New to Princess

Purplsmurf

Hello all! My parents are avid Princess cruisers, but don’t get a drink package and can’t find anything on the website. We strictly sail Celebrity and they want to take us on a Princess cruise so we are trying to find out some information. Looks like one has drink packages up to $12 and the other up to $18. Is there anywhere that actually shows the liquors offered with each? I enjoy champagne and my husband good bourbons. Also, if we have the regular package and buy a drink that is $15, do we pay the $3 difference or pay the whole amount? Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

The availability of wines and liquors is subject to change. There have been several threads about a shortage of wines. If you have the plus package and get something more than $12, you pay the difference (plus the 18% tip). For us the plus package at $50/day works best as all beers, most cocktails and some wines are included. Remember that the package also includes crew tips and internet access. I do not know much about the liquors but on various live threads people have posted pictures of the drink list.

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Hello all! My parents are avid Princess cruisers, but don’t get a drink package and can’t find anything on the website. We strictly sail Celebrity and they want to take us on a Princess cruise so we are trying to find out some information. Looks like one has drink packages up to $12 and the other up to $18. Is there anywhere that actually shows the liquors offered with each? I enjoy champagne and my husband good bourbons. Also, if we have the regular package and buy a drink that is $15, do we pay the $3 difference or pay the whole amount? Any information would be greatly appreciated. 

Here are the bar menus from August 2022:

https://profcruise.com/the-new-princess-beverage-packages-with-updated-bar-menus/

• Like 1

Unless you want some kind of super premium liquor pretty much all drinks are covered with Princess Plus - up to $12. If you then decide on an occasional drink that happens to be more you are only charged the difference plus 18% gratuity. Unless you are after higher end wines, the photos, or need extra Specialty Dining the more expensive package is crazy.

I tend to drink Bulleit bourbon or 12 year old Scotch and those are covered. I also drink occasional Chairman of the Board martinis or 24K Gold Margaritas and those are also covered. Princess Plus is likely what you are after.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

I enjoy champagne and my husband good bourbons.

Maker's Mark, Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Knob Creek and I think Woodford Reserve were on my last one, though that was almost a year ago.

Crown, Seagram 7, Jack, probably Gentleman Jack, Jim, chivas, Jameson were also available.

Most, if not all, would fall under the $12 price point and would be available with the package. I sail in a few days, and I'll be reminded again what bottles they have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

. Also, if we have the regular package and buy a drink that is $15, do we pay the $3 difference or pay the whole amount?

The difference, though I will double check this onboard in a few days.

The plus package includes alcoholic beverages menu priced up to $12. This includes most of the straight whiskeys and cocktails offered. It includes house wines, but many of the better wines are priced higher than $12. A single malt whiskey will probably also be higher than $12 and may actually be higher than the $18. In both packages you are allowed up to 15 alcoholic beverages/pp/day and unlimited amounts of the included non alcoholic beverages, which is almost everything except canned sodas. If you have the plus package and purchase a drink for $15 then you will be charged $3 + 18% service charge or $3.54.

Of course Princess deserves the right to increase prices and I would not be surprised if they start to menu price drinks over the $12 level. But, you never know.

You can carry on 1x 750ml bottle of wine/per adult at no charge for use in your cabin. If brought to a public area you are subject to a $20 corkage fee. You and your parents sounds like 4 people. Each of you can carry on a bottle. Many passengers pour in their cabin and carry the glass around. Additional bottles can be carried on and are subject to the $20 corkage when boarding. These bottles are marked and can be used anywhere on the ship.