulsory masks - both crew and passengers up to 3% infection count, passengers only up to 10% infection count. Has anything changed aboard re masks?

They did a champagne waterfall on the last cruise I did on formal night.

• Thanks 1

Just now, arxcards said:

Β 

Β 

The champagne waterfall has been happening but I'm not sure about Ultimate Balcony Dining.

Β 

Masks are still required onboard when moving around the ship and in certain locations. Also when transiting through cruise terminals. Most people are complying with this.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, arxcards said:

Β 

Β 

Carnival Splendor announced after Willis Island that masks are optional for pac and crew. Was a bit of a issue for the girls whom had to wait for their break to go and get lip stick ....and i think some boys ...... to clean it off .πŸ€£πŸ’‹πŸ™‰

18 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Carnival Splendor announced after Willis Island that masks are optional for pac and crew. Was a bit of a issue for the girls whom had to wait for their break to go and get lip stick ....and i think some boys ...... to clean it off .πŸ€£πŸ’‹πŸ™‰

Or for some of the passengers to go and put their teeth inΒ πŸ˜²πŸ˜‰

Β 

I expected Carnival to drop them as soon as they were no longer compulsory. They were having enough trouble getting passengers to wear masks on their first couple of cruises.

• Haha 3