🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

A few more  pics before boarding.

This was by the bridge.   There was a group of Punda Love Hearts.  If you zoom in you can see it is made up of locks attached to it.

B1_113947.thumb.jpg.b1da15340a50afdf955812bf60fb37e3.jpg

An area we didn't walk to.

B2_114043.thumb.jpg.1e66b887ec17bd59acfee8bd45d0a983.jpg

B4_114251.thumb.jpg.fc8300e69204b992aafe3211293f297d.jpg

And a pic of the boat.  The phone picked up sooo much blue.  I tried to reduce some blue.. .

B3_114056.thumb.jpg.573c2e4748578471874a19995d997532.jpg

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We also had a bad experience with this last May.   I believe this will be a dropped tradition for us.

We have not had a good one in the five cruises we were able to do since the restart.  Maybe supply chain issues, or just getting lower quality. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are in a race with Carnival. 

20221022_114718.thumb.jpg.9ebce10743ac2a4d5cb48d3155db904b.jpg

@bobmacliberty i just noticed something.   I posted the above through "Add Files" and it loaded as jpg 3.4 mg.  I pasted the below pick.  It posted as a ping at 14.7 mg.  if you don't mind download these picks and see how they compare.  It would be nice to figure out CC.

image.thumb.png.46fcc3e809a938b2b1676f6a1397dbf6.png

Both pictures look about the same to me in picture quality on CC.  The .png file might be a little bit sharper when looking at the waves in the water, but that might be my mind tricking me because .png files are less compressed than .jpg files, meaning less of the original image quality is lost, and the .png should look better.  That's consistent with your saying that the pasted .png file is a lot larger than the "add files" .jpg version.  I really couldn't swear though that one format looks any better than the other.

I downloaded both and they are both the same dimensions...563 X 750.  The downloaded .jpg is 86 KB, and the downloaded .png is 726 KB, so the .png file that CC stores is still quite a bit larger.  That makes sense given that .png files are less compressed.  I'd suggest doing whatever is easiest for you to do when creating a post.  If it saves you some time when pasting in a picture and the upload time doesn't seem longer for the larger file size, go for it.  If it's easier to use "add files" and find the picture in your camera roll, then do that instead.  The end result picture quality is about the same either way.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

When we were back on board we headed to Park Cafe.  Salad was good.

Z1_132532.thumb.jpg.0c69acb02bbb6289d24f563627481aaf.jpg

And this was bad.

X2_132552.thumb.jpg.2d7db4fa08ec78474a27c6c60eb82924.jpg

We also had a bad experience with this last May.   I believe this will be a dropped tradition for us.

What is that meat?   It looks horrible.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Earlier, before the game, Caden facetimed to tell us that he had a dream that the won.  He said the prize was food.  He wanted something other than food, maybe like a trophy.  😆 Game over, they won!  Happy we are able to stay connected. 

which is one reason why we never turn off our phones.  Special shared moments.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Is that supposed to be the roast beef sandwich?  That does not look good at all.  Waaay too much fat.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We have not had a good one in the five cruises we were able to do since the restart.  Maybe supply chain issues, or just getting lower quality. 

59 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't even attempt it any longer.

26 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What is that meat?   It looks horrible.

It's was supposed to be the roast beef.  Never again. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The last time I got a roast beef sandwich I was very specific about the meat that I wanted.  Yup, I was that guy.  I "rejected" the first cut he made (too much fat) and then asked him to put on a second slice.  No problem...he just did what I asked.  It was tolerable, but far from a true Buffalo Been on Weck.  Too bad they can't slice it a lot thinner rather than just use one think cut slab.  Maybe they think that hand cut with a knife is somehow better than using a deli slicer? 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

downloaded both and they are both the same dimensions...563 X 750.

I wonder if the pics are downsized no less than that they would be about the same.  Who knows.  It will not matter soon, last night.  We have a long lay over tomorrow.   Might take me through Tuesday to finish up.   Thanks for checking things out.  It would be cool to cruise and do a Live together sometime.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never seen one look that bad....gross😥

The one in May was that bad too.  I used to be a fan before the p#×*$,^.

BTW,  I am thankful you are doing better.   Be ready Tuesday to get some Grandkid pics on the other thread and a video.   We are missing them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have never seen one look that bad....gross😥

I love Kummelweck sandwiches... I get them on every cruise.  I've never seen one as gross looking as that.  What a mess.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I love Kummelweck sandwiches... I get them on every cruise.  I've never seen one as gross looking as that.  What a mess.

I way that way too. Really enjoyed them and looked forward to the next. It was not bad but not the best this time last year but since then it has just gotten worse.   This time all 5 of us did not eat it.

• Like 2

We made it through FLL TSA bye 9:15am.  We were at a B gate when they changed our plane due to overbooking and moved use to A2 gate.  The internet was unusable there.  As we were about to take off they stopped the plane and said something was leaking from an engine due to the plane sitting so long. 🤷 after about 30 minutes we took off.  We are now in Atlanta waiting to fly to Memphis. 

• Like 4

Before sailing away from Curacao we went to Deck 16 to shoot pics.
If you zoom in you can follow the walkway inside the fence to see where you will walk.  It is a long walk.
OB1_161332.thumb.jpg.1ab70e99a119e05952f9d27b4ed79f2e.jpg

The rest of the pics will go left of the side before you cross the bridge.

OB2_161325.thumb.jpg.3b8b43828130f1ea682f0d95360dcc50.jpg

OB3_161357.thumb.jpg.4378b62e0376fabf9b39e910669ca71a.jpg

While looking out I thought,  that can't be a Lighthouse..... and it wasn't.

OB4_161415.thumb.jpg.cbc89e085007d3241b9817a4b7218019.jpg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 5

We originally booked 150 Central Park twice.   We really liked 150 but we decided to change it to Giovanni’s. We loved Giovanni’s.  I think it has become our new favorite. The filet mignon was the best steak from any restaurant.  If I remember correctly, I have already posted on Giovanni’s so I will only be posting this additional pic.
I love trying new food so I started with Grigliata di Polpo which is grilled octopus on white beans. All I will say is that I have now tried grilled octopus!  😆

20221020_172742.thumb.jpg.f6cd50c4bf3dc7dd23cc063f94af7db9.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 10