🛳 Live from Allure 10-15 to 10-23 with Starlink

Ozark_Kid

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I like it.

Thanks.

Have you tried a test run with it yet.  

On The Walk, I 1st set it to 20x.  It said go speed for cloud movement.  I thought, I hope I am walk faster than cloud movement so I ser it to 15x noting it would he a long walk.  Before posting last night I split the original video into 3.

I hope I hit the right letters while typing.  To much sun.  Will catch up more later.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That would be me.  The crazy person lying in the street or on a rock somewhere, trying to get a unique angle.

Some of your pictures are looking very pixelated on my screen.  Not sure if that's specific to me or if others are seeing the same. I'm wondering if CC is doing some weird compressing when you upload.

I have been downsizing on someone's recommendation.   Thanks for letting me know.  What size screen are you looking on.  Let me try one not so downsized.

It was getting hot in the sun so I went to the Hot Tube.  Sharon found me.

image.thumb.png.3f65a2b47ea1570c50fcd147d8935273.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I am seeing some pixelated, but it may be those that are pushing the limits of zoom for those photos. 

I have been reducing the size to 20 percent so the load quickly.   I am going to bump it up.  What size screen are you using. 

Let's try not downsizing.   Let me know if it makes a difference. 

Leaving the ship at Curacao. 

image.thumb.png.b36f31d0ab75b001c0b827ab5480099d.png

We walked through the market area.

image.thumb.png.dfb4c0c3ffcc95e4834ab078a99b2aa6.png

Right before you leave the market area, headed to the bridge,  you can go to the top off the wall to take pics.

image.thumb.png.861cc4bac6e7197e4fa6941cf1976ebc.png

Shot over the edge....

image.thumb.png.582f4dd9fb47d480329e131889a81e22.png

Or through the windows...

image.thumb.png.c6c9de922cd8b92fed96d6d2d7a1ec1b.png

• Like 10

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Some of your pictures are looking very pixelated on my screen.  Not sure if that's specific to me or if others are seeing the same. I'm wondering if CC is doing some weird compressing when you upload.

I'm getting the same pixelation also.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been downsizing on someone's recommendation.   Thanks for letting me know.  What size screen are you looking on.  Let me try one not so downsized.

I''m on a 24" monitor. The ones you're showing now that aren't downsized are much clearer.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

I'm getting the same pixelation also.

I''m on a 24" monitor. The ones you're showing now that aren't downsized are much clearer.

Thanks.  I have just been seeing then on my phone.   No more downsizing. 

On 10/19/2022 at 9:30 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

John is a pro.  This is only my third so I have a ways to go.  That's why we need to cruise more, more practice.  Someday we will cruise together and do a live together.   That would be nice.

My cruise friend was asking about the new iPhone and how the camera works.  I told him that you are a camera pro and said you like it.  We will see how long it will take him to buy one.

Off to sleep.  We get off early at Curacao.   Hope your shoulder gets better soon. 

One of the things I love about following lives is the unique focus each live brings.  Some will focus on drinks. Other's will focus on specialty restaurants. Some on the entertainment or Shore ex's or Suite life or whatever else....  All will have a little of everything but the personal focus is what makes each unique and special. 

You are right John is a  pro but this has been a great one so far and I'm enjoying following.   Greg's has been awesome as well.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I might have been the person who suggested downsizing first to reduce upload times, since CC downsizes anyway (I think).  Looks like that was a bad suggestion.  Were you downsizing, i.e. reducing the resolution, or were you keeping the resolution the same and increasing the amount of compressing that's done, i.e. reducing the quality?  Either way, what you did with the last few posts looks great!  If the pictures don't take too long to load, stay with what you're doing.

I'm using a 34" ultrawide monitor that's 3440 X 1440.  I downloaded one of your recent good portrait format photos (the flower wall) and it's 563 X 750 at 96 dpi.  I did the same for one of the pixelated portrait format photos (power outlet in base of Eagle Beach palapa) and the dimensions were identical.  I'm guessing that CC takes what it gets and converts to that size.  Landscape format pics are 1000 X 750.  Strange that they're not using more standard sizes like 600 x 800 for portrait and 1024 X 766 for landscape, which are the same 4 X 3 ratio.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks

BTW,  I hope you are doing better and the pain us getting better. 

Thanks it comes and goes. Right now I’m hurting pretty good. Glenfiddich is trying to help.😉

• Like 7

On 10/18/2022 at 1:49 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon is the Starbucks drinker.  She said the Larger drink is about a dollar more.

Cof1_133402.jpg.d2c873c4ef84d08ce5646bb5fb03b570.jpg

Cof2_133408.jpg.e083772e00b850a5edd200bcfc802051.jpg

none of these are covered under a beverage plan right?  Because it's Starbucks?

• Like 1

On our very first time visiting Curacao, back in 1999?  the Walking Bridge had to be closed for the very first time in 100 years (as told to us).  Luckily for us, we had booked a ship excursion, where a cab picked us up at the ship and brought us in to town, and then back to the ship.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been reducing the size to 20 percent so the load quickly.   I am going to bump it up.  What size screen are you using. 

I was viewing on an iPad Air 4. 

Sorry for the late response, but it has been a crazy, busy day. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

Curaçao was one of the port stops on my very first cruise so will forever hold a place in my heart. thanks for the pics!

I have really good family memories of Curacao. It is a special place to me, too. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I might have been the person who suggested downsizing first to reduce upload times, since CC downsizes anyway (I think).  Looks like that was a bad suggestion.  Were you downsizing, i.e. reducing the resolution, or were you keeping the resolution the same and increasing the amount of compressing that's done, i.e. reducing the quality?  Either way, what you did with the last few posts looks great!  If the pictures don't take too long to load, stay with what you're doing.

I'm using a 34" ultrawide monitor that's 3440 X 1440.  I downloaded one of your recent good portrait format photos (the flower wall) and it's 563 X 750 at 96 dpi.  I did the same for one of the pixelated portrait format photos (power outlet in base of Eagle Beach palapa) and the dimensions were identical.  I'm guessing that CC takes what it gets and converts to that size.  Landscape format pics are 1000 X 750.  Strange that they're not using more standard sizes like 600 x 800 for portrait and 1024 X 766 for landscape, which are the same 4 X 3 ratio.  

I have to use the phone editor.  I can not figure out how to see dpi.  With the flowers I did not change the dimensions.   With the outlet I went to 20%.  Here is what they look like in the editor. 

image.thumb.png.c93c22bf79c4f8c4839e5039741c9608.png

image.thumb.png.de10ceec30ae75c25448e7552edb58d6.png

• Like 1