Azamara journey will dock in Venice on May 17, and May 18, 2023.

tyler6597

I am planning a cruise leaving from Venice in April next year. We are hesitating because of not knowing where actually will Azamara dock. I was with Azamara many times in San Basilio and it is a pity that that port can not be used anymore. 

After reading that Azamara would return to Venice starting April 2023, I was very glad, but now it looks like the probably docking places are not in central Venice like San Basilio, but somewhere else.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin

In April we were due to dock in Marghera/Fusina on Quest.  We ended up in Ravenna, despite Marghera being listed by Cruisemapper, and Azamara used Ravenna for the rest of the 2022 season.  

Cruisemapper are again listing Azamara for Marghera in May.  It is also listing Viking who used a combination of Marghera and Chioggia through 2022.

Despite this Viking have confirmed to their passengers that they will continue to use Chioggia for the 2023 season.  

I hope you do get to dock in  Marghera, whilst it is nothing like the wonderful San Basilio dock, at least you are closer  to Venice.  On the upside, Ravenna is lovely, and friends who ended up in Chioggia enjoyed that too despite the hour and a half transfer by boat that they had on Viking.

• Like 1

We were on a back to back and Venice (or as it turned out Ravenna) was our final port. In fact we were given a FCC along with all those who had believed we would dock in the industrial port of Venice.  We had a couple of months notice I think but not sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Appreciate the info. How early before your cruise were you notified of the port change? Trying to plan our time. 

We were notified on 30 March for a change from Venice to Ravenna for our April 23 cruise and out August cruise. This was when the port change was notified for the whole summer season. To be fair complementary transport was provided to and from Venice airport or city and a small fcc was issued .  As a bonus we had an overnight in Ravenna,  a town we would never have visited but for the change. 

We will be disembarking Venice or somewhere on 6 May next  year also. We will see where we end up but I am confident Azamara will make sure we get to Venice airport somehow ! 

We are booked for Onwards 4th October 2023 cruise departing Venice and received notification on the 17th October 2022 that the ship would be docking in Fusina just across the lagoon from Venice. I saw reports that Quest also due to be in Venice that day would be docking in Chioggia a little further away.

From the email it looks like Azamara will be using both locations in 2023 so should be able to provide information on docking locations for every sailing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Riocca said:

We are booked for Onwards 4th October 2023 cruise departing Venice and received notification on the 17th October 2022 that the ship would be docking in Fusina just across the lagoon from Venice. I saw reports that Quest also due to be in Venice that day would be docking in Chioggia a little further away.

From the email it looks like Azamara will be using both locations in 2023 so should be able to provide information on docking locations for every sailing.

Interesting, haven't heard anything  yet for next May. 

2 minutes ago, HappyPlace1 said:
10 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

When in April is your cruise? Are you departing from Venice?

I am doing a B2B. The first leg begins and ends in Venice (April 15 - April 22) The second leg begins in Venice and ends in Rome.

Gail

Thanks I am looking at the one departing on April 22nd. 
Ivi

My post #27 is incorrect. We arrive April 14th, 2023 in Chioggia . An email I received from Azamara said "we are thrilled to announce that we will be able to stay in this historic canal city in the neighboring town of Chioggia". Guess I didn't realize it was that far away. Looks like TravelBerlin is on the Journey after my cruise.  image.thumb.png.517f18917fe8292313853ce16879ed98.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks I am looking at the one departing on April 22nd. 
Ivi

We’re on the April 22 departure and received an email from Azamara advising we’ll depart from Chioggia. I just hope they are offering a transfer from Venice somewhere, which I think they should be obliged to do. It looks as though Chioggia isn’t the easiest place to get to with luggage. 

• Like 1

I found this on the internet:

( I do think that Azamara will arrange some sort of transportation both from the airport and from central Venice.)

