🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

Just wanted to add a quick note from the October 29th sailing of Allure. Both Samba and Solarium Bistro are closed this week. It could have something to do with this being the last sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. After this week Allure is moving to Galveston. That’s all the information I have now. It messed up my prearranged reservations. All fixed now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluecruise456 said:

thanks for all the info - do you have the cruise compasses for the trip?  We are on a 8 Day Harmony OTS  in Jan. 2023 and wanted to look at activities.  thank you

We got the paper cruise compasses but I don't have access to them right now.  I really don't think that it would do you much good with you being on a different ship and later date. Things change so much.   We had shows changing while we cruised.   You can look at different cruises on your app and see what is going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Just wanted to add a quick note from the October 29th sailing of Allure. Both Samba and Solarium Bistro are closed this week. It could have something to do with this being the last sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. After this week Allure is moving to Galveston. That’s all the information I have now. It messed up my prearranged reservations. All fixed now. 

I hate that for you.   Did you plan to eat at Samba and SB?  I remember last year the Solarium Bristo was shut down on Symphony and Harmony but I believe that was do to low numbers.   I wonder if it's a supply shortage.  Who knows.   Sometimes they don't want to share and whatever is cancelled it's technical problems 🙃 

5 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Update on Samba/Solarium Bistro on the Allure - According to the suite lounge concierge they are closed temporarily for unexpected maintenance. They will return. Of course that could be another version of the “technical problems” excuse. 

Cool that they changed up the wording. It sort of keeps things fresh and innovative.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ScubaCat3 said:

Update on Samba/Solarium Bistro on the Allure - According to the suite lounge concierge they are closed temporarily for unexpected maintenance. They will return. Of course that could be another version of the “technical problems” excuse. 

Someone in another thread has posted that the entire solarium is closed.

• Like 2

The whole Solarium closed would be a problem.   That place was packed most days.  They would all have to find another place.

While we were on, they were having problems with one of the hot tubs outside the Solarium.   I believe the week before someone posted that they had to shut down water at times and the restrooms were closed periodically on deck 15.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The Solarium is where we spend every day onboard. I don’t think I have ever been in one of the outdoor pools on any of the Oasis class ships.  

I would not be happy. 

I like the Solarium too and would hate to see it closed.  I usually just get in hot tubs right outside the Solarium. I avoid pools in both areas,.   They get so crowded.   Here is what the Solarium pool looked like.

Solarium_144205.thumb.jpg.52be44a86f8a7b9021981a0f33cc2d6d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like the Solarium too and would hate to see it closed.  I usually just get in hot tubs right outside the Solarium. I avoid pools in both areas,.   They get so crowded.   Here is what the Solarium pool looked like.

Solarium_144205.thumb.jpg.52be44a86f8a7b9021981a0f33cc2d6d.jpg

This is why I don't get in the ship pools/whirlpools.  OMG!  😆

I hope the Solarium is up and running again by the time the Allure gets to Galveston.  We are on the November 13 sailing.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 7:45 PM, Tree_skier said:

I love Kummelweck sandwiches... I get them on every cruise.  I've never seen one as gross looking as that.  What a mess.

The first O class cruise we did was Allure in 2014, couldn't wait to get in that line for the Kemmelweck, was totally disappointed even then and have only had one more, we have 5 O class cruises under our belts, will never get another of those.

Edited by BecciBoo

4 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

This is why I don't get in the ship pools/whirlpools.  OMG!  😆

I hope the Solarium is up and running again by the time the Allure gets to Galveston.  We are on the November 13 sailing.  

The only time I didn't see crowded pools was in May on Ovation.  I was actually surprised to see anyone in the pool while cruising Alaska but they were.

We are able to find a Hot tub not packed at times.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

The first O class cruise we did was Allure in 2014, couldn't wait to get in that line for the Kemmelweck, was totally disappointed even then and have only had one more, we have 5 O class cruises under our belts, will never get another of those.

I used to like them but since the start up we haven't had a good one and as bad as that last one was I believe we are done too.

Edited by Ozark_Kid