Venice to Chioggia Cathedral by bus, ferry and walk

The journey time between Venice and Chioggia Cathedral is around 1h 41m and covers a distance of around 17 miles. This includes an average layover time of around 23 min. Operated by ACTV S.p.a, the Venice to Chioggia Cathedral service departs from Santa Maria Elisabetta and arrives in Chioggia Cathedral. Typically 213 services run weekly, although weekend and holiday schedules can vary so check in advance.

Our problem is that we’ll be in Italy for a couple of weeks prior to the cruise, with a rental car. We need to know where to drop it off before we can book. Currently Padova looks the best place as there is a direct bus service to Chioggia. We’ll have way too much luggage to take multiple forms of transport as we’re travelling on for a further six weeks after this cruise.

I wish that Azamara would commit themselves one way or the other, ie they’ll provide a transfer from wherever, or not, paid or complimentary. 

We are on the Onward, scheduled to end in "Venice" on September 10, 2023, along with some friends. I have not heard anything yet as to where we will actually be porting. I have a few logistics to work out, as we'll be traveling on to the Puglia region afterwards, but will try to remain flexible.

If anyone has seen anything on the Onward for September 10, 2023 - either disembarking, or you are embarking then, please post if you know the port location. 

17 hours ago, luv2travel90266 said:

My post #27 is incorrect. We arrive April 14th, 2023 in Chioggia . An email I received from Azamara said "we are thrilled to announce that we will be able to stay in this historic canal city in the neighboring town of Chioggia". Guess I didn't realize it was that far away. Looks like TravelBerlin is on the Journey after my cruise.  image.thumb.png.517f18917fe8292313853ce16879ed98.png

It is indeed quite far. Chioggia appears to be a lovely place but it is just not easy to access from Venice or from the Venice Airport. Due to this port of embarkation being difficult for us to access we have decided against our cruise with Azamara departing from Chioggia 😔. We continue searching…

Ivi

On 10/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, luv2travel90266 said:

Choices for transport below. There is a land route by taxi if you don't wish to hassle with luggage.

image.png.f8e918e04ed577e0840c9bf323f20a05.pngimage.thumb.png.4265dc7ed35bdee9b58f5e7538172cb2.png

At a future cruise presentation yesterday. It was mentioned, with pictures, that there are similar canals and buildings in Chioggia and that if you’ve been to Venice you might want to check Chioggia instead.  The ferry was mentioned as the better transportation.   They seem excited that the new port is still accessible by Venice airport, and that there is plenty to see locally.  

hth

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 2:04 PM, luv2travel90266 said:

I contacted Azamara by email and by surprise they responded with a thank you making them aware and they made the change on the excursion reservation page to start at 1:30PM. I happily just registered for the excursion. Response was 2 days of my email to them. Points given to the back office 🎉

You did much better than we did. We're on the same ship and haven't gotten a response as to where we dock in over a month. It makes planning the trip to the hotel challenging to say the least. We're staying in Venice for a few days after the trip so....

On 12/5/2022 at 11:46 AM, terry&mike said:

We are on the Onward, scheduled to end in "Venice" on September 10, 2023, along with some friends. I have not heard anything yet as to where we will actually be porting. I have a few logistics to work out, as we'll be traveling on to the Puglia region afterwards, but will try to remain flexible.

If anyone has seen anything on the Onward for September 10, 2023 - either disembarking, or you are embarking then, please post if you know the port location. 

Cruisemapper has the Onward as in Venice Ports https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/venice-port-79?tab=schedule&month=2023-09#schedule

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 11:32 AM, luv2travel90266 said:

Just rechecked Journey April 14,2023. An email received over a month ago indicated Chiogga and cruisemapper doesn’t show it there. Guess it will be a mystery port. Will be staying in Venice too for 3 days after the cruise. 

We're doing the same thing. We're on the ship from Lisbon (Going early) to Venice. (staying after).

We;

We're trying to figure out how to get to our BnB in Venice after the ship